Notre Dame to help Grundy's Coach Brad Dees

volahol

I'm assuming everyone heard about the terrible fire Friday night in which Coach Dees and his wife and two young sons lost everything.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and encourage them to keep the faith.

I just got off the phone with Notre Dame's AD and he and the principal have agreed to donate 100% of Notre Dame's parking fees this Friday night to this family.  If you are going to the game, parking is $5 but if you can spare a 10 or 20, it all goes to the family.

I would like to call out everyone on Coach T, especially those in our district to encourage their team's ADs to do the same.  Even if they can't do 100% of the donations, if they could do 25 or 50%, I'm sure this family would be grateful.

It is fun to get on here and have fun and do a little friendly bantering with each other, but let's pay it forward and help this family out.

• Upvote 1

Hats off to Notre Dame!

Anyone who would like to help there is also a fundraiser at gofundme.com

http://www.gofundme.com/DeesHouseFire

And rest assured...we love $5 donations just as much as $100 and $200 on the GoFundMe site. Everything adds up. So all the CoachT family we need your help! Please consider donating. No donation is too small or too large. 

Kdos to Notre Dame for stepping up and helping a fellow coach and his family.  It reminds me of what Father Ryan and MBA did for Coach Bass last year when his house burned down and they put on a wrestling clinic and raised over $2,500 for Coach Bass who was the wrestling coach at MLK in Nashville.  There were instructors there from Clarksville High School and Cumberland University and other high schools all pitching in and helping their fellow man.

Good luck and I hope you raise a lot of money for the Dees family.

Prayers from Father Ryan and Nashville.

Edited by facenthecrowd