8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

DC came in prepared and played hard but the turnovers did them in. could almost quantify every turnover as a 4 point swing to CC's advantage. we lost points with every turnover and CC got easy buckets on the other end. overall, it was a win in that we continue to improve. DC isnt going to climb to the top of the food chain overnight. its an incremental process. you can see were the coaches have done a good job working with the boys, building them up and making the right adjustments. lost to the best / most athletic team we've played to date. the boys kept fighting and played hard to the end which is what we've grown to expect from this team. #progress

I usually am more of a reader instead of a commenter.  I also realize getting a DC fan and a CC fan to agree is similar to getting a Republican and Democrat to agree.  Last night is the first time I have seen DC play, so I cannot attest to how much they have improved or progressed since the beginning of the season.  However, CC put their subs in very early in the game.  If I remember correctly, the subs played half of the 2nd quarter and half of the 4th quarter.  If you consider it a moral victory to only lose by 20 when your starting five played the last 4 minutes of the game against freshmen and sophomores...to each his own I guess.

Glad to see LA let a little air out of the ball with a minute left. Think a few of losses could have been avoided but well worth the lesson learned. Boys played hard & even harder after Eldridge went down instead of panicking. Hayes was 2 steps faster than anyone on the court. I know its early but he reminds me of Chase Dunn. Brings that same excitement & intensity to every play. Guffey nor McWilliams could get any separation while he was guarding them. If the Zebras kept counting, we would have gotten several 5 sec violations.

Guest AllBlue

Yes, showed a little more discipline. Hayes just gets better every week. He plays any better on defense, he'll be another shirt on these guys. I can't confirm but hearing Wade hyper-extended his knee and won't be out long. Not 100% sure though.

Glad to see LA let a little air out of the ball with a minute left. Think a few of losses could have been avoided but well worth the lesson learned. Boys played hard & even harder after Eldridge went down instead of panicking. Hayes was 2 steps faster than anyone on the court. I know its early but he reminds me of Chase Dunn. Brings that same excitement & intensity to every play. Guffey nor McWilliams could get any separation while he was guarding them. If the Zebras kept counting, we would have gotten several 5 sec violations.

Totally agree. Slowing the game down with a late lead made the difference in this game. Maybe a lesson has been learned.---- Hayes may be ahead of Dunn at this point. He adds a lot to this team. Don't believe his quickness is equaled in the district. Makes pretty good decisions for a freshman. His added playing time has made LA a much better team.

Well no lightning in the bottle for Coach Martin and DC tonight. How about Central Magnet though?  Big congrats to them on their first district 8AA win, EVER! With as big of a population Rutherford County has, you would think CM would be able to attract some decent talent and eventually get things turned around for the good. I'm not sure what the problem is up there, but they have been awful since they started playing varsity basketball in 2011-2012. I can understand struggling mightily in the first two seasons, but they haven't showed much sign of improvement. They have gone 10-94 since their first season. All it would take is one really good player to have them competitive most nights. Does anyone have any opinions or knowledge as to why they are still so bad? Is it simply because it's still a young program or what? Their baseball and women's basketball are good, so I just don't really understand why they're still struggling so bad.

DCTiger help me out with something. I am trying to find out some information on CM as I am trying to enroll my kids at CM. 

I have taken the tour at CM and done the informational thing as well. Do you know why their men's basketball team has done so poorly? I see them playing good teams close. They were tied with Livingston Academy at half, and they were down 8 to Cannon County at the end of the 3rd, and now they beat York (that is their first district win in their history?)

I know there are good athletes in Rutherford County as I am a sports fan and enjoy going to games. I know after interviewing with the administration that you have to have the grades to get in and then it becomes a random thing of who gets in the school. They don't pick and choose which ones are athletes and which ones are not and I am sure this has an affect- apparently the chess team and quiz bowl teams are national champs, lol.

I am supposed to talk to the head coach next week when I take my kids to the school to tour it. Was the previous coach any good? Did he develop a feeder system (I dont know if they even have a feeder system)? How is the junior high program? These are all things I want to know. 

Do you know anything about the current coach? I saw that CM played Dekalb Co, pretty close last week- did you see the game? What did they look like? 

Xander Miller from Livingston Academy one top Sophs in state according to ranking I saw recently from we'll known recruiting analyst.

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/444537-xander-miller-tough-2017-out-of-tn

Nice video I found threw google his name. Also a All Star at a National Pangos Camp. Kids making noise

Xander is tough as nails! He has been schooled very well in basketball. Comes from a long line of big men. Has I very high basketball IQ. He is a young soph (still growing) .

Guest AllBlue

Xander is tough as nails! He has been schooled very well in basketball. Comes from a long line of big men. Has I very high basketball IQ. He is a young soph (still growing) .

Yes, I've been saying since the beginning of the year that he is the most improved player on the team (although a few others have improved also). He already had potential but took it up a notch this year. All his hard work is paying off.