DB at Sevier Co.

tennesseestud2013

For years DB has had the whole team playing both ways , this year thats not the case for DB! With the young kids up and coming and proven what they where as 8th and 9th graders, the future is bright for DB . This year alone DB has changed alot of minds of what they thought they would be . Im not saying they will win it this year ,soon... maybe :)!! DB is now a 3rd an 4th quarter team compared to years passed when DB players where either wore down or always pulled by haltime. "So saying this is a down year for DB is incorrect , this is a better team than last year by along shot ". Mistakes have killed DB early in games , i think its age, but as the season has went on there has been less each game "alot have came from special teams"! This team will suprise some and as normal frustrate many but if they can limit the small mistakes as they have slowly and stay healthy, this young fast team will do very well this year and for the future ,these kids could go far with all the experience they are getting !

I expect Both Teams to be down this year!

Sevier County no longer has their legendary HC, so I can see 2-3 losses, and wont make it as far in the playoffs as they usually do!

and DB is never to be trusted in the playoffs!

Edited by kingindian33

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have seen both teams play - DB/Farragut and SC/ME

DB looks to be more balanced offensively than past seasons. Have their usual stable of good running backs but now seem much more capable passing the ball. Kicker is a real weapon too with a big leg. Defense looks solid with the exception of the secondary. Let's just say If the Farragut QB had been more on target I don't think the Tribe would have gotten that win.

SC is still running the no huddle spread offense but with a renewed emphasis on running the ball. Don't know if it's to give the defense a little more rest this year or if they just don't have the quick strike capabilities as previous teams. Outside of Matthews it looks like we are a little short on dynamic playmakers at the skill positions. Maybe getting Bailey back (the fastest player on the team) from his two game suspension will help with that some. As far as Deuce, he is a solid QB but to be honest he is no better looking to me then our previous QB's. Defense is running a new 3/4 scheme and looks to be improved but haven't faced an offense like DB will bring. Finally, we've got to eliminate the stupid mistakes or we will get hammered. Two blocked field goals and four personal foul penalties will get you beat against better competition.

Good summary SCBear.With both teams doing a fast-paced kind of offense,it could come down to depth and conditioning.Yes sir,penalties for sure can make a big difference as well as turnovers.If it's a clean game,you might need to replace some scoreboard lights after this one.I can't remember the  score of that one game we had a couple years back but this one might top 100 total.

Getting Bailey back will be a big help. But I think we got a couple more playmakers on the team. We had a couple bad drops against east. We start catching those and we will back to putting up big numbers. Anxious to see new defense against tough competition. Hope defense can hold DB some, but I expect a shootout. 40+ for each team