Polk County at McMinn Central

AcrossTheMiddle

We play Carter the week before Loudon and that might be a good one. Carter graduated a pretty good group last year that went 9-2 in tough district 3, but they still have some talent on the team this year. I'm glad we get them both at home.

Both Carter and Loudon will be good matchups.  MCentral didn't wake up at Carter until the second half last year.  Loudon was one of MCentrals worst efforts last year.  

I want to get this Polk game behind us first.  They are always scary!

Both Carter and Loudon will be good matchups.  MCentral didn't wake up at Carter until the second half last year.  Loudon was one of MCentrals worst efforts last year.  

I want to get this Polk game behind us first.  They are always scary!

What do you think of this possible Region for McMinn Central?

3-3A

Brainerd

Chattanooga Christian

East Ridge

Grundy County

Howard

McMinn Central

Notre Dame

Red Bank

Sequatchie

Signal Mountain

I have a feeling Signal Mountain would be dominant in 3-3A.

There are some pretty good teams in all sports that Polk would see in 2A.

Of the two radio stations mentioned, definitely listen to WCPH 1220AM. You can even listen to the game live through them on your computer like logcabinman said. Billy Joe is somewhat of a Central homer at times, but the other guy on the FM station sounds like a high school kid and he almost hyperventilates.

Hi, Glory, I'm the play-by-play guy for 99.5 FM, WYGO.  I wanted to thank you for your feedback on our broadcast.  My partner Greg and I admittedly get a little excited sometimes, especially when Central is playing well, as they are this year.  It's easy to get caught up in the moment and become too much of a "fan" rather than an "announcer" if one isn't careful.  If that has been a distraction, we'll try to reign-in our enthusiam a bit in future broadcasts.  Thanks for the reminder.

And I agree with you about Billy Joe -- he's a good man, loves Central as much as anybody, and does a great job on WCPH. 

Again, thanks for the feedback.  Go Chargers!

Hi, Glory, I'm the play-by-play guy for 99.5 FM, WYGO.  I wanted to thank you for your feedback on our broadcast.  My partner Greg and I admittedly get a little excited sometimes, especially when Central is playing well, as they are this year.  It's easy to get caught up in the moment and become too much of a "fan" rather than an "announcer" if one isn't careful.  If that has been a distraction, we'll try to reign-in our enthusiam a bit in future broadcasts.  Thanks for the reminder.

And I agree with you about Billy Joe -- he's a good man, loves Central as much as anybody, and does a great job on WCPH. 

Again, thanks for the feedback.  Go Chargers!

Congrats on the great season so far! The Carter and Loudon games are going to be something else.

Congrats on the great season so far! The Carter and Loudon games are going to be something else.

Yes they are.  Looking forward to both of them!  But Polk County can't be overlooked tonight.  This is a better team than their record indicates.  If the guys are thinking ahead, it has all the makings of "trap" game...

Edited by mhl6493