Big Games in Memphis - Week 2

kwc

Article in today's (Wednesday, September 3, 2014) Commercial Appeal about the young man at Central High School who has already verballed to Mississippi State. It's well written by John Varlas. The young man is going to major in engineering. THAT is wonderful to hear. He's also going to enroll in the spring ... another outstanding move. Coach Cruthfield is smiling ear to ear and I can't blame him one bit. Coach Crutchfield currently plays him in five (5) different positions ... QB, RB, WR, Corner, and Safety, depending upon the situation. You have to be Very talented AND Very smart for your coach to be able to trust in you enough to be able play you like that. If you get a chance, go read it.

Central High star Deddrick Thomas serious about his future, on and off field

This isn't the old Central of yesterday. Coach Crutchfield has talent and he know how to use it.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. ARLINGTON- I don't know Arlington played well last week with the freshman quarterback against Collierville. Bartlett next two games are tough Arlington and Millington.

2 ST GEORGES- GOOD TEAM COMING BACK

3 CENTRAL

4 SOUTHHAVEN

5 CVILLE

6 MILLINGTON - COULD IT BE THE PENALTYS AGAIN FOR CORDOVA? LAST YEAR HAD LIKE OVER 180 YARDS LAST YEAR MEETING

7 JACKSON NORTH SIDE

8 EAST

9 ECS

10 FACS

11 MANASSAS

12 MCKINLEY

13 RIDGEWAY

14 WHITEHAVEN- BUT WOULDN'T SUPRISE ME IF WHITE STATION WINS.

1. ARLINGTON- I don't know Arlington played well last week with the freshman quarterback against Collierville. Bartlett next two games are tough Arlington and Millington.

2 ST GEORGES- GOOD TEAM COMING BACK

3 CENTRAL

4 SOUTHHAVEN

5 CVILLE

6 MILLINGTON - COULD IT BE THE PENALTYS AGAIN FOR CORDOVA? LAST YEAR HAD LIKE OVER 180 YARDS LAST YEAR MEETING

7 JACKSON NORTH SIDE

8 EAST

9 ECS

10 FACS

11 MANASSAS

12 MCKINLEY

13 RIDGEWAY

14 WHITEHAVEN- BUT WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME IF WHITE STATION WINS.

It would surprise me... South Panola and Oakland handled them. If we're as good as I think we are we should win going away as well. It may be closer since White Station won't be intimidated like they may have been taking those trips but Da Haven should handle their business.  

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Kwc I couldn't figure out how to edit so if you could use my 2nd post I'd appreciate it. Game 11 is the only one that was changed. Thanks. Oh and how do you edit. My edit button is gone

The edit button goes away after your post has been on the site for more then 24 hours I do believe. If you submit a post and come back the next day and still saw the edit button on your comment; it just means that you've returned in less then 24 hours then when you were here. It took me a little while to figure that out myself, being the coacht junkie that I am.

Game 1: Arlington

Game 2: St. George's

Game 3: Central

Game 4: Southaven

Game 5: Collierville

Game 6: Millington

Game 7: JNS

Game 8: East

Game 9: ECS

Game 10: FACS

Game 11: Manassas

Game 12: MUS

Game 13: Ridgeway

Game 14: Whitehaven

The games above that are bold have been currently picked to win their games unanimously.

Edited by kwc

KWC, I picked Covington. I must be the only crazy one.

Dou, don't feel like the Lone Ranger. There was only one person to pick Lausanne to win. Only one person picked Gemantown to win. Only one person picked Bartlett to win. Only one person picked Melrose to win. And I think there was only one person to pick White Station to win. I may have missed one, but I think that's about it.

Edited by kwc