8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

Guest AllBlue

LA beat Oakland 52-45. Oakland starting lineup 6'7, 6'5, 6'3, 6'1, 6', we seem to be able to handle speed & size. Good thing is we will definetly continue to improve, had some walks/double dribble calls. Football players feel & timing will only get better. Play Cookeville on tues. Could take down 3 AAA teams in a row.

I wasn't able to make tonight's game. I didn't know Oakland had that much size. I was more nervous with Riverdale and Oakland than Cookeville. Girls should be a blow out. Boys might end up close like last 2 games. 

LA looked solid. Any idea how many points #30 for LA (Eldridge, I believe?) had?

Yes Eldridge, I beleive he had 19. He plays big inside but is only 6'4 or so. Low scoring game, I really expected these last two games to be high scoring & alot of running but there has been alot of turnovers & sloppy play. They will clean it up. All Blue, I don't think Cookeville is on the same plane as us or the Murfreesboro teams. But the last few times we have played them, they made it competitive when it shouldnt have been. Girls will be over at half & boys should win by 15.

LA beat Oakland 52-45. Oakland starting lineup 6'7, 6'5, 6'3, 6'1, 6', we seem to be able to handle speed & size. Good thing is we will definetly continue to improve, had some walks/double dribble calls. Football players feel & timing will only get better. Play Cookeville on tues. Could take down 3 AAA teams in a row.

very impressive by both schools. huge win for la beating powerful and undefeated riverdale. i already knew how good cannon was. almost beat state runner up and athletic east nashville. la and cannon will battle till the end for the district championship this year with upperman and smith co. giving both solid games.i mit add dekalb is overachieving.

DeKalb has played beyond what most expected so far but we will see if we can at least keep the game close with Upperman this Friday. Even DCs best teams have had trouble with the Bees.

LA is basically a AAA school anyway[/quote

Alright now go back to the kids table with your footsie pajamas & don't forget to clean your plate. This is the grown-up table!

LA will be residing in 8AA again this year & that should be your only concern. LA got two good wins for any classification. Go ahead & celebrate your loss & beat your chest a little.

There's a reason why LA finishes at the top of the district(boys and girls) almost every year. I'm not mad about it, it's just a fact.

Well according to the edu website Cannon has 650+ students ,LA has 950+, Riverdale has 2150+, & Oakland has 1800+. Still looks like those AAA schools have quiet a few more students than little ole LA. Guess if Riverdale beats Oakland than it will be because Riverdale has more students. You said there is a reason LA is always at the top, that makes sense. Guess that is why Cookeville is always in the top 3 of all classifications, oh hang on they are never in the top. Oh and by the way East Nash has 1200+ but that is 5th-12th, cut that in half & they have less students than CC. What is the excuse for that loss? So guess its back to the kids table for you again! Edited by oldkodger

Generally speaking, schools with larger enrollments have an advantage over smaller ones, that's why we have classifications. The smaller schools in the district(Smith, Cannon, Dekalb,etc) struggle every year against LA. They may field a team every few years and compete for the title, but it's not consistent. LA has always dominated 8AA, I certainly don't think it's because they have some "secret winning formula". You brag about how LA beats AAA teams, then maybe they should move to AAA, they wouldn't have any trouble competing.  I'm not trying to make excuses for the smaller schools, but I guess it looks that way. i will take my toys and go home now. Good discussion though and your points are well taken!

Guest AllBlue

Cookeville is the 4th largest school in the state so there goes that logic. LA is good every year because the county has total buy-in. The feeder system is competitive and effective (5 "junior high" programs). Tons of kids try out each year for every program. I'm not sure how it goes in Cannon, admittedly. 

True All Blue. Several middle schools feeding one county highschool is a good formula, the same formula that CC has. Overton looses a few players to pickett & monterey but generally keeps most of the talent at home. That is contributed to good/fair coaches. So the size of schools can be misleading. Cookeville lost 4 good players that transfered this year alone. Not sure why but you gotta keep the talent home. CCfan, I was just fooling around, you can stay at the grownup table. I respect CC's program & know that we will have to battle to win no matter which team has the advantage. The lions have been fun to watch the last few years.