8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

Guest AllBlue

Well your free to THINK what you want. But I took look this Future 150 site its a NATIONAL NCAA certified recruiting service. Something tells me they know way more than you me or anybody else posting on here. The scouting service the rated Miller they guy has 40 years of experience watching and ranking HS kids. So while everyone is free to post what they THINK I would think anyone with sense including myself would say they know WAY WAY more than people on here. So trying giving Miller and any kid with those accolades the respect they have earned

I think Miller has super potential. I don't think he is D1 now but if he keeps improving at his current rate, he may well end up there.

As for football, there are a few that could play at some level of D1.

Guest AllBlue

CC refers to Clay county , I do believe.    I just realized the kid is a soph.  I watched the video, he likes no look passes.  

ahh ok, not familiar.  may have to check a game out.

Captnoname,

It has been so long since posted, that I forgot how and had to start over with a new name, etc. Is there a way that we can talk off line. I'm not sure how much I can tell you but I do know one of the coaches very well. I  will be glad to talk and help in any way I can.

DCTiger, 

I saw the CC/DC game and was impressed with the DeKalb team. You're getting the best guard play since I started watching 8AA ball 15 years ago. You had just to many turnovers, but the team never quit. CC's press doesn't seem all that daunting but wears other team down over time. Even East Nahville and Columbia seemed rattled at times. Oh, by the way, the kid that they call Rooster has no idea how good he really is.

Not sure I am following..."best guard play in 15 years" but "too many turnovers."  "CC's press doesn't seem all that daunting but wears other team down over time."  Is that what the purpose of a press is?  If the press is causing turnovers and wearing the team down, then it is doing it's job, in my opinion. 

Not much love on the thread for Cannon...even from the very first post.  Hopefully, they will continue to be the dark horse with lots of basketball left to play.  They are well coached and fun to watch.  No, they don't have a standout D1 player, but they do have a core 6-7 guys that play well together.  Personally, I would rather have five players with 10-15 points a game.  The rest of the season should be interesting. 

The only D1 prospect from around this area that I have seen lately is Key from CC. This sophomore has 87 points in his last four games. Now to make "rabbitranch" happy, if you want to compare apples with apples Miller isn't even in the same league. Forgot to mention Keys sweet dunks, and the fact that he is very humble. Don't want anyone to think I'm dogging Miller. He will be a great athlete.

Rabbit is always happy as long as he can watch a high school game. Sorry to have gotten your panties in a wad. Hope you're feeling better now. You're absolutely right. Key (Clay Co.) is for real. I try not to make a comparison between kids on these forums, as you have chosen to do. I'd much rather 'build them all up' instead of putting one down!

Rabbit is always happy as long as he can watch a high school game. Sorry to have gotten your panties in a wad. Hope you're feeling better now. You're absolutely right. Key (Clay Co.) is for real. I try not to make a comparison between kids on these forums, as you have chosen to do. I'd much rather 'build them all up' instead of putting one down!

Good post Rabbit! Im suspicious of bigboy maybe having a grudge of some sort. No comparison necessary of any of the 3 players he mentioned. All have a great upside. He only seemed to be concerned with one of the three getting some love.Hmm...

Guest AllBlue

Hey OldKoger or any other LA fans, how tall is Miller? I'm talking about his real height, not the inflated numbers coaches put out. You know what I'm talking about, saying a player is 6'5 205, when they're really 6'3 190.

I have no idea. I've never looked at the program they put out either. At a distance on floor i want to say 6'1". 6'2" at most. 

I don't understand how mboro central magnet is not more competitive. I realize they just got their first district win but then turned around and got crushed by Cannon. I realize they won't be on the same level as Riverdale, Oakland, Siegel, or Blackman but dang, I'm sure mtcs would crush them. Any thoughts?

Jar2

I would say you need to remember that they don't have the best athletes at CM.

Remember this too-how many district gamed has CM won? How do you handle success after you expierience it? I am sure these kids are the same way.

No doubt their staff was probably disappointed in the team effort.

Just my opinion but I think cannon county is probably the worst matchup for CM.

just a couple of thoughts to consider.