Giles @ CPA_____Bring It

CPA's starting 22 are very good, but they have to stay healthy as their bench is young and not very good. Last night against Hillwood the 1st teamers went up 35-0 in the 1st half, special teams with several younger guys gave up a kickoff return for a TD, and then 2nd team scored on the last play of the half, but the refs spotted the ball on the 6" line, or it would have been 42-7 at half.

2nd and 3rd teamers played from the end of the 2nd until the end and got outscored 21-7. Hillwood's team speed against CPA's bench was too much.

The GC game should be a good one. Home field will help a bit, and the weather will be a factor. CPA's offense is very balanced, and they need to be able to pass. They will not overpower anyone.

CPA is what BA use to be years ago and the school is gaining attention from athletes that would normally go to BA and some of the other privates. I think the pipeline there will be best ever the next 6 years.

CPA is not close to where BA once was in football years ago. When BA was on top of the state in football they had a huge size advantage.  Ensworth is probably a better description and  may be better than what BA once was in football except for the fact they have never had a great quarterback.  If Ensworth ever get's a true 4 or 5 star college prospect quarterback they could become one of the top five teams in the country on a regular basis. 

Edited by cbg

You misunderstood my point but I probably did not make one well. I meant in terms of the school and more parents looking at CPA as an option for the top student / athletes ( Christian ) in the area.. The culture at CPA feels more like BA did back in the day and some parents who would send their kid to BA are beginning to put CPA on the list more often as an option. I have multiple kids at BA . This year 2 of my best friends( all played college sports and all Christian ) sent their kids to a private school. One went to Ensworth and one to CPA . I pushed BA but stayed out of the decision. I know multiple families who are making that same decision now ( all athletic families and football players -- one played at Alabama) and CPA is in the mix.

I agree with you btw. I am sure it's just a matter of time before it happens

CPA is not close to where BA once was in football years ago. When BA was on top of the state in football they had a huge size advantage. Ensworth is probably a better description and may be better than what BA once was in football except for the fact they have never had a great quarterback. If Ensworth ever get's a true 4 or 5 star college quarterback they could become one of the top five teams in the country on a regular basis.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976