Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

tnchad1980

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• McMinn Co.
    • Oak Ridge

NuCat is not very smart I guess. Is he telling me that our running backs are blazing fast? Is he saying they are capable of breaking a long run every time they touch the ball? I'm just making an observation that they aren't that fast. I didn't say they weren't good...they're very good. The Bruce kid from South Doyle is good AND fast...he can break a long run on ANYBODY at ANY MOMENT! The Cottrell kid from West is the same way. I'm just saying that it would be nice to have that capability....UNLESS Hardy makes the transition completely. It would help our offense immensely....long drives in high school aren't that plentiful.

I concede that we don't have any backs that can take it to the house on any given play....You win.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that you don't have a back that can take it to the house suggests your backs are terrible -or- the blocking is terrible. We have had some very mediocre backs at WB manage to bust a 50,60,70,or even 80 yard td from time to time. Granted those plays are rare unless you have a player like cottrell or the kid from SD. But you should be seeing the occasional long TD run atleast.

The fact that you don't have a back that can take it to the house suggests your backs are terrible -or- the blocking is terrible. We have had some very mediocre backs at WB manage to bust a 50,60,70,or even 80 yard td from time to time. Granted those plays are rare unless you have a player like cottrell or the kid from SD. But you should be seeing the occasional long TD run atleast.

To the contrary our backs are very good, but not blazing fast. If Hardy starts getting more carries, he is VERY fast.

All 3 of our backs are very good and I would put all 3 of them up against any teams top 3 RB's barring a few obvious teams that I don't need to mention. We have only played 3 games.