Wartburg at Rockwood

ETNHSFootball

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some times it better to be lucky than good. I was at the game and Rockwood played 48 minutes so did Oneida it was a great game the Tigers did have some luck on their side and they made the most of it like good teams do.

WCHS 12

RHS 35

I like Rockwood 35-13. The dogs only miss one of those PAT's, on the scrubs late in the 4th.

We play another of your Roane County teams this week, Kingston. Coach Pankey has another year under his belt, how do you see that one? Good luck to you guys, Coach Webb is a class act and an extremely tough competitor.

Oneida had a few issues with timing on some passing routes for a turnover on down once or twice.

I can't believe Lambert's son is only 5 foot 7 and and playing QB. He must be a decent passer, mobile well coached by his dad or something. IDK how he can see over his O-line and the defense to pass. I've known way bigger junior high players in Scott/Oneida over the years at QB, even 7th graders. He's supposedly splitting the QB duty with someone else. Did anyone get a chance besides him at QB vs Rockwood?

I can't believe Lambert's son is only 5 foot 7 and and playing QB. He must be a decent passer, mobile well coached by his dad or something. IDK how he can see over his O-line and the defense to pass. I've known way bigger junior high players in Scott/Oneida over the years at QB, even 7th graders. He's supposedly splitting the QB duty with someone else. Did anyone get a chance besides him at QB vs Rockwood?

I never even saw a smaller guy at quarterback. I saw two guys at quarterback that were about 6'0-6'2.

Rockwood shocked me last week beating Oneida. If someone can beat Oneida then they will probably be Wartburg by 28.

Rockwood was very fortunate to get the W, Oneida controlled nearly the whole game. But Rockwood is no chump,kept it fairly close and figured out a way to pull it out. I'm betting Rockwood is the better team this week. I'd go along with the 28 point win. But then again, I know absolutely nothing about Wartburg.

Rockwood was very fortunate to get the W, Oneida controlled nearly the whole game. But Rockwood is no chump,kept it fairly close and figured out a way to pull it out. I'm betting Rockwood is the better team this week. I'd go along with the 28 point win. But then again, I know absolutely nothing about Wartburg.

When I was listening to the game on the radio(I was at the Scott vs McCreary massacre, lol) when they went into the half only down 7-0 I knew Rockwood had a chance but when Oneida went up 13-0 with around 4 minutes left I thought like everyone else "the Indians have this game in the bag" then we all know what happened. Maybe Rockwood just got lucky or once they got it to 13 - 7 there was just no room for mistakes and Oneida made the kind that get you beat. Like Copper Basin being up 26-8 over Coalfield early then next thing you know it's 32-34 Coalfield about the same score amount but reversed in their favor but they had a whole half to make a comeback.

Oh, and here's a pic of TL by his son. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvV-MyfIMAAMEsU.jpg:large Heck my brother was a 5-9, 200 pound RB when he was 13 in 8th grade with a 6 foot QB. http://twitpic.com/eat3u9

Edited by TheOgre78

http://rhsfootballalumni.com/video20140822.asp

Inside RHS Football - Rockwood Vs. Oneida (8/22/2014)

What stuck out to me was Oneida's passing game or lack of: Att-Comp-Int 3 of 5 and 1 interception, Passing yards 15. Rockwood 6-16 for 123 yards. Also Oneida had 216 rushing yards, in saying that Wartburg's Adam Kilby is a decent threat and experienced at RB, if he gets some good blocks Wartburg could put up some rushing numbers along with a few TDs, imo(v disregard this comment, lol.)

I think Rockwood should win but I don't think it will be a defensive game like last week.

Edited by TheOgre78