South Pittsburg Coaching

Ok, maybe just a stuid question being new to this board, but South Pitt went to the state finals last year, correct?  Was all this stuff this entire thread talks about identified last year, or was it ok because SP had a successful year?  Is this entire conversation only because SP had younger, or less talent available this one year than previous years?   Just odd how a team can make the State finals one year and everything is hunky dory, and then the next year SP 'preceived controllers' are ready to run their coach out of town.   Odd.

Your asking for trouble with some of this but I would love to see it. Isn't that what victor did with this hire? He hired a coach that was from sp and loved sp and understood the tradition? Keep on and y'all are gonna end up like mc did in the late nineties. A string of three or four hires that knew traditions and the system and our program ended up in shambles. To me it doesn't matter if the coach stays for three or four years, if he betters your program then it is a win win. Maybe if the coach resigns they can hire from the staff......

Old Pirate never suggested getting rid of anyone! The suggestion regarding coaching is acquire the services of 1 or 2 coaches/teachers that connect with elementary, little league, jr high and high school kids. This isn't a problem that has one head, Tim is a good coach

Ok, maybe just a stuid question being new to this board, but South Pitt went to the state finals last year, correct?  Was all this stuff this entire thread talks about identified last year, or was it ok because SP had a successful year?  Is this entire conversation only because SP had younger, or less talent available this one year than previous years?   Just odd how a team can make the State finals one year and everything is hunky dory, and then the next year SP 'preceived controllers' are ready to run their coach out of town.   Odd.

No. Not a stupid question.  I actually agree with some of what you've said.  I think, for me, I'm just a little scared that if the entire program doesn't get a shot in the arm it will indeed fall into disarray the way MC's did....TTP's words, not mine.  That shot in the arm might come from Tim and the current staff.  I don't really care who it comes from as long as it happens.

No. Not a stupid question. I actually agree with some of what you've said. I think, for me, I'm just a little scared that if the entire program doesn't get a shot in the arm it will indeed fall into disarray the way MC's did....TTP's words, not mine. That shot in the arm might come from Tim and the current staff. I don't really care who it comes from as long as it happens.

A little shot in the arm would be good by whatever means necessary.

Old Pirate never suggested getting rid of anyone! The suggestion regarding coaching is acquire the services of 1 or 2 coaches/teachers that connect with elementary, little league, jr high and high school kids. This isn't a problem that has one head, Tim is a good coach

Old Pirate I respect your insight and I agree with almost everything you are saying. Tim is a good guy, but not a good coach.

I've expressed this many times, times have changed. The old school way of teaching and coaching is gone. You can't treat them like the ways of old. Colquitt he is a good coach, he knows the game, but his time has also passed because he doesn't understand that the way we motivate our kids to do the right thing has changed dramatically.

And you again can thank your government, and their ways to tell everyone they are entitled now, they don't have to work for it. Your not allowed to get in their face and holler and scream, and cuss and carry on, you just can't do it. I have learned this over the course of almost 15 years of being a coach, an official, and as a parent. Things have changes, and we can ignore it all we want to, but these are facts.

I will give you an example of what I'm talking about as far as old school way of coaching. If Wes Stone was still on the sideline do you think for one minute if he pulled off a good play, he could be told to show no emotion? I think not. So if your a coach and can show no emotion, and players aren't allowed to show emotion, how does this work? I mean I just can't comprehend showing no emotion???

How can you tell a bunch of kids not to cheer on their teammates? I mean this past Friday night was the first game all season I have seen our boys excited or trying to motivate us to be excited all year.This is just one particular old school way of doing things and It doesn't and will not work.

Secondly...I agree momma's shouldn't be allowed to confront a coach, they should ask for an appointment with Coach Wilson, as they did today, and voice their concerns. But, why did this happen honestly? We both know there was one or two people who voiced there concerns this year, and unfortunately they was heard, and Wes ended up being railroaded out of a job. Again this should have been brought to Danny's attention, and maybe it was and I'm not aware of it, but it should never go to the school super. It should've been dealt with internally. Yeah you solved your personal issue with him, and got him gone, but did that really help? All it has done now is divide the community, because I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority, this should've never happened. 

All this did was open Pandora's box, and now you have everyone thinking they have a voice. Momma's voicing and confronting coaches? Yes momma's have a right to take up for their son, but it should be handled professionally and maturely. This is wrong and shouldn't happen, it doesn't matter if he is a good coach or a bad coach.

In closing I respect the fact you want to see some changes before the cancer grows and gets out of control. I am also extending an invitation, that if we need helping stopping this cancer I will be at the front of the line.

How can you tell a bunch of kids not to cheer on their teammates? I mean this past Friday night was the first game all season I have seen our boys excited or trying to motivate us to be excited all year.

Edited by TruthTellerToday

We sure don't want it to become a revolving door like other places in the valley have been lately. SP was the most consistent program for a long time. They might have lost some games, but the stability of the program was key during the good years.

Sp was a unique situation because of having don grider, then a little Wilson sprinkled in before Vic took over for his daddy. Hometown coaches don't come around that often to have 25-30 years of continuity. Maybe Stoney would come back and maybe he wouldn't, but I hear he is happy with the opportunity that his new job brings for his kids and to better their education and their spiritual lives. That means a lot to those who aren't just football minded.

Old Pirate is packing for a trip so OP will touch on a couple points. 1. Tim Moore is a good coach...No he is not an emotional guy like coach Vic. Tim has coached at a high level and been successful. OP ain't sure but perhaps 2 State Titles under his watch. Bad coaches don't have those, dad burnit most good coaches don't have those. Tim is a good man, he respects players, parents and the sensible fans! Comparing Tim to KC is crazy, totally different type coaches. Take Ken, he came to Jasvegas as a young man and had more interest than who showed up in high school. SP lacks that type coach, it doesn't have to be the head coach but someone who has a bigger agenda and valid interest in the program as a whole. Now, you said some went to Danny, how many have gone to the few ( as you put it) and voiced your concerns about the cancer that plagues the program. OP would bet the farm, not a nary one. Most fans have heard names mentioned regularly . So why has these people not been put in the place? Talk is most are outsiders that infiltrated the program and a couple who think.....they are somebody important. Again, this is deeper than the coach not being emotional, little Johnny not eating after the game because some disrespectful youngons actions reportedly trashed the charter bus so the bus came straight to the fieldhouse. Where is the respect from some of the youngons and where are the team leaders that should have put a #12 boot up the butts of the perpetrator or perpetrators? OP can't & sure don't speak for everyone but every parent, player, brother, sister, cousin, uncle or aunt needs to take a look in the mirror and ask themselves, What is the real issues here? It is it Tim, is it the staff, is it the fans, is it the administration, is it the cancer festering within, is it the disrespectful youth of today, how could I help correct it? Stay Safe everybody, Old Pirate is out!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate is packing for a trip so OP will touch on a couple points. 1. Tim Moore is a good coach...No he is not an emotional guy like coach Vic. Tim has coached at a high level and been successful. OP ain't sure but perhaps 2 State Titles under his watch. Bad coaches don't have those, dad burnit most good coaches don't have those. Tim is a good man, he respects players, parents and the sensible fans! Comparing Tim to KC is crazy, totally different type coaches. Take Ken, he came to Jasvegas as a young man and had more interest than who showed up in high school. SP lacks that type coach, it doesn't have to be the head coach but someone who has a bigger agenda and valid interest in the program as a whole. Now, you said some went to Danny, how many have gone to the few ( as you put it) and voiced your concerns about the cancer that plagues the program. OP would bet the farm, not a nary one. Most fans have heard names mentioned regularly . So why has these people not been put in the place? Talk is most are outsiders that infiltrated the program and a couple who think.....they are somebody important. Again, this is deeper than the coach not being emotional, little Johnny not eating after the game because some disrespectful youngons actions reportedly trashed the charter bus so the bus came straight to the fieldhouse. Where is the respect from some of the youngons and where are the team leaders that should have put a #12 boot up the butts of the perpetrator or perpetrators? OP can't & sure don't speak for everyone but every parent, player, brother, sister, cousin, uncle or aunt needs to take a look in the mirror and ask themselves, What is the real issues here? It is it Tim, is it the staff, is it the fans, is it the administration, is it the cancer festering within, is it the disrespectful youth of today, how could I help correct it? Stay Safe everybody, Old Pirate is out!

good thoughts

Old Pirate as I have said I respect your opinion, and you make a lot of sense. But maybe I should put it another way. Tim is not the right head coach for Sp. He has lost the respect of the players, parents, and the majority of the fans, and that is the facts.

You refer to past titles won by Tim. That is great that's wonderful. But KC won titles, and look at him now? Cant get it done and people hate him because he wont change with the times. I mean there just comes a time when you can't get it done.

All Coaches face it at one time or another. Unfortunately for Tim he isn't removed like college or pro coaches. When the majority lose respect for you...when then stands have less and less people in them, its time for a change.

We don't have the luxury of time at this point. So better to cut your losses now, and go a different direction.

Old Pirate as I have said I respect your opinion, and you make a lot of sense. But maybe I should put it another way. Tim is not the right head coach for Sp. He has lost the respect of the players, parents, and the majority of the fans, and that is the facts.

You refer to past titles won by Tim. That is great that's wonderful. But KC won titles, and look at him now? Cant get it done and people hate him because he wont change with the times. I mean there just comes a time when you can't get it done.

All Coaches face it at one time or another. Unfortunately for Tim he isn't removed like college or pro coaches. When the majority lose respect for you...when then stands have less and less people in them, its time for a change.

We don't have the luxury of time at this point. So better to cut your losses now, and go a different direction.

I read your earlier posts. The people you named probably will never coach at SP again. One left, one came back and one coach's golf. I don't know if any of those would even be interested in being the head coach at SP. There isn't an opening anyway so no need in talking about it. Last time I checked, Coach Moore was still the coach. Edited by TheAmbassador