Game 4: Germantown and CBHS

Game 5: Manassas at Munford

Game 6: Ridgeway at Southwind

Game 7: Trezevant at Southaven (MS)

Game 8: White Station at Oakland

Game 9: Wooddale at Craigmont

Game 10: ECS at St. Benedict

Game 1: Arlington

Last year both teams had good seasons. Both played in the playoffs. Last year Collierville lost to Arlington at home. Both teams won their opening games against inferior competition. However, Arlington's defense only gave up 6 points to Kirby, while Collierville allowed Bolton to score 18 points. This game is at Arlington. I'm going with A town in this one.

Game 2: Millington

Both teams won their openers but I am infinitely more impressed with Millington's shut out of Germantown at Germantown then I am of Brighton's 32 point victory over G. W. Carver at home. Millington does it again serving notice to anybody who's paying attention.

Game 3: Central

Central opened it's 2014 campaign with a hard fought victory over a pretty good Hernando (MS) team at Hernando. Mitchell will be in the same boat again this week ... facing a bigger school that has twice the number of football players standing on the sidelines. Not to mention Mitchell will have to try and corral one Mr. Detrick Thomas, the do all athletic QB at Central who has already verbally committed to Mississippi State. That will be a feat in and of itself a task difficult to do all night. Central isn't a cupcake anymore. They are to be reckoned with.

Game 4: CBHS

I don't know who's opening debut was worse to watch. That train wreck of a game Germantown had last week when Millington came to town and took them behind the woodshed, or, the shellacking CBHS took at the hands of MBA. I partially listened to the CBHS debacle and they were in it for a while. Trouble is ... I don't think either team has a successful season this year. I'm going with CBHS because they play at home and I think that will help them.

Game 5: Manassas

Last year Munford only won two games. One of those victories came at the expense of Manassas in a squeaker 17-16. Last year Manassas had a subpar year for them exiting in the first round at the hands of Camden. Both teams won their openers. Munford surprised everybody by beating a good Covington team 10-7. Manassas blitzed Raleigh-Egypt 47-7. Manassas gets it's 7 lbs. of flesh this Friday night.

Game 6:  Ridgeway

Ridgeway is on a mission. Southwind just came off of a 47-20 drubbing at the hands of East. No rest for the weary in Southwind's case. Ridgeway has too much firepower and they are not afraid to use it! Southwind is Wile E. Coyote and Ridgeway is the Roadrunner. We've all seen the cartoons ... The Roadrunner always wins.

Game 7: Trezevant

Jamal Jones and his fellow purple people eaters had Southaven beat last year. They finish what they started this year with the punishing ground game and that swarming defense. Coach Teli White is going to feed his boys some gunpowder and the Bears are going to MS and bearclaw themselves some Chargers!

Game 8: Oakland

White Station played the University of South Panola last weekend and got drilled by a score of 62-27. Oaklnad just lost a hard fought battle against a district rival, Blakman on ESPN2 by a score of 28-21. Throw in the fact that White Station has to travel from Memphis to Murphressboro, a long 3 hour trip. Toss in the fact that White Station is breakiing in a new QB.I think all of that adds up to a check in the right hand column for White Station.

Game 9: Craigmont

Wooddale played Bartlett in a good game last week and just came up short. Funny what losing will do to a team's psyche that has experienced losing in the recent past. Craigmont beat the snot out of Douglass last week 54-0. They will beat Wooddale too, but not by that margin.

Game 10: ECS

Both teams won their openers with flair. ECS spanked Briarcrest 42-28. St. Benedict beat the brakes off of  Kingsbury 29-0. One is par for the course. The other is an aberration. Which one do you believe?

Edited by kwc

Game 1: Collierville at Arlington

Home-field advantage will make the difference

Arlington by 7

Game 2: Brighton at Millington

Millington may finally be as good as they think

Millington by 3

Game 3: Central vs Mitchell at Whitehaven

Once again superior size and depth dooms the Tigers

Central by 10

Game 4: Germantown at CBHS

I'm betting on home cooking

CBHS by 3

Game 5: Manassas at Munford

Munford may be surprised by them North Memphis kids

Manassas by 2

Game 6: Ridgeway at Southwind

The Road Runners QB play will be the difference

Ridgeway by 13

Game 7: Trezevant at Southaven (MS)

The Purple Bears are on a mission to get back to Cookeville

Trezevant by 8

Game 8: White Station at Oakland

This will be a competitive game but I'll go with the team that doesn't have to drive 3 hours

Oakland by 14

Game 9: Wooddale at Craigmont

Pure toss up

Wooddale by 3

Game 10: ECS at St. Benedict

ECS by 3

BlackHavenSenator may I ask you what's your beef with Millington. Every comment you make toward the Trojans is cocky, sarcastic, arrogant or all the above. Why is that sir? Is it a personal grudge from way back that no one knows about or maybe a Whitehaven thing? Come to think of it kwc does the same thing. He's just a lot slicker at it, example: "Millington does it again serving notice to anybody who's paying attention."

So what is it about Millington that get under y'all's skin? Let's talk about it guys, open up, don't hold all that hate in. It's not healthy.

BlackHavenSenator may I ask you what's your beef with Millington. Every comment you make toward the Trojans is cocky, sarcastic, arrogant or all the above. Why is that sir? Is it a personal grudge from way back that no one knows about or maybe a Whitehaven thing? Come to think of it kwc does the same thing. He's just a lot slicker at it, example: "Millington does it again serving notice to anybody who's paying attention."

So what is it about Millington that get under y'all's skin? Let's talk about it guys, open up, don't hold all that hate in. It's not healthy.

Why I hate thee let me count they ways... First off Millington-Central is NOT that good of a Program, period. At one point there used to be a BUNCH of Millington fans that were commenting more than any other Shelby Metro school in the area on CoachT around '08-'10. Well the numerous times they wanted to bring up the 3 point playoff win in '07 over us baffled me. I HATED the Wing-T y'all ran... I hate the LACK of student-athletes y'all send to school like Memphis East under Wayne Randle. All that Talent but instead of holding the kids accountable and making the ones that need a kick in the butt because they're lazy, but not dumb seems like that program was just concerned about keeping guys eligible to play. What about their life after HS??? I hated the unearned cocky-ness that ALL Millington fans had at one time like yall ever played in the last game of the season... Yeah yall made it to the Semi-Finals before us but yall still had never reached the mountain top and Millington folks wanted to pretend that yall program was on par with Da Haven's. The Nerve! The fact that Gary Askew, a guy I played with (And practically convinced to play at Da Haven) beat us in the Playoffs never sat well with me but I knew his mother, who taught me at Da Haven. She was tired of having to stay at Whitehaven waiting on him to get done with practice when they lived out that way (Raleigh-Millington)  but still, he had to score the winning TD and have a career game SMH lol (Happy for him, hated it for Da Haven)?! Both years we were on our State Title Run we had Millington fans ACTIVELY Rooting against Da Haven and picking against us too, like we weren't easily the best team in the state West of the Tenn River. I got a whole lot of reasons to throw jabs and not enough apologizing in the world will stop me. Oh yeah I remember that one season Millington Fans had the big back #36 (Grensy or something) that they were trying to say he was on Par with our own Mark Dodson (Ole Miss), Wooddale's Jevon Robinson (Auburn, he's finally in for real) , Ridgeway's Jaylen Walton (Ole Miss) and East's Kimbrow (Vandy)... I was like that dude don't got nowhere NEAR those current SEC Backs talent!!! Not the least bit and folks were not giving in... I again was like the Audacity, like really, what film are they watching??? You guys, the majority of Millington Fans, were out and out Haters on Da Haven so with that being said I will continue until you guys actually get consistently good or until its no longer funny to ME... Hope you understand.  

LOLOL @ 'a lot slicker at it'.  ... :roflolk: