redrage invades lions country

cardfan

Nice win TCA! I guess I was off on my prediction. Sounds like it was indeed a dandy

Thanks TCNation. It was a dandy. It went to the wire. Praying for Harper and a speedy recovery. We all know he is a super talent and hate to see a fine player like him miss part of his Senior year. I know Trousdale misses him. Hopefully he will be back soon. Also prayers go out to Zach Martin from Adamsville. Hopefully he doesn't have an ACL injury. Hopefully just a sprain at worst. He's a really good DLineman and Olineman.

Proud of our kids for fight till the end ! Very clean game ! No huddle wore US out ! No excuses , just couldn't get it done against the human jug machine ! Zach is a a tough kid , he'll be back !

Good luck to TCA rest of way ! Really hope we see y'all again .

Thanks Redrage, you should be proud of your team for never giving up! Hope we meet again in Nov because it looks like we will be in different districts next year.

Only thing I can say is you guys won and made the plays. We didnt play enough defense and I think we scored too fast. Need to eat more of the clock.

Great win TCA you deserved it.

However, I do need to correct you on something. Your defense did give up 35 points. Eventhough they were kickoff returns it is credited officially to the defense. So now I have corrected you. I am glad that 7 you guys have will be graduating. Man what a talent.

Good luck and may we meet again this season

Awesome game last night. I think it definitely lived up to all the hype. A few random thoughts from last night... TCA's offense was impressive and unlike one of the previous posters, I am going to give their defense a lot of credit. Adamsville's offense had no rhythm in the second half, the TCA defense did a very nice job. Akin might be the best QB I have seen in this area in a long time. He makes great decisions, he's got excellent pocket presence and a very good arm. I did not like the Adamsville passing game again, I think we are geared to all or nothing. Lots of throws that look very forced in double and triple coverage and against good teams that's not going to pay off. The officials were very generous on the pass interference calls I thought, many of those balls were not even close to being catchable. There was a lot of talk about Adamsville having more depth but I thought in the 4th quarter that Adamsville was definitely the more gassed team. In my opinion, TCA was the much better team last night. Look forward to seeing both teams continue to improve as the year goes along. It would be interesting to see these 2 meet again.

Only thing I can say is you guys won and made the plays. We didnt play enough defense and I think we scored too fast. Need to eat more of the clock.

Great win TCA you deserved it.

However, I do need to correct you on something. Your defense did give up 35 points. Eventhough they were kickoff returns it is credited officially to the defense. So now I have corrected you. I am glad that 7 you guys have will be graduating. Man what a talent.

Good luck and may we meet again this season

I agree with you that technically kick offs do count BUT I was referring to our normal defense.  We only play about 3 of our normal defensive starters on kickoffs as I'm sure Aville does.  We try to keep our starters off the field and give them a breather and obviously it didn't work.  Same thing happened last year and our coaching staff scratched that idea and went with defensive starters and it solved the problem.  That is a fixable problem but giving up 375 yards rushing like we did last year is not as fixable and that's a huge concern for a coach.  This year we didn't do that and I feel much better about the defense.  You are right but if you are in our shoes you would probably feel pretty good about our defense considering where we came from.  Point well taken.

Official stats from last night: Aiken 25-30, 337 yards, 4 TD, 1 int, TCA rushing 138 yds, 19 rushes, 7.3 yds per carry.  TCA defense- 79 tackles, 4 Tackles for loss.  A key stat here is the 7.3 yards per rush.  That set the tone and kept Adamsville guessing and also opened up the air attack.  Stats for Aville were not in Jackson Sun today and has not been posted on ma xpreps yet.  I will be real curious how those look.

Once again, I'm so proud of our Oline and Dline for stepping up against a big, powerful front line of Adamsville.  I can't imagine seeing another line that big and strong.  St. Georges line was much more athletic but not nearly as big and strong.  TCA needs to heal up over the next 4 weeks and get some of our keys guys back as they get ready to make a run to Cookeville.

Edited by TCAIntense

So it's ok to call out kids by name and over glorify and embellish the truth, ok that will help them more than trying to motivate and or constructively criticize them.

I don't think recruiters check this site so let's call a spade a spade, "some" people aren't as billed. That is all.

Three things: you are a fool and I'm embarrassed for my home County to have someone like you posting on their behalf, second there hasn't been any over embellishing any player and third there is a big difference in demeaning a player(Bronzesmith) and constructively criticizing them. Goldsmith will be playing on Saturday somewhere. Now, tell me where you played on Saturday???? Junior Pro?

So it's ok to call out kids by name and over glorify and embellish the truth, ok that will help them more than trying to motivate and or constructively criticize them.

I don't think recruiters check this site so let's call a spade a spade, "some" people aren't as billed. That is all.

You know, this is the kind of junk that has no place on here! You embarrass all of us with your post trashing kids by name! I like to yank Reitz's chain every now and then but you will never hear us trash a kid! If this is how you support us then we don't need it! Goldsmith is a D1 calibur player who will play on Saturday's! I have talked with quite a few TCA players and each have shown respect when I did!