8AA 2014 Predictions

BaxterBiRite1996

I don't disagree, maybe better talent wise, I don't think there is any question that the Blevins kid at York has more going for him as far as size, shooting touch, and just an overall ability to score the ball, etc... but the thing that makes Eldridge a better high school player IMO is he plays harder. Gets every rebound he's close to, has enough size and strength to play inside and dominate at times, and enough agility to be on the perimeter. But he just flat out competes and has that "high motor".

No doubt both are very good players.

**Please don't take this as bashing anyone... its just an opinion.

100% agree

I don't disagree, maybe better talent wise, I don't think there is any question that the Blevins kid at York has more going for him as far as size, shooting touch, and just an overall ability to score the ball, etc... but the thing that makes Eldridge a better high school player IMO is he plays harder. Gets every rebound he's close to, has enough size and strength to play inside and dominate at times, and enough agility to be on the perimeter. But he just flat out competes and has that "high motor".

No doubt both are very good players.

**Please don't take this as bashing anyone... its just an opinion.

That is a good assessment of the two. With that being said, I would have to take Eldridge. Blevins' upside is undeniable. Hollars & Linder are good young men & both have a football future outside of HS. Dont want to loose them from this basketball team though! They are two of the best athletes in the district, hard to replace that. Fortunately, LA can still go 9 to 10 deep & Hayes will contribute. Miller was also averaging around 20 pts a game before football was over & lost alot of minutes. Look for him to step up. Edited by oldkodger

Very ugly basketball being played in Baxter this week. Two halftime leads blown due to missed foul shots and isolation basketball. Everyone looking for their own shot, nobody trying to create for someone else so most times it's 1 pass and shoot in the half court set.There has been some good flashes when we push the tempo and run the floor. Maybe we can get things turned around in Florida. Congrats Macon