Woods decommits from UT

BarneySox2007

lol!! In a coupe of years! I have been hearing that since 1998!! And they have not done anything but lose.

Lol yeah, 3 SEC championship game appearances lol. And many 10 win seasons. Nothing but losses, ok. I hate Florida and Alabama with a passion, but I can admit when they're great, on the rise, etc. Anyone who can't acknowledge what Butch is doing at Tennessee is simply a fool that shant be taken seriously.

Lol yeah, 3 SEC championship game appearances lol. And many 10 win seasons. Nothing but losses, ok. I hate Florida and Alabama with a passion, but I can admit when they're great, on the rise, etc. Anyone who can't acknowledge what Butch is doing at Tennessee is simply a fool that shant be taken seriously.

I'll be the first to admit that Butch Jones has this program going in the right direction, and I do expect to see more wins to follow. But come on man, they haven't collected those Ws just yet.

Remember, this isn't the SEC of the 90s or even the early 2000s. You can't just outrecruit or out-talent these SEC teams anymore, which is exactly what Philip Fulmer did during those years. Sure, you have to have repeated recruiting success, but more importantly, you need better coaching, you must develop players annually, and you've got to steal a win here and there, just to prove you can compete. IMO, Tennessee struggled to do that since 2004 (with an exception or two). We'll see if Butch Jones can change that. Let's just hope he doesn't wind up in Ann Arbor in a year. I would be surprised if that happened, but you never know.

In all honesty, if we're going to say that Jones is going to get it done (based on the results so far), shouldn't we say the same thing about Mark Stoops? Like I said, I'll believe it when the Ws start piling up.

Being a long term UT fan, I am used to the over zealous predictors and the anti-UT wannabes.

Like many programs, UT has reached football success that others are jealous of and has reached lows that are painful to the fans and folly for the jealous.

I am sure many programs wish they had as many jealous haters as UT has.

Now, about the current state of the UT program. It seems to me that the coaching has improved, the talent has improved, the fan support has improved and the winning success is yet to be seen.

I have seen no internal reason to doubt that the winning success is just a matter of time. That may scare some people.

Edited by Hubbard

This may be news to some people, but being a UT fan isn't one of the criteria for living in Tennessee. I can't speak for ranger, but I'm not a Vol hater; however, every fan base has their share of "bad fans", and I've been getting blasted for being an Ohio State alum/fan for as long as I can remember.

I agree it isn't, OSU. Ranger(Bladerunner) is a well known Vol hater though and has been consistently doing it since I have been on this board in 2009. I can understand disliking a team, but he takes it to extremes. I could understand if UT has been at the top of the mountain like Alabama fan has been the past 5 years, but UT has been at or near the bottom. Personally, I find it hard to hate a team that just hasn't been very good. That's why it's hard for me to hate Vandy for so long as a UT fan. But, the past few years they have had some success against us, but I don't see that lasting too long.

I agree it isn't, OSU. Ranger(Bladerunner) is a well known Vol hater though and has been consistently doing it since I have been on this board in 2009. I can understand disliking a team, but he takes it to extremes. I could understand if UT has been at the top of the mountain like Alabama fan has been the past 5 years, but UT has been at or near the bottom. Personally, I find it hard to hate a team that just hasn't been very good. That's why it's hard for me to hate Vandy for so long as a UT fan. But, the past few years they have had some success against us, but I don't see that lasting too long.

I guess I didn't realize that he's been beating that drum for so long. I might be able to understand that hate back in the 90s/early 2000s, but it's been awhile since UT has been relevant. On the flip side, Michigan has struggled since Lloyd Carr retired, and I hate those guys as much as ever. As a Buckeye fan, I'll probably always feel that way about the wolverines.

I'm like you though, I'll never understand all of the Vandy hate. So they just happened to beat UT a few times in recent years, big deal.