Westmoreland @ Macon County

tnchad1980

Pretty much. I'd rather not comment on the injury.[/quote

Rumor is Evans is indeed playing and just started this to throw the ole Tiggers off. He looked fine on his twitter video doing nasty stuff to a stuffed Tiger. Real classy, you ever thought recruiters look at stuff like that?#!? Once a Westie always a Westie!

West 34 MC 21

Both teams very even in talent just two mistakes cost MC the game, neither team played their best game tonight but thats high school football. Suspect officiating from a sideline ref who completely swallowed his whistle numerous times when the penalty was blatant. 15 in blue was the best player on the field on either side, will be great to see how good he can become if he stays healthy. However, Westmoreland capitalized on MC's two key fumbles and won the game. Congrats to them, 48 is a downhill runner and gave MC fits all night.

• Upvote 2

West 34 MC 21

Both teams very even in talent just two mistakes cost MC the game, neither team played their best game tonight but thats high school football. Suspect officiating from a sideline ref who completely swallowed his whistle numerous times when the penalty was blatant. 15 in blue was the best player on the field on either side, will be great to see how good he can become if he stays healthy. However, Westmoreland capitalized on MC's two key fumbles and won the game. Congrats to them, 48 is a downhill runner and gave MC fits all night.

this is spot on. best recap of the game that you're going to find on this thread. hats off to both teams, good physical ballgame.

that being said, the referee in question's inaction throughout the entire game was one of the most bizarre things i have ever seen in a football game.

i saw the guy get squirted with water on the side line, turn around madder than he11 and look straight at the kid/s that did it and he didn't even throw a flag at that. one of the oddest things i've ever seen regarding a sports official. i'm still bewildered.

Edited by snoball5278
  • Upvote 1

Westmoreland comes out in the 2nd half and goes wing T fullback dive practically every play for the rest of the game and Macon doesn't stop it. Turnovers and MoTown's experienced o-line were the difference in this game. There was one ref who worked the Macon sideline all night who was pretty bad but it's hard to blame officiating when you have a muffed punt and two fumbles.