Week 6: William Blount at Lenoir City

BigDave1967

Well, from what I hear it has been the QB play probably more than anything. If the QB is a threat to pass the ball and be good at it then that will open up the run game. My daddy always told me a good RB are a dime a dozen.

Yea ok...

I told jake and the other Gov posters that we would be a much better team if fair started at RB. I said this before the season started.. And ppl said I was crazy. And guess what? I was proven to be right. Fair rushed for 4 tds in the Heritage game and 2 in the Jeff Co game. If you take away his offensive stats we would be 0-5 right now. Before he got on offense we couldn't get to 100 yards rushing in a game as a team. And we only had 1 rushing td on the year! And that was only a QB sneak on the goalline. Now we have a guy who has rushed for over 200 yards and multiple scores in each of his two games and ya'll want to talk about QB play? Unbelievable..

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea ok...

I told jake and the other Gov posters that we would be a much better team if fair started at RB. I said this before the season started.. And ppl said I was crazy. And guess what? I was proven to be right. Fair rushed for 4 tds in the Heritage game and 2 in the Jeff Co game. If you take away his offensive stats we would be 0-5 right now. Before he got on offense we couldn't get to 100 yards rushing in a game as a team. And we only had 1 rushing td on the year! And that was only a QB sneak on the goalline. Now we have a guy who has rushed for over 200 yards and multiple scores in each of his two games and ya'll want to talk about QB play? Unbelievable..

My brother I don't know. I am just going by what I have read on here. I have no clue what is going on @ WB. Obviously you know more than I do. I do tend to pay attention to what Jake says, though. He really seems to know the game.

Oh and SS...

You got it backwards.. Before Fair was on offense all we did was pass and we did it fairly well because we couldn't run the ball. Both of the QBs have seen action this year and both have made big plays as well as costly mistakes. Don't get me wrong our QB is doing pretty good but the biggest reason for our recent success is Devin Fair.

Oh and SS...

You got it backwards.. Before Fair was on offense all we did was pass and we did it fairly well because we couldn't run the ball. Both of the QBs have seen action this year and both have made big plays as well as costly mistakes. Don't get me wrong our QB is doing pretty good but the biggest reason for our recent success is Devin Fair.

Well, you are the one who has been at every game, so I believe you.

My brother I don't know. I am just going by what I have read on here. I have no clue what is going on @ WB. Obviously you know more than I do. I do tend to pay attention to what Jake says, though. He really seems to know the game.

Don't get me wrong. Our QB is doing very well, especially when you consider he is only a sophomore. But in my mind the biggest reason we have won these past two games is fair. To put it bluntly if he wasn't playing in the heritage game we would have gotten killed. The fact that he got that cast taken off and he was ready to go for the heritage game was absolutely huge for us. It was especially huge because he hadn't played up to that point and heritage wasn't expecting him. I will say that our team as a whole has been playing better, but you have to acknowledge how much fair has impacted our offense. In the jeff co game he had an 80+ yard td run. I don't think any of our other backs would have been able to bust that run regardless of how well the o-line was blocking. And they were blocking very well! After the game when they interviewed fair he gave credit to the line and said "that hole was big enough to drive a car through". But still.. He was able to go the distance with the help of the o-line. And I don't think any of our other RBs would have been able to do that. Edited by Governors91

Don't get me wrong. Our QB is doing very well, especially when you consider he is only a sophomore. But in my mind the biggest reason we have won these past two games is fair. To put it bluntly if he wasn't playing in the heritage game we would have gotten killed. The fact that he got that cast taken off and he was ready to go for the heritage game was absolutely huge for us. It was especially huge because he hadn't played up to that point and heritage wasn't expecting him. I will say that our team as a whole has been playing better, but you have to acknowledge how much fair has impacted our offense. In the jeff co game he had an 80+ yard td run. I don't think any of our other backs would have been able to bust that run regardless of how well the o-line was blocking. And they were blocking very well! After the game when they interviewed fair he gave credit to the line and said "that hole was big enough to drive a car through". But still.. He was able to go the distance with the help of the o-line. And I don't think any of our other RBs would have been able to do that.

Well dude, he sounds like a great back. To rush for 200 yards in both games is no small feat. I will be interested to see what he does against stiffer competition like West. I think y'all will beat LC frankly. But, you never know. That's why they play the games.

Well dude, he sounds like a great back. To rush for 200 yards in both games is no small feat. I will be interested to see what he does against stiffer competition like West. I think y'all will beat LC frankly. But, you never know. That's why they play the games.

Well of course it will be alot tougher, but he will definitely help out. I remember our first offensive series of the loudon game. It was 3rd and goal inside the 10 and our RB had nothing but open space in front of him but he got tripped up from behind and we had to settle for a fieldgoal. I remember thinking "man if fair was in just now that would have been a TD". And it probably would have been and instead of being down 7-3 we would have been tied 7-7 and maybe it would have been a different game. Edited by Governors91

Well of course it will be alot tougher, but he will definitely help out. I remember our first offensive series of the loudon game. It was 3rd and goal inside the 10 and our RB had nothing but open space in front of him but he got tripped up from behind and we had to settle for a fieldgoal. I remember thinking "man if fair was in just now that would have been a TD". And it probably would have been and instead of being down 7-3 we would have been tied 7-7 and maybe it would have been a different game.

True. You just never know. Does he have any highlights on youtube?