8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

LA loses in triple overtime by 3, 74-71 Had 5 players foul out. Macon had 1 foul out. MC 35-42 from foul line. Congrats to MC, played hard & pulled the upset.

Same thing that happened to Jackson Co in a OT loss to Macon. Had 4 foul out, with Macon winning with their playes mostly still in.

Same thing that happened to Jackson Co in a OT loss to Macon. Had 4 foul out, with Macon winning with their playes mostly still in.

Credit to MC for the win. LA had the ball & a 3point lead at the end if regulation,, under a minute & chose not to hold it. Then with a tie at end of 2nd overtime they took a shot with 20 seconds remaining instead of holding. Got fouled & made 1 of 2 then a controversial foul was called as time expired allowing MC to go to the line. Several people believe time expired before the foul but the three opinions that matter said otherwise They made 1 of 2 sending it to 3rd overtime. I hate to loose but this has happened in our home opener in district play 3 or 4 times in recent years & the team has responded well. Better get the wildcats early because they will only get better. Let the air out of the ball next time please!

Credit to MC for the win. LA had the ball & a 3point lead at the end if regulation,, under a minute & chose not to hold it. Then with a tie at end of 2nd overtime they took a shot with 20 seconds remaining instead of holding. Got fouled & made 1 of 2 then a controversial foul was called as time expired allowing MC to go to the line. Several people believe time expired before the foul but the three opinions that matter said otherwise They made 1 of 2 sending it to 3rd overtime. I hate to loose but this has happened in our home opener in district play 3 or 4 times in recent years & the team has responded well. Better get the wildcats early because they will only get better. Let the air out of the ball next time please!

LA was up 4 with 38 seconds on the clock and took the ball straight to the hoop in traffic. Hopefully a lesson will be learned from this game. Congrats to Macon co. on a big win.

Guest AllBlue

yes we deserved to lose this one. We couldn't hit our foul shots to avoid OT to begin with. I was 15 feet from Wade's block and it was all ball with 0 left. But, really, they shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. MC was scrappy from beginning to end and deserved the W. Now hoping LA bounces back Tuesday night!

Football is over and on to the hardwood. Someone give me a run down on my Bees. It seems they have a good record. Any suprises on their players?

Bees have 2 McWilliams brothers Soph F 5'11 Sr F 6'1 who are decent players who got limited playing time last year. 5'7 G Guffy returns, short but the best shooter in the district. SR 6'0 G Phillips and Soph 6'0 PF Cushing come over from football to provide depth from the bench. JR 6'2 F Ely has a pretty good all around game. What makes the a factor are thw two Shrum transfers from Cookeville. Sr 6'3 C Hunter Shrum and his JR 5'11 F brother Shrum are now starters and gives them 8 deep that can play. Team is not very tall but hustles and shoots well. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan