McCallie School Blue Tornado @ Bowling Green, KY

Red Rebels

Nothing different this head versus last except the outcome . What team has 16 penalties ? Seriously

Blackman was flagged for 12 penalties for 125-plus yards, while Bowling Green was called for three penalties for 15 yards.

The box score in the paper says McCallie was flagged 16 times for 158 yards. Sounds like the home town refs did their best to steal the win, but that Kentucky team just wasn't up to the task. :roflolk:

McCallie has a first class program. They deserved to win the game Friday night. To clear up a few misconceptions. Coach Wallace doesn't control who officiates home games.. Coach Wallace doesn't make the rules that our officials go by. Do you really think he likes our officials giving guys like you fodder to talk about for years. He was probably the most pissed off person in the stadium. Last but not least, he was not the person responsible for canceling the Blackman game. It was an administrative decision. He's just a coach that last year had a very good football team that beat two very good football teams from Tennessee. No conspiracies, no shady deals, and no excuses! Good luck the rest of the season.

You know I understand your point but the two games I remember for penalties were a brentwood academy game 11for 95 yards and a whitehaven game 11 for 90 yards. Most games avg 4-6 penalties per side. Many games come in below 10 penalties ...

16 for 150 yards is so far out on the bell curve of norm that it's an outlier and should be investigated. I have heard McCallie filed a complaint and the gane is being reviewed by the Kentucky athletic association as it should be.

It's just fishy for a team that averages less than 5 penalties a game for 50 yards to all of a sudden make that many penalties

McCallie has a first class program. They deserved to win the game Friday night. To clear up a few misconceptions. Coach Wallace doesn't control who officiates home games.. Coach Wallace doesn't make the rules that our officials go by. Do you really think he likes our officials giving guys like you fodder to talk about for years. He was probably the most pissed off person in the stadium. Last but not least, he was not the person responsible for canceling the Blackman game. It was an administrative decision. He's just a coach that last year had a very good football team that beat two very good football teams from Tennessee. No conspiracies, no shady deals, and no excuses! Good luck the rest of the season.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Coach Wallace needs to get a better handle on his program then including the administration and everything related to this shady program.  News travels fast amongst squads playing interstate programs.  From what I'm hearing, not many will be heading to the southern part of the bluegrass state.  Trinity however, keeps everything on the honest side so good luck to that squad and hopefully BG will not blackball your entire state.

You know I understand your point but the two games I remember for penalties were a brentwood academy game 11for 95 yards and a whitehaven game 11 for 90 yards. Most games avg 4-6 penalties per side. Many games come in below 10 penalties ...

16 for 150 yards is so far out on the bell curve of norm that it's an outlier and should be investigated. I have heard McCallie filed a complaint and the gane is being reviewed by the Kentucky athletic association as it should be.

It's just fishy for a team that averages less than 5 penalties a game for 50 yards to all of a sudden make that many penalties

I agree with everything you said. It does look fishy, but why blame the team. If the officials screwed up, they should be fired. Period. I have always thought that some officials had a Barney Fife complex. Authority goes to their head. I just don't think it's fair to blame our team for the officials bad judgements. Edited by Biggie
  • Upvote 1

I agree with everything you said. It does look fishy, but why blame the team. If the officials screwed up, they should be fired. Period. I have always thought that some officials had a Barney Fife complex. Authority goes to their head. I just don't think it's fair to blame our team for the officials bad judgements.

Because its been happening for years.  Different officials, same home-cooking with the calls.  Same thing happened to Blackman last year.  Terrible, terrible calls.  If its the same team but different officials, then its the teams problem not the officials.  The coach/administration is making sure the 'right' officials are in place for out of state games.