Week 0.5 Alcoa v Mo East (Champions v Her icanes)

Congratulations to my friend Gary Rankin on win 358, currently 11 away from taking over the all-time lead as the most winning coach.

I had a really good interview with Coach Rankin Friday night. (probably the best one I've had with him). I always enjoy speaking with him and I ask him what game of the 358 victories had the most meaning and you'd be surprised at his answer! If you'd like to hear that interview click the link below. Coach Rankin's interviews begins the second hour of the show.

The Friday Main Event 8-22-2014

How about a direct link and not that itune

Crap......

How about a direct link and not that itune

Crap......

Unfortunately my station uploads all podcasts to Itunes.  I don't like it either.  Our Sister Station (Thunder Radio) uploads to YouTube (Dennis Weaver does anyway).  I'd prefer that also.  If your on your computer or Iphone, it's not a big deal to listen to the podcast.  If you like me and listen over a "droid based" system with your smart phone, it's more difficult.  Sorry.

That's the key to youth development. Start rotating players into the game instead of running up scores like the Black birds.

Against Smith County....Alcoa played 75 players. Probably that many again Mo east.

Develop depth and reload!

LOL ... guess you somehow forgot that Alcoa scored 70, 61, 75 against teams last year .. funny how you guys want to point fingers without realizing that you need to point that finger at yourself .. Falcons stated subbing in after 1st series in 3rd Qtr .. backups scored the TD's in 2nd half .. and 2nd and 3rd and frosh got alot of playing time from beginning of 3rd qtr thru the 4th qtr ... develop depth and reload !! Exactly what Fulton did last year as the 2nd team defense (all 11 new players played in numerous games in 1st Qtr) .. so dont talk unless you know what you are talking about. LOL    

LOL ... guess you somehow forgot that Alcoa scored 70, 61, 75 against teams last year .. funny how you guys want to point fingers without realizing that you need to point that finger at yourself .. Falcons stated subbing in after 1st series in 3rd Qtr .. backups scored the TD's in 2nd half .. and 2nd and 3rd and frosh got alot of playing time from beginning of 3rd qtr thru the 4th qtr ... develop depth and reload !! Exactly what Fulton did last year as the 2nd team defense (all 11 new players played in numerous games in 1st Qtr) .. so dont talk unless you know what you are talking about. LOL

BC is only pointing out your Black Birds because you call out Alcoa for "recruiting" our talent. In our games that you mentioned, at Kingston we had 49 at halftime; against PF we had 49 at halftime; against LOWERman we had 61 at halftime. That goes both ways, bud.

BC is only pointing out your Black Birds because you call out Alcoa for "recruiting" our talent. In our games that you mentioned, at Kingston we had 49 at halftime; against PF we had 49 at halftime; against LOWERman we had 61 at halftime. That goes both ways, bud.

Coaches can't tell the benchwarmers not to score when they have the opportunity for a touchdown.

If you don't want to take the time to listen, I'll answer the teaser for you. Coach Rankins most memorable victory in his career was his first victory at Smith County. At the time, Smith County had the longing losing streak in the State according to Coach Rankin.

Not surprising at all to me. He lost his first 10 games at SC the year before. He started over playing mostly freshmen & sophomores. They beat Gordonsville who went on to lose in A title game. There were only 3 classes then.

Edited by Antwan

This might be a very good season for SC with that horse Milan y'all could very well be in the Playoffs.

Been in the playoffs every year since 1995...lol. Remains to be seen. Several injured players should be back this week. Seems everyone they play is somewhat better than last year.

Edited by Antwan

I didn't say scoring 83 was a bad thing. We scored 91 on G-P in 2005 and got ripped apart on here. LOL.

I think what BC was getting at was that he was wondering how late in the game the Fulton first team played.

BC needs to not comment if he doesnt know .. starters played a series on offense at halftime - we had 48 points at half .. I have never blasted Alcoa for scoring points on teams ... BC brought it up and I was just reminding him that Alcoa has scored in the 70's so it was a little funny him saying that .. look in the mirror