Campbell County @ The Ridge (OR)

SweetScience

did they ever get that troubled kid cleared from LC?

No sir, not yet. But his lawyer is working on it.

Knox attorney puts heat on Lenoir City HS over Woods transfer:  Attorney Greg Isaacs has sent a letter asking the principal of Lenoir City High School to send a letter to the TSSAA to restore eligibility for former UT commit Jaylond Woods to play football his senior year at Clinton High School or else possibly face a lawsuit.  In the letter, which is making the rounds on social media, Isaacs says Woods transferred from Lenoir City High School in April in order to live with his mother in Clinton for several reasons including safety.  The letter states that,  according to the TSSAA Bylaws, a transfer student is eligible to play when he or she changes residence from a guardian to either or both parents as long as the principal of the former school writes a letter saying the transfer was not for academic or disciplinary reasons.  Isaacs says Lenoir City Athletic Director Greg Boling wrote a letter in July to the TSSAA saying that while Woods didn't leave the school for athletic reasons, he was not in good academic standing and that he had disciplinary issues. The letter states that Woods had served a five-day out-of-school suspension prior to his withdrawal and was on a discipline contract that stated his next offense would result in him being place in alternative school.  The TSSAA interpreted the letter to mean that Woods had transferred for disciplinary reasons and ruled he was ineligible to play football at Clinton after transferring this spring.  Isaacs wrote that his office’s investigation into the matter determined that Woods’ academic file doesn't show that he was under any discipline at the time he transferred schools, and that he had no significant disciplinary issues during his entire time at LCHS.  Woods received a scholarship offer from Clemson, but turned it down to commit to the University of Tennessee for the 2015 season.  He has since de-committed.  Isaacs says Boling's July letter “contained a number of false and defamatory statements and representations that were written maliciously and/or with reckless disregard for the truth, with the intention of sabotaging this young man’s academic and athletic future.  Citing state law, Isaacs says the letter “constitutes libel, slander and defamation†and that Woods has suffered “significant harm to his professional and personal reputations, as well as monetary damage in the forms of loss of future earnings and scholarships.†Isaacs is asking the principal of Lenoir City High School to send a letter to the TSSAA to restore Woods' eligibility, or says that he will “not hesitate to exercise any and all remedies…including but not limited to pursuing a lawsuit against Lenoir City Schools and Athletic Director Greg Boling for defamation.†

Edited by 92Dragon

Wasn't really referring to you mav4. Everything you said about each kids talent level was spot on. I just think there's a difference in more athletic than athlete. To me an athlete can do about anything, any sport. You know? Honestly OR has more athletes than the rest of us combined. I guess I'll let it go, and get back to the game.

Its all in the coaching....

No sir, not yet. But his lawyer is working on it.

Knox attorney puts heat on Lenoir City HS over Woods transfer: Attorney Greg Isaacs has sent a letter asking the principal of Lenoir City High School to send a letter to the TSSAA to restore eligibility for former UT commit Jaylond Woods to play football his senior year at Clinton High School or else possibly face a lawsuit. In the letter, which is making the rounds on social media, Isaacs says Woods transferred from Lenoir City High School in April in order to live with his mother in Clinton for several reasons including safety. The letter states that, according to the TSSAA Bylaws, a transfer student is eligible to play when he or she changes residence from a guardian to either or both parents as long as the principal of the former school writes a letter saying the transfer was not for academic or disciplinary reasons. Isaacs says Lenoir City Athletic Director Greg Boling wrote a letter in July to the TSSAA saying that while Woods didn't leave the school for athletic reasons, he was not in good academic standing and that he had disciplinary issues. The letter states that Woods had served a five-day out-of-school suspension prior to his withdrawal and was on a discipline contract that stated his next offense would result in him being place in alternative school. The TSSAA interpreted the letter to mean that Woods had transferred for disciplinary reasons and ruled he was ineligible to play football at Clinton after transferring this spring. Isaacs wrote that his office’s investigation into the matter determined that Woods’ academic file doesn't show that he was under any discipline at the time he transferred schools, and that he had no significant disciplinary issues during his entire time at LCHS. Woods received a scholarship offer from Clemson, but turned it down to commit to the University of Tennessee for the 2015 season. He has since de-committed. Isaacs says Boling's July letter “contained a number of false and defamatory statements and representations that were written maliciously and/or with reckless disregard for the truth, with the intention of sabotaging this young man’s academic and athletic future. Citing state law, Isaacs says the letter “constitutes libel, slander and defamation†and that Woods has suffered “significant harm to his professional and personal reputations, as well as monetary damage in the forms of loss of future earnings and scholarships.†Isaacs is asking the principal of Lenoir City High School to send a letter to the TSSAA to restore Woods' eligibility, or says that he will “not hesitate to exercise any and all remedies…including but not limited to pursuing a lawsuit against Lenoir City Schools and Athletic Director Greg Boling for defamation.â€

So the attorney for Clinton.. Is now going to force Lenior City to put something in a letter . Something that they refused to do on their own..Wow

The AP poll has CC at #9 and OR at #12, therefore OR is the underdog!

OR will break the top 10 next week and CC will fall out of top 10. Then CC can claim to be the underdog again. They are in the top 10 now and their fans want to keep them as the underdog have a little faith in your team guys....lol

my position has changed since pre season lol.lol we may not be the team that I thought we would be by now ..Yes we can win this game but we have to catch a few breaks for it too happen .. CC has yet too play 4 qtrs. of football we have yet too play a whole game of good football we seem too come out strong and dominate first halfs and then fall apart second or maybe teams just adjust and we don't make in-game adjustments quick enough but either case no way we win this one if we don't put together a whole game . I think if we don't turn the ball over (interceptions) we can keep it close enough at the end we will have a chance..we can score on anybody but stoping them is another story. us getting back 3 key players this week will help with our defense but how quick they get up too game speed is still a Question.. eitherway looking forward to some good football because the onesided affairs are boreing too watch and I think this one will be a good one too watch....

WE ARE ALL IN.... RAWER RAWER FEAL THE CO CHAMP HEAT..