Week 2: Science Hill at David Crockett

BigDave1967

SH 41-14

The only way Crockett holds SH to 41 points is if the Topper starters are pulled after the 1st quarter. SH scored 35 before the half last week vs Elizabethton. And Elizabethton is ten times better than Crockett.

The Toppers scored 90 on the Pioneers last year. And this year's Topper team is better than last year's. Thinking Crockett holds them to 41 is ridiculous.

Edited by Aussie2TN

Crockett will be lucky to even move the ball, much less stop SH or Score against them. Science Hill put up 35 points on us (EHS) with over a minute or two remaining in the FIRST (1st) Quarter. No way has DC improved enough. 2012 they allowed 63, last year they allowed 90. This year could be 100 if SH so chose.

This could look like a Fulton game. I'm gonna go 70-7 at the Half.

Science Hill - 224

Davey Crock -14

Stacy is still trying to get noticed.

He could get "noticed" a whole lot quicker by playing competitively against good teams than by running up the score against hopelessly overmatched programs.  The only thing that stands out from last season are his losses to Brentwood Academy (45-0 at home) and giving up 64 points in a blowout loss to a middle-of-the-road Siegel team.  SH's "big wins", other than showing an atrocious lack of class, do nothing other than point out the current weakness of a historically proud district.   

I wasn't at the game last year but here's what I was told happened. 

1. Carter did not intentionally run up the score. Starters did not come back in after halftime. SH 2nd and 3rd string was just that much better than Crockett. SH also did not attempt a pass play after halftime. They simply ran the ball and unfortunately for Crockett, they couldn't even stop that.

2. Topper players were very angry after a social media page run by Crockett students tweeted a racial slur to a social media page run by SH students. You better believe something like that will fire a group of kids up.

1. Carter did not intentionally run up the score. Starters did not come back in after halftime. SH 2nd and 3rd string was just that much better than Crockett. SH also did not attempt a pass play after halftime. They simply ran the ball and unfortunately for Crockett, they couldn't even stop that.

2. Topper players were very angry after a social media page run by Crockett students tweeted a racial slur to a social media page run by SH students. You better believe something like that will fire a group of kids up.

Cool story bro.  Maybe I did jump to conclusions about a lack of SH sportsmanship based on that Crockett score last year.  Can you answer the following for me so that I can be sure:

1.  What was the score at halftime, before Carter put subs in the game in the second half?

2.  Do you have similar stories for last years football scores of 42-0. 56-10, 42-14 and 49-20?

3.  If so, do you have similar stories for the SH "victories" last year in boys BB of 94-55, 96-37, 95-57 and 98-38?

4.  Then maybe you can also tell me the stories behind the girls BB victories last year where they squeaked by their opponents with such scores as 71-28, 82-36, 82-34, 81-41, 84-28, 82-37 and 86-26?

5.  And finally, the story we are all waiting to hear is how those mean girls from Crockett  absolutely goaded your girls into whupping them 104-10 a couple of years ago.

I eagerly await your responses demonstrating the sportsmanship regularly exhibited by SH athletics.  You sir, must be proud.

Edited by RedRobin1

Cool story bro.  Maybe I did jump to conclusions about a lack of SH sportsmanship based on that Crockett score last year.  Can you answer the following for me so that I can be sure:

1.  What was the score at halftime, before Carter put subs in the game in the second half?

2.  Do you have similar stories for last years football scores of 42-0. 56-10, 42-14 and 49-20?

3.  If so, do you have similar stories for the SH "victories" last year in boys BB of 94-55, 96-37, 95-57 and 98-38?

4.  Then maybe you can also tell me the stories behind the girls BB victories last year where they squeaked by their opponents with such scores as 71-28, 82-36, 82-34, 81-41, 84-28, 82-37 and 86-26?

5.  And finally, the story we are all waiting to hear is how those mean girls from Crockett  absolutely goaded your girls into whupping them 104-10 a couple of years ago.

I eagerly await your responses demonstrating the sportsmanship regularly exhibited by SH athletics.  You sir, must be proud.

Let me guess, you're a Crockett fan? 

1. I don't really care what the score at the half was. Would you rather SH have played their 2nd and 3rd string the entire game? Would that have made the Pioneers feel better? That the Toppers thought they were so bad that they didn't even have to play their starters or could've removed them after say, the 1st quarter. 

2. What about DB, Elizabethton and West? You going to call them out for running up the score on Crockett too? 

Elizabethton won 52-0

DB won 61-7

West won 60-0

3. David Crockett boys basketball team scores from last year

Beat West Greene, 90-57

Beat Happy Valley, 71-47

Care to explain those scores? Gee, I guess those Pioneers just decided to run up the score on them, huh? Or here's a thought. Maybe they were just that much better than those two teams. Kind of like how SH is often that much better than a lot of teams they play.

4. The SH girls basketball team was one of the best in the state last year and had virtually no competition in the area, especially in their own conference. Was that their fault? You probably think so.

5. The Lady Toppers were the state runner-up that year, if I'm not mistaken. Crockett was probably one of the worst teams in the state. SH's fault? Of course it was! I'm sure it was also their fault Crockett won one game that season and was usually blown out by ALL their opponents.

I, sir, am very proud to be a former Topper. You, sir, must be very proud of that tweet from Crockett students last year before the game to the SH students/football team. A real classy bunch over there throwing out racial slurs at opponents. 

Edited by Aussie2TN
  • Upvote 1

EHS threw less than 6 completed passes that game. Ethan was pulled after the first and our 3rd and 4th string RBs were scoring by halftime. Sometimes its hard to not "run up a score" and EHS doesn't run the score up on teams. You'll see our #2 and #3's running the ball during the first quarter.

2. What about DB, Elizabethton and West? You going to call them out for running up the score on Crockett too? 

Elizabethton won 52-0

DB won 61-7

West won 60-0

EHS threw less than 6 completed passes that game. Ethan was pulled after the first and our 3rd and 4th string RBs were scoring by halftime. Sometimes its hard to not "run up a score" and EHS doesn't run the score up on teams. You'll see our #2 and #3's running the ball during the first quarter.

Elizabethton won 52-0

DB won 61-7

West won 60-0

That was the point. That teams like SH, Elizabethton, DB and West were/are just that much better than Crockett. Getting blown out by a team doesn't necessarily mean the score is being run up intentionally. It often means one team is just really good while the other is really bad.

There's really not much difference in a 52-0 win and a 90-21 win. A 52 point loss vs a 69 point loss at the end of the day really is not that much different. Both are embarrassing blowouts.

Edited by Aussie2TN