govs vs heritage

After watching this game on DVR... HVA has improved but let's face it, WB just isn't very good right now. I like the young kid at QB although the starter is a tough nugget. Defensively it look like guys were out of position once the play started. Is that coaching or are the kids just not coachable? WB looked physical early but that changed after a couple of scores. Just not sure if either of these teams are very good.

After watching this game on DVR... HVA has improved but let's face it, WB just isn't very good right now. I like the young kid at QB although the starter is a tough nugget. Defensively it look like guys were out of position once the play started. Is that coaching or are the kids just not coachable? WB looked physical early but that changed after a couple of scores. Just not sure if either of these teams are very good.

HVA is a good team. They had a winning record last year,they are undefeated as of right now,and they have a tough schedule. WB is running a new funky defense this year and they are still getting used to it but they have shown improvement on the defensive side of the ball every game so far. To only allow 6 points in the 2nd half and only allow 26 points total to a team like HVA is a good sign for WB. Trust me on that one... If we had played like we did in the loudon game we might have given up 50 or 60 in that game tonight. The defense tonight was a night and day difference to what it has been.

The only reason that they had a winning record last year is because they got to play WB twice...they missed the playoffs and got to roll Alnwick in a bowl game.

They were 5-5 in the regular season with really close losses to Catholic ( a team that made the semis) and Farragut. I would say they were a pretty good team.

Not sure what has happened to Bearden this year to get this bad. I sure feel for their fans because they are capable of so much better. Two years ago they put Maryville to the test and now they just look awful. Anyways Heritage did look good against Bearden and for them to keep moving the program forward a win against William Blount would sure come in handy right now. I personally think they will be more fired up then WB for that reason alone and I believe Heritage is going to turn in a 4-6 worksheet at the end of the season and have something good to build off of for next year. Just remember they have went from 0-10 and 1-9 and 4-6 would show the program is working itself back. 

Not sure what has happened to Bearden this year to get this bad. I sure feel for their fans because they are capable of so much better. Two years ago they put Maryville to the test and now they just look awful. Anyways Heritage did look good against Bearden and for them to keep moving the program forward a win against William Blount would sure come in handy right now. I personally think they will be more fired up then WB for that reason alone and I believe Heritage is going to turn in a 4-6 worksheet at the end of the season and have something good to build off of for next year. Just remember they have went from 0-10 and 1-9 and 4-6 would show the program is working itself back.

How do you figure that Heritage will be more fired up than WB?WB is 0-3 and they have to agonize over that for two long weeks. Not only that but this bye week gives us time to re-group and hopefully fix some of the issues we are having. WB will go into that game with losses to 3 quality teams and Heritage will prolly be cocky because they beat up on two cupcakes and everyone will be picking them to win the game. But WB has home field advantage, the 17 year streak, and they will be desperate for a win. I wouldn't be at all surprised if WB wins big. Like they did in '10 and '11 when the heritage folks were so confident they could beat us.

Govfan18,

We played 100 times better on defense tonight than we did in the first two games. We played physical and contained their run game really well for the most part. It would have been closer if they hadn't gotten that huge break from the refs in the first Qtr. Basically all of their scores came from big plays but other than that they weren't able to move the ball very well on us. And you have to remember that #11, our best offensive skill guy did not play in the 2nd half. Yes we lost but I would say there's positives to take away from this game. And we have 3 very winnable games coming up. Keep your head up, have faith my child lol.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Gov91 ?!?!?!?!!?!?

How do you figure that Heritage will be more fired up than WB?WB is 0-3 and they have to agonize over that for two long weeks. Not only that but this bye week gives us time to re-group and hopefully fix some of the issues we are having. WB will go into that game with losses to 3 quality teams and Heritage will prolly be cocky because they beat up on two cupcakes and everyone will be picking them to win the game. But WB has home field advantage, the 17 year streak, and they will be desperate for a win. I wouldn't be at all surprised if WB wins big. Like they did in '10 and '11 when the heritage folks were so confident they could beat us.

I'm sure it will be a good game just like last year. I'm not sure home field advantage means anything in that game unless there are some gopher holes in your field that only your players know about that Heritage might step in but other than that most fields I've been to were all a hundred yards long.