govs vs heritage

hardin valley wasnt that good at all i watched the whole game we pretty much gave it to them mo east wasnt as good either i just feel that our coaches are way in over there head

Govfan18,

I have to disagree. Hardin Valley was a very solid team last year and beat South Doyle, that should tell you all you need to know and they are 2-0 right now. Our defense played lights out for most of that game with the exception of a few big plays here and there which were very costly. The score was 26-7 but IMO the game was much closer than the score indicated. First of all they got a huge break from the refs early in the game which set up their first score. And later in the game we failed to punch it in on 4th down on the goal line, we crapped the bed on that one, there's no other way to put it. If the hawks hadn't got that huge break from the refs early in the game and we were able to punch it at the goal line the final score would have been 19-14. And that is without Joel Graham playing the whole 2nd half. I personally felt good about the improvements I saw from the defense friday night. And what makes it even better is we have this week and next week to try and fix some things before we play heritage. I am very confident that we will win that game. The boys know what's at stake in that game, nobody has to remind them.

Govfan18,

I have to disagree. Hardin Valley was a very solid team last year and beat South Doyle, that should tell you all you need to know and they are 2-0 right now. Our defense played lights out for most of that game with the exception of a few big plays here and there which were very costly. The score was 26-7 but IMO the game was much closer than the score indicated. First of all they got a huge break from the refs early in the game which set up their first score. And later in the game we failed to punch it in on 4th down on the goal line, we crapped the bed on that one, there's no other way to put it. If the hawks hadn't got that huge break from the refs early in the game and we were able to punch it at the goal line the final score would have been 19-14. And that is without Joel Graham playing the whole 2nd half. I personally felt good about the improvements I saw from the defense friday night. And what makes it even better is we have this week and next week to try and fix some things before we play heritage. I am very confident that we will win that game. The boys know what's at stake in that game, nobody has to remind them.

that was last yr there not thst good our defense made them look good we still lost shoukd be 3-0 but defense is a embarrasment to this point and offense could be better if we had a better offensive cordinator we need a run game in a bad way

that was last yr there not thst good our defense made them look good we still lost shoukd be 3-0 but defense is a embarrasment to this point and offense could be better if we had a better offensive cordinator we need a run game in a bad way

Huh? Our defense looked better. Are you smoking crack? We gave up 8 less points than we did in the last 2 games.... That's improvement... And we stopped them twice deep in our territory in the 2nd half. All of the teams we have played have been pretty good. Loudon very well may go undefeated and win their district, Hardin Valley will finish 3rd or 4th in ours, and Mo East will be in the 3rd or 4th place spot in their district. We have been up against good competition and have kept all of those games competitive. We are 0-3 but the good news is we did not play up to the level we were capable of playing in any of those games and we have left lots of points out on the field in those games. And we have 3 more winnable games coming up next. Chill out man. The season has just started. We still have 7 games. We will be fine.

Only way we will have a chance is if we change our defense and offensive playbook we gotta start playin some other guys put tipton graham nuchols and that love kid at reciever let michael bryant run the ball andvfor god sakes put some boys on defense that want to hit and use the speed instead of slouches get after teams instead of watching them run by u but we gotta change that defense scheme or its gonna get worse

govfan18 has got to be the most negative poster on here lol Never has anything good to say about the Govs lol

now dont be hating lol cant help it we have been a disappointnent since 07 sumthin gotta change. I have stuck it out for many years but im ready to be a winning team but its pretty obvious coaching has been a big part in losing they havent put us in good situations