8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

Probably the worst loss DC has suffered in the past five years or so to ANY team. We just looked out of sorts. Craig and Eldridge are a tough one-two punch to counter.

hate to go negative but a spade is a spade, that was a horrific coaching job by DC after halftime. only down by 9 at half, it was a competitive game, then the coach mysteriously stops coaching (literally leans back in his chair and spectates) midway through the 3rd. they go on to lose by 30???? the boys deserved better than that

Lynus is one of the few 8-AA coaches to go into LA's gym and come out with wins on a regular basis.

I don't think we've quite reached the point where we need to throw him under the bus just yet. It was one of those situations where we played so poorly that you almost have to throw your hands up. They happen. I'm confident we will regroup.

Guest AllBlue

Linder and Hollars.

DC fell apart quickly in the third quarter. They were having a hard time getting the ball past mid-court. Still a little disappointed on foul shooting but overall LA looked like the team as expected this year. We will see what happens without the 2 key contributors.

Linder and Hollars.

DC fell apart quickly in the third quarter. They were having a hard time getting the ball past mid-court. Still a little disappointed on foul shooting but overall LA looked like the team as expected this year. We will see what happens without the 2 key contributors.

so Linder and Hollars goona focus on football or is there something else up? Were they got the 6th and 7th men off the bench?

Guest AllBlue

I heard they quit. Unclear of details. I hope it was of a positive nature, otherwise you never know what a college football coach is going to think of that type of situation. They were in the "second wave" of players off the bench. Miller will sometimes replace all the starters with 5 players at a time. The positive last night was that Hayes (freshman) got some good playing time. They still remain fairly deep, but I hope it is nothing serious and these 2 come back to play. 

Lynus is one of the few 8-AA coaches to go into LA's gym and come out with wins on a regular basis.

I don't think we've quite reached the point where we need to throw him under the bus just yet. It was one of those situations where we played so poorly that you almost have to throw your hands up. They happen. I'm confident we will regroup.

all the home schools and terrible teams they have played so far didnt get them ready for district games. they have 11 wins to bad none of them matter

I was thinking Eldridge from LA was the best overall player in 8aa. I think the kid from York might be just as good.

I don't disagree, maybe better talent wise, I don't think there is any question that the Blevins kid at York has more going for him as far as size, shooting touch, and just an overall ability to score the ball, etc... but the thing that makes Eldridge a better high school player IMO is he plays harder.  Gets every rebound he's close to, has enough size and strength to play inside and dominate at times, and enough agility to be on the perimeter. But he just flat out competes and has that "high motor". 

No doubt both are very good players. 

**Please don't take this as bashing anyone... its just an opinion.