govs vs heritage

A good coaching staff could win with WB's talent.

Exactly. That's what I keep trying to tell people but nobody wants to believe me. I have had a few posters on here "inform" me that the talent dried up and that's why meadows left. But what those people probably don't realize is that great senior class we had in 2007 only won 1 game when they were freshman.

If it ever happens i hope we hire a good coach im sure ridge is a good guy but idk if he can get it done as a head coach talent is there but since 09 coaches havent utilized it i like some of the staff but we really just need a fresh start at william blount there two coaches on that staff that i would keep. ridge was always a good assistant coach when my brother played at greenback that was back when bill satterfield was coach there always had great seasons then. Meadows was a great coach at wb i dnt see why he was forced out

We had a chance to get hammontree he interviewed for the job but no they hired david gregory instead. Now look heritage is on there way up and we keep going down i also wanna mention there several players at maryville right now that should be at william blount. We got some good young players malik love brother is gonna be very talented. Maybe in a few yrs we will be back to winning games

If it ever happens i hope we hire a good coach im sure ridge is a good guy but idk if he can get it done as a head coach talent is there but since 09 coaches havent utilized it i like some of the staff but we really just need a fresh start at william blount there two coaches on that staff that i would keep. ridge was always a good assistant coach when my brother played at greenback that was back when bill satterfield was coach there always had great seasons then. Meadows was a great coach at wb i dnt see why he was forced out

Meadows was not forced out at WB. You do know that he left to go to Catholic, right?

I'm curious though, which two coaches on staff right now would you keep?

A good coaching staff could win with WB's talent.

Who said you have  " talent " there ? A couple of decent athletes doesn't mean you have talent. WB has gotten so used to losing I'm not sure if Bill Belicheck would make winners out of them. Team expects to lose and they do. Opposite of Maryville who expects to win and they do. Ridge inherited a losing culture and it will take time to turn it around. 3 full seasons at least.

Meadows was not forced out at WB. You do know that he left to go to Catholic, right?

I'm curious though, which two coaches on staff right now would you keep?

i know some people pretty close to the program said he was forced out. Far as coaches who need to stay there actually 3 byron moore brad cochran and garner

Who said you have " talent " there ? A couple of decent athletes doesn't mean you have talent. WB has gotten so used to losing I'm not sure if Bill Belicheck would make winners out of them. Team expects to lose and they do. Opposite of Maryville who expects to win and they do. Ridge inherited a losing culture and it will take time to turn it around. 3 full seasons at least.

im pretty sure if we had maryville coach and staff we would go to state every year

Who said you have " talent " there ? A couple of decent athletes doesn't mean you have talent. WB has gotten so used to losing I'm not sure if Bill Belicheck would make winners out of them. Team expects to lose and they do. Opposite of Maryville who expects to win and they do. Ridge inherited a losing culture and it will take time to turn it around. 3 full seasons at least.

We always have pretty good talent at WB. I have seen us lose to more than a few teams that had less talent than we have. People really underestimate how much coaching has to do with the success of a team. If your team is well coached, well disciplined, fundamentally sound,and is running the right system for the athletes it has you can beat teams even if they are more talented. It also depends on if your coach utilizes your athletes the right way. That has been one of the main issues at WB. The coaches we have had have not done a good job of getting some of our athletes involved enough. Case and point..., our best running back has not gotten a single carry this year and our running game has been very mediocre as a result.