8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

Great game by both teams last night. CC has a hard time holding on to big leads and last night was no exception. Up by as much as 14 they let LA crawl back into it. CC was plagued by foul trouble most of the game sending Eldridge to the line quite a bit. But we squeaked out a win on the road and now sit at 5-1 in the district

LOL who said otherwise? there are many 8aa teams "for real."

no but I don't mean pretend "for real" like everybody else. Nobody else had the state runner ups on the ropes and should have beat them. Not many district teams go into Hogeye and pull out a win. I'm biased but all along I have thought this team is a legit state contender. I could be wrong (but I'm not lol).

Guest AllBlue

no but I don't mean pretend "for real" like everybody else. Nobody else had the state runner ups on the ropes and should have beat them. Not many district teams go into Hogeye and pull out a win. I'm biased but all along I have thought this team is a legit state contender. I could be wrong (but I'm not lol).

so everyone else is a pretender in 8aa? I don't recall this type of chest thumping after the York loss. 

Macon also did it. Hollars and Linnder leaving the team has hurt LA

How long since you guys have been to state? I wouldn't reserve my hotel room in murfreesboro just yet. CC fans spewed the same things last year & we saw how that turned out. Until you can handle the pressure in the tourney, you will always be a bridesmaid. LA has lost home district games every year & always makes the adjustments and represents our region in the tourney (last seven years substate & 5 of those to state) this year will be the same (region champs). You better just be glad York cant play in the tourney LOL or your run would definetly end in the region tourney (still might anyway). Good game for CC last night. LA needs to get more minutes for hayes, get smarter about silly fouls, & hold the ball instead of attacking the basket at the right times. 5 losses that all went to overtime. We could easily be undefeated. Led last night by 4, with the ball, & a minute left & running like our pants are in fire. CLOCK MANAGEMENT!!!! Im sure these adjustments will be made by tourney time. Jarhead, your bragging means nothing until you can get it done in the tourney. You are not "For Real" until then just "Pretenders".
  • Upvote 1

DC gets the win over MC. Not a pretty win but a win none the less. It was the first time DC won a game in which they were held to less than 60 points. Said another way, all our loses have came when we were held to less than 60.

MC had several offensive possessions were they kept the ball for a full minute or more. Making pass after pass, waiting for a missed defensive assignment on our part with the side effect of limiting our offensive possessions. We've got some adjustments to make for those instances were the tempo is slowed to a snails pace. More defensive pressure, generating turnovers. Better all around defense. Seems to me we do better when we are in attack mode. Tenacious D + Relentless Offensive pressure (think Oregon Football) = wins. Can't get bogged down in slow methodical basketball, not our brand of ball.

A quick review of LA's schedule: LA has won every game in which their opponent was held to less than 60 and lost every game were their opponent scored more than 60. 

Comes down to who can: 

• a. perfect a "brand of basketball" 
  • b. dictate that brand or tempo on the other guys most consistently (ie LA and CC)
  • play to your strengths. DC has some aggressive scorers. Let the horses run.

#shotclockneeded #betterthanwewere #notasgoodaswearegonnabe #magicnumberissixtyone

Edited by dcclaw

How long since you guys have been to state? I wouldn't reserve my hotel room in murfreesboro just yet. CC fans spewed the same things last year & we saw how that turned out. Until you can handle the pressure in the tourney, you will always be a bridesmaid. LA has lost home district games every year & always makes the adjustments and represents our region in the tourney (last seven years substate & 5 of those to state) this year will be the same (region champs). You better just be glad York cant play in the tourney LOL or your run would definetly end in the region tourney (still might anyway). Good game for CC last night. LA needs to get more minutes for hayes, get smarter about silly fouls, & hold the ball instead of attacking the basket at the right times. 5 losses that all went to overtime. We could easily be undefeated. Led last night by 4, with the ball, & a minute left & running like our pants are in fire. CLOCK MANAGEMENT!!!! Im sure these adjustments will be made by tourney time. Jarhead, your bragging means nothing until you can get it done in the tourney. You are not "For Real" until then just "Pretenders".

we shall see in a month or so. A lot of ball to be played but I'm giving my opinion. You don't have to agree.

Guest AllBlue

just admit it. You guys just aren't good anymore. It's ok, we all have down years. I'm sure you can schedule Boyd 5 times like dekalb does. Don't stress it.

There goes any weight your opinions may have ever had. Flamer status achieved.