Gordonsville @ Smith County

croz6110

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure didn't compare your team, my team or any team to Alcoa. IF you will read ALL my posts you will see that I have boosted the effort given, 110% and every aspect to boost the Owls as to the willingness to stand head to head with Alcoa. Now, as to the years you played, I know the situation very well. No, you did not have a good team, very few athletes, I will say you gave the effort needed, but very little game preparation and so on. Just go back and read my posts related to the Alcoa game and I think you will want to delete your post. What SC fan has made any of the above charges that the Owls gave up because we were playing Alcoa? As I stated earlier, the players were wanting to play them again. Didn't I say it was going to be "FUN" watching this years team? You are picking on the WRONG person hoss. NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!!

I think there is some misunderstanding because I have no clue what your trying to say. I wasn't comparing teams to Alcoa. I never said anything about effort. I never said anything about giving up. I wasn't picking on you.  

Edited by originalSC3

Yes I have heard. Yes I was at the game. Yes I know how good they are. But as a program do we just throw our hands in the air and say, well they just have better athletes? The mistakes we made are all OK because they are bigger, stronger, faster? Is that what champions do? Do we not strive to be the best by playing the best and working on how to get our program to that level? Please don't compare this team with mine. We only had 2 coaches that knew anything about football and ZERO talent, speed, or game experience. This team has a chance to be pretty good and that's says alot coming from me.

"But as a program do we just throw our hands in the air and say, well they just have better athletes? The mistakes we made are all OK because they are bigger, strronger, faster? Is that what champions do? These are the questions you asked me in reply to my post. When in any of my post have I said we gave up because Alcoa has better athletes? I repeated many times we  stood toe to toe and head to head with them. When did I ever mention the mistakes we made were OK because Alcoa was bigger, faster and stronger? I was very careful to NOT mention that due to SC so many players out. I have never said that we needed a soft schedule, I have always said we need strong competion to make us better. I don't know where you got that I was talking about your team, I was talking about you in a respectful way. The only team on Alcoa's schedule that might be able to contain  their TB will be this Friday, Maryville. Maybe that answers the questions you asked me in reply to my post. After over 2000 posts. I would have thought you would already know the answers to the questions you asked. Yea, it ticked me off as it would have Termite, Antwan, Big reid, Old ball coach baby and others. I was ticked off when I responded yesterday. I do admit that using the words "picking on" was a bad choice of words on my part. The posters who know me, as one called me saying "Lil Scooter got picked on" was a laugh. My bad on my part. GO OWLS !!!!! 

Seems to me a lot of SC posters are arguing with each other over how bad they're going to win Friday, and should they have tried a little harder at Alcoa. Good grief.

Anyway, it seems that the SC faithful are chalking this Friday's game up as a blowout victory.

The same was said last year and we saw what happened.

Is a blowout possible? Maybe.

Will it happen? We'll see.

I don't know that anyone can ever accurately predict how these games are going to go.

So, here's my shot.

There won't be a lick of defense played Friday.

And, whatever team lucks up and gets one or two more stops, wins.

I look for both teams to score at least 20.

With Gville winning, of course.

Seems to me a lot of SC posters are arguing with each other over how bad they're going to win Friday, and should they have tried a little harder at Alcoa. Good grief.

Anyway, it seems that the SC faithful are chalking this Friday's game up as a blowout victory.

I don't know that anyone can ever accurately predict how these games are going to go.

So, here's my shot.

So, here's my shot.

I think SC will have to stop the QB throwing the ball, with an offense that they haven't shown very much. Spread SC out and no huddle to confuse DB's. Use the draw , Utah pass and bubble screen to try and catch SC's  defense out of position. Very high pace offense. SC will run the ball with multiple running backs, the QB has improved tremendously and has five or six receivers who are fast and can catch the ball. Oh yes, one of our running backs, Milan, is a step away. I think those who are predicting a blow out are mostly posters from other communites. I look for a good close game, with the Owls winning, of course. 

So, here's my shot.

Yeah...mostly posters with about 10 posts. It is almost never a blowout. It will not likely be this time. I don't see how either team could be overconfident. Both were pretty bad last year for them. I think both are better this year. I guess we will see whom has made the most progress.

"But as a program do we just throw our hands in the air and say, well they just have better athletes? The mistakes we made are all OK because they are bigger, strronger, faster? Is that what champions do? These are the questions you asked me in reply to my post. When in any of my post have I said we gave up because Alcoa has better athletes? How do you get anything about giving up from these questions? This has nothing to do with effort or giving up. Its about striving to get better as a programLearn from the better programs. Expect to compete with the top programs. I repeated many times we  stood toe to toe and head to head with them. When did I ever mention the mistakes we made were OK because Alcoa was bigger, faster and stronger? I said we needed to be more physical on D and that we didn't tackle well. You replied that Alcoa had a stud back that' s won all kinds of awards and may go to play D1. That's insinuating to me it's OK that we didn't tackle well as a team beacause he is a stud does it not? Just because a team has great athletes does that excuse mistakes? If we don't expect to tackle superior athletes, how are we going to get better? See where I'm coming from?I was very careful to NOT mention that due to SC so many players out. I have never said that we needed a soft schedule, I have always said we need strong competion to make us better. I don't know where you got that I was talking about your team, I was talking about you in a respectful way. I could care less about my '94 team. We sucked. I was no prize either. The only team on Alcoa's schedule that might be able to contain  their TB will be this Friday, Maryville. Maybe that answers the questions you asked me in reply to my post. After over 2000 posts. I would have thought you would already know the answers to the questions you asked. Yea, it ticked me off as it would have Termite, Antwan, Big reid, Old ball coach baby and others. I talked with several and they understood where I was coming from.   I was ticked off when I responded yesterday. So was I. Nobody likes to get smart ####ed although looking back I'm confident that was not your intent. ever heard of I do admit that using the words "picking on" was a bad choice of words on my part. The posters who know me, as one called me saying "Lil Scooter got picked on" was a laugh. Everyone called me HOSS yesterday My bad on my part. GO OWLS !!!!! 

Hope this clears it up. I'm done with this conversation.

Edited by originalSC3