govs vs heritage

I think it is laughable that you are using the athletes that Maryville puts on the field to compare to those that the Govs trot out! Come on bro! Not even close!

Did I ever say that we have athletes as good as maryville? No.. But the talent gap between the athletes we have and the ones they have is not as much as you may think. My point is coaching is everything... If you have good athletes it won't matter if you have bad coaching. And WB has the misfortune of playing in a schedule full of talented teams with good coaching. We have good athletes but the coaching has been very mediocre at best. I keep trying to tell you that we aren't getting our athletes involved and you won't seem to buy it. Wide open receivers who never get the ball thrown to them do not show up in the stat sheet but they are a factor in games nonetheless. When you aren't making those plays you aren't getting all your athletes involved and doing what it takes to win. That's the kind of thing that has been costing WB games for years, I should know because I was at 99% of them. But you know more than me because you saw the hardin valley game on tv. :popcorneater:

Are you saying that great teams like Maryville don't make mistakes?? News flash! They do! However, they have better athletes and make less mistakes and the mistakes they do make they overcome with said athletic ability

Yes. But not nearly as much as other teams. WB threw 3 interceptions on consecutive drives in the 1st half of the mo east game in or near the red zone. Do you ever see that from Maryville? No! And I noticed that you didn't acknowledge my point. My point in bringing up maryville was that they are a very effective because they are a balanced team and the coaches get everyone involved. Edited by Governors91

Did I ever say that we have athletes as good as maryville? No.. But the talent gap between the athletes we have and the ones they have is not as much as you may think. My point is coaching is everything... If you have good athletes it won't matter if you have bad coaching. And WB has the misfortune of playing in a schedule full of talented teams with good coaching. We have good athletes but the coaching has been very mediocre at best. I keep trying to tell you that we aren't getting our athletes involved and you won't seem to buy it. Wide open receivers who never get the ball thrown to them do not show up in the stat sheet but they are a factor in games nonetheless. When you aren't making those plays you aren't getting all your athletes involved and doing what it takes to win. That's the kind of thing that has been costing WB games for years, I should know because I was at 99% of them. But you know more than me because you saw the hardin valley game on tv. :popcorneater:

You said it, not me! Keep the dream alive there 91! Maybe one day the "GREAT" Meadows will return and with his return the GOVS will return to the GREATNESS they once experienced! You know, back when they were considered one of the BIG DAWGS of East TN?? When they were 5-5 and 6-4 on the reg!

Yes. But not nearly as much as other teams. WB threw 3 interceptions on consecutive drives in the 1st half of the mo east game in or near the red zone. Do you ever see that from Maryville? No! And I noticed that you didn't acknowledge my point. My point in bringing up maryville was that they are a very effective because they are a balanced team and the coaches get everyone involved.

And they have better athletes than most teams! Acknowledge that one BIG DAWG!

Ugh. Too many imbeciles on here. Some of you guys just can't get with the program. Why is it so hard to understand that throwing into double or triple coverage instead of throwing to wide open receivers is a bad idea and has probably costed this team games? It just amazes me how some folks can't grasp such simple concepts.

And they have better athletes than most teams! Acknowledge that one BIG DAWG!

Did I ever say they didn't? You obviously have issues with reading comprehension. My point was good coaching is everything and that is something maryville obviously has. Back in '07 when WB had a coach we only lost to maryville by a point. Since then we have gotten beat by them by an average of 30 or more points every year. And you want to know what has changed at WB since then? Coaching! We were a winning team with good coaches and have been a losing team with bad ones. Do you understand pumpkin? Edited by Governors91

Ugh. Too many imbeciles on here. Some of you guys just can't get with the program. Why is it so hard to understand that throwing into double or triple coverage instead of throwing to wide open receivers is a bad idea and has probably costed this team games? It just amazes me how some folks can't grasp such simple concepts.

Why do you act like the Govs are the only ones to make mistakes in games? The winners also make mistakes that could make the score much worse than what the Govs have been beaten by. You act as if WB wins all these games if they cut down on two three mistakes here and there! Nothing could be further from the truth

Did I ever say they didn't? You obviously have issues with reading comprehension. My point was good coaching is everything and that is something maryville obviously has. Back in '07 when WB had a coach we only lost to maryville by a point. Since then we have gotten beat by them by an average of 30 or more points every year. And you want to know what has changed at WB since then? Coaching! We were a winning team with good coaches and have been a losing team with bad ones. Do you understand pumpkin?

Save your pet names for Uncle Scotty Meadows there cupcake! Cupcake is fitting for you and your Govs!

Go Heritage! Beat William Blount!

You said it, not me! Keep the dream alive there 91! Maybe one day the "GREAT" Meadows will return and with his return the GOVS will return to the GREATNESS they once experienced! You know, back when they were considered one of the BIG DAWGS of East TN?? When they were 5-5 and 6-4 on the reg!

i guess u forgott the 8-2 team that happen to be the best in school history. And we ended up losing to farragut by 1 point and maryville by 1 point and really actually won the maryville game but once again them rebels payed off the refs. Final record in 2007 was 9-3

Did I ever say they didn't? You obviously have issues with reading comprehension. My point was good coaching is everything and that is something maryville obviously has. Back in '07 when WB had a coach we only lost to maryville by a point. Since then we have gotten beat by them by an average of 30 or more points every year. 

Eye onlee got one moore qwestun 91.....Whut abowt all tha othur yeers when'st Meadows wuz att WB and Mairvul won bye a lott moore thain 1 point....???....... :popcorneater: