Clarksville Northwest @ Henry County

SEC1rules

To this day it remains probably the most exciting district game I remember since the new 10-AAA was formed. Also the best Springfield team I've seen us play in that time frame. Maybe our two teams will have an equally exciting curtain call this year.

i would LOVE to see another one like that.  If we play to that level again it will mean we have made tremendous strides

I would like to hear Mr. Farmer use the word "perpetude" again in a sentence tonight.  I bet no PA announcer has said that word over a loud speaker anywhere in history.

When I read this post, I thought "I've never heard of that word". So I looked it up in the on-line Merriam-Webster dictionary. They haven't heard of it either !!! How did he use it? I must have missed that one. LOL

I agree with SEC. I know NW isn't exactly known for its defense, but the execution was noticeably better tonight both in the passing game and on the O-line. Far fewer errors than we saw in the first two games. And how about Chase Henderson? This kid is on pace to have a whale of a year, even as he shares the load with 2 other backs. Had just over 125 yards and a score tonight on just 6 carries lol. Not sure of the exact numbers, but he's gotta be almost half way to 1,000 yards, and we're only 3 weeks in. 

Defense looked strong yet again, and we're really gonna need them to keep that up next week. 

I agree with SEC. I know NW isn't exactly known for its defense, but the execution was noticeably better tonight both in the passing game and on the O-line. Far fewer errors than we saw in the first two games. And how about Chase Henderson? This kid is on pace to have a whale of a year, even as he shares the load with 2 other backs. Had just over 125 yards and a score tonight on just 6 carries lol. Not sure of the exact numbers, but he's gotta be almost half way to 1,000 yards, and we're only 3 weeks in.

Defense looked strong yet again, and we're really gonna need them to keep that up next week.

Agree about Henderson. This kid is big & fast with the ball in his hand. If he got 15-20 carries a game....my goodness. The flip side of that is he's fresh in the 4th and absolutely punishes defenses late like he did last week against Beech.

There was not a lot of input from Northwest on this thread this week but I heard they were feeling confident coming to Hc. After their performance, does anyone know if this is an indication of a week 10AAA conference or was NW an exception? It seemed from the first play they were overwhelmed by the Patriots. There is some on NW that showed some talent but nothing clicked for rhem.

There was not a lot of input from Northwest on this thread this week but I heard they were feeling confident coming to Hc. After their performance, does anyone know if this is an indication of a week 10AAA conference or was NW an exception? It seemed from the first play they were overwhelmed by the Patriots. There is some on NW that showed some talent but nothing clicked for rhem.

NW looked improved from previous seasons but had played a very weak first 2 games. District 10aaa will be about like most years. HC, Rossview, Springfield all seem to be good. I'm not sure about the other teams but Northeast seems to be down.

NW looked improved from previous seasons but had played a very weak first 2 games. District 10AAA will be about like most years. HC, Rossview, Springfield all seem to be good. I'm not sure about the other teams but Northeast seems to be down.

I wish we could get some Clarksville input on these threads since the majority of the schools in our district are from that town.  This year's Clarksville Northeast Eagles is not as good as the teams from the Reeves-Maybin years.  They are large though.  They were bigger than the Jackets at most every position. It is nice for the Jackets to be mentioned in the same sentence as the Pats and Clarksville Rossview.  I see the top two teams in the district being the Pats and the Hawks with the Jackets and the Knights of Clarksville Kenwood fighting it out for third place.  I know that many of here talk about how weak our district is BUT I for one enjoy watching these games.