Giles @ CPA_____Bring It

When did OC play Ensworth? It was my understanding that he entered into the agreement to play and then skipped town. And if you are who I have heard you are Shadowcat, then I would spend less time ranting about the coaches and more time teaching my child discipline since he has earned us numerous penalties but yet you don't want the coaches to discipline him. My rant is now over.

Yes, he played and beat Ensworth in 2006, his first year at Giles County. 

I am definitely not who you think I am then. I don't even have a child yet. I believe you are referring to the Langford kid, and I would agree that he made some boneheaded decisions against CPA. Funny you don't like me criticizing someone's football coaching abilities but you don't mind talking about someone's parenting skills. 

Dang. Since Walt is going to be our coach for a long time it looks like we have lost 3 fans. Efforts are underway to reduce our budget by $18.00. Times are tight but we'll just have to get by............... :rolleyes:

I never said I wouldn't be a fan if Walt was there. I stated my dislike for him and his abilities last season but I'm still attending games and rooting for my team. We just don't all wear gold tinted glasses like yourself  :popcorneater:

Very few things in life are certain. Like the fact that cream always rises to the top. Because of its richness and desire it takes quite some time for it to reach the top. Now turds also rise to the top. They do it much faster because their content is worthless. Always in these types of threads the turds arrive 1st. But by giving them time to dissolve and dissipate these turds eventually disappear on their own. We've got plenty of time to wait....

• Upvote 1

I'm right there with you. I do not like this coaching staff. It was pretty laughable when the announcer on television said that Smith was an offensive minded coach. I guess he hasn't watched many of our games.

I love the kids and will always support Giles County, part of me supporting them is realizing that they deserve a better coach than Walt Smith and letting my voice be heard. I have talked to numerous people that feel the same way about him, especially his playcalling. As far as I can remember we have only been mercy ruled twice in the last 9 seasons and those two games came under Smith. Smith has been mercy ruled in 2 of his last 4 games, and before you start playing the CPA card, OC played Lipscomb, who at the time was just as good if not better, and Ensworth.

Well I'm done with this rant. I think we still have a pretty good season in spite of poor coaching. We will drop the Ensworth game and probably the Marshall Co. game and make a run in the playoffs.

Your exactly correct.The kids and the talent are the ones suffering.OC took average players that transferred from Richland and made them in to all district/region,all state players.And replacing Ron Shirey with that Thorton guy?Really?They might have made it to Cookeville last year but what all went on the night before the game?Im sure a lot a parents hope they don't go back this year.Your right old man turds do float to the top every now and then but they get flushed everytime.

Yes, he played and beat Ensworth in 2006, his first year at Giles County.

I am definitely not who you think I am then. I don't even have a child yet. I believe you are referring to the Langford kid, and I would agree that he made some boneheaded decisions against CPA. Funny you don't like me criticizing someone's football coaching abilities but you don't mind talking about someone's parenting skills.

No I wasn't referring to Langford. And maybe when you have a child, you will realize that football is a lot more than wins and loses and state championship appearances. That is what drives me insane about athletics. Football teaches so much more. Does Walt yell? Yes. Does he always call the best play for a given situation? No. Does he care about the boys on that team? Yes. At the end of the day, is he a lot more concerned about making them into good men than anything else? Yes. Keep singing your OC praise song. His regard for his players lasted only as long as their ability to make him look good. And my point was that some parents want to criticize the coaching staff without looking at their child's role in the whole situation; they don't want their child being disciplined or reprimanded yet they are unwilling to make sure their child acts with decency or in such a manner as to be an asset versus a detriment to the team. But I am finding quickly that in the witch hunt that is Coach T, the only concern at the end of the day is the scoreboard. God forbid we focus on our children and their love of the game.

Edited by Bobkat9004

Man. One loss this year... To a aau team I might add.....coming off and state runner up season. Dang is this Texas. And bobcat 93 ready to fire Walt. And bring back a cheater and if I'm not mistaken left for greener pastures. It's a game people and Walt is a good coach. And a better man.

I never said anything about wanting him fired.I don't hate the guy.I just don't agree with his coaching.Its not my say so it's just my opinion and everybody is entitled to their own.Somebody said something about the special teams coach and I just said after three onside kick recoveries and two kickoffs run back for TDs maybe the head coach needed to address that issue since the special teams coach is obviously not doing the job.And I didn't say that I wanted OC back.(which I do)The previous coaching staff I was talking about was Coach Shirey and Coach Hickman.I feel that they gave more of advantage than the assistants they have now.

Dang...You people are killing me......we are so wired up to whats happened that we are losing focus on what is going to happen.  OC is gooooone,  He didn't want to be here for what ever reason.   Best thing about OC that Walt might gain from is that OC SQUEEZED everything thing he could out of every player on the team.  Just my opinion but Walt seems to lean on his "talent" a bit too much.

And another thing, KUDOS to the Holley kid, he absolutely slobber knocked that kid on the punt,  On TV you could hear that kids daddy screaming, "You can't hit helmet to helmet!"  While Jr. was looking for his helmet and his mouthpiece.

And one more thing....I got to consider it blasphemy for any Bobcat fan to say were probably gonna lose to marshall co. ............  Yeah, I liked Osteen too, right up to the point he snubbed us and and went and layed with our arch enemy.  If anyone wants to point fingers, don't let it be after the games to private and open zoned schools...let it be to the Marshall Co game.

We got a lot of football left to play.

Edited by likearock

Dang...You people are killing me......we are so wired up to whats happened that we are losing focus on what is going to happen.  OC is gooooone,  He didn't want to be here for what ever reason.   Best thing about OC that Walt might gain from is that OC SQUEEZED everything thing he could out of every player on the team.  Just my opinion but Walt seems to lean on his "talent" a bit too much.

And another thing, KUDOS to the Holley kid, he absolutely slobber knocked that kid on the punt,  On TV you could hear that kids daddy screaming, "You can't hit helmet to helmet!"  While Jr. was looking for his helmet and his mouthpiece.

And one more thing....I got to consider it blasphemy for any Bobcat fan to say were probably gonna lose to marshall co. ............  Yeah, I liked Osteen too, right up to the point he snubbed us and and went and layed with our arch enemy.  If anyone wants to point fingers, don't let it be after the games to private and open zoned schools...let it be to the Marshall Co game.

Agreed Rock, we have alot of unknown talent right now that will probably go unnoticed. I think Walt is our guy, with exception to the defensive coodinator Walt needs some good help. As far as the old coaching staff..they gone..good riddance.

Edited by Catfan68

No I wasn't referring to Langford. And maybe when you have a child, you will realize that football is a lot more than wins and loses and state championship appearances. That is what drives me insane about athletics. Football teaches so much more. Does Walt yell? Yes. Does he always call the best play for a given situation? No. Does he care about the boys on that team? Yes. At the end of the day, is he a lot more concerned about making them into good men than anything else? Yes. Keep singing your OC praise song. His regard for his players lasted only as long as their ability to make him look good. And my point was that some parents want to criticize the coaching staff without looking at their child's role in the whole situation; they don't want their child being disciplined or reprimanded yet they are unwilling to make sure their child acts with decency or in such a manner as to be an asset versus a detriment to the team. But I am finding quickly that in the witch hunt that is Coach T, the only concern at the end of the day is the scoreboard. God forbid we focus on our children and their love of the game.

I'm really confused about the double standard you have going on here. It's not okay for me to criticize a football coach (smith) but it's perfectly fine for you to do it (OC)? I can't talk about someone but you can? Okay, I think I understand now.

Well said Rock. Holley has really surprised me this year. He has a bright future ahead of him. 

On the Marshall Co. game, I get the blasphemy thing but I have to call them like I see them. I don't think we will have an answer for that offense, you remember that offense I'm sure and they have a lot of talent running it.