6-0 AC @ 3-2 Central

Mav4life

6-0 Anderson County @ 3-2 Central

Rankings according to M A X P R E P S, these have not been updated from Friday nights games:

National:

AC: 793               Central: 3321

State:

AC: 31                 Central: 94

5A:

AC: 8(AP#4)       Central: 20

Power Rankings:

AC: 125.83         Central: 114.57

Opponents Avg Ranking, National, State and class:

AC: 5510 – 147 – 31       

Central: 4603 – 125 – 29

Opponents Record:

AC: 13-22 (37%)

Central: 13-15 (46%)

Points Scored (avg.):

AC: 249 (42)       Central: 142 (28)

Points Allowed (avg.):

AC: 82 (14)         Central: 165 (33)

Highest Points scored:

AC: 64                 Central: 49

Highest Points allowed:

AC: 28                 Central: 71

Lowest Points Scored:

AC: 35                 Central: 7

Lowest Points allowed:

AC: 0                   Central: 14

AC and Central have 3 common opponents:

Vs. Campbell County:

AC won 35-14    Central lost 35-27 – AC+29

Vs. karns:

AC won 64-28    Central won 49-28 – AC+15

Vs. Powell:

AC won 42-7      Central won 28-14 – AC+21

Net result AC+65 Avg of AC+22

Head to Head:

Central leads series 8-7 with their last win against AC being in 2012 17-16.  Last years matchup was an offensive explosion as Matt Fox rushed for over 390 yards as AC defeated Central 60-38.  Coach Gillum is 4-1 vs. Central since becoming the head coach of AC.

The Power Rankings formula predicts AC to win x 9

AC is coming off a road win over the Powell Panthers 42-7 which moved the Mavericks to 6-0 for only the 3rd time in school history, if they can pull off the win on Thursday night it will mark the first ever 7-0 start for the Mavs.  Central is coming off a 71-7 loss to the Fulton Falcons, do not read too much into that loss because lets face it, its Fulton lol.  Central looks to be a team that has the capability to make big plays and played a very strong second half agains CC in what ended up being an 8 point loss.  I think the Mavericks defense is much improved over last years team so I do not foresee Central putting up the numbers they did last season.  I think the offense of AC will put up some huge rushing numbers once again with Fox leading the way:

AC: 35

Central: 13

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is definitely one the Mavs will have to take seriously as Central is for real. AC has a short week and Central will take advantage of any thing AC has shown. AC needs to focus and do what they do best; adjustments and let the offense do the damage. Defense needs to be lights out every play then the Mavs can win this one good otherwise it could get Ugly!

This is definitely one the Mavs will have to take seriously as Central is for real. AC has a short week and Central will take advantage of any thing AC has shown. AC needs to focus and do what they do best; adjustments and let the offense do the damage. Defense needs to be lights out every play then the Mavs can win this one good otherwise it could get Ugly!

Central has a short week too. I agree. If AC has a bad game, Central is dangerous enough to make them pay.

Central has a short week too. I agree. If AC has a bad game, Central is dangerous enough to make them pay.

Yea true short week LOL. But they realize they have to prepare but I am hoping we focus on Central rather then looking down the road. Central could slip up on us like I believe Powell did last year.

Edited by Seahawks2014

This is definitely one the Mavs will have to take seriously as Central is for real. AC has a short week and Central will take advantage of any thing AC has shown. AC needs to focus and do what they do best; adjustments and let the offense do the damage. Defense needs to be lights out every play then the Mavs can win this one good otherwise it could get Ugly!

This one only gets ugly for AC if the Norris Middle School team gets the nod and Central refuses to play!

This one only gets ugly for AC if the Norris Middle School team gets the nod and Central refuses to play!

Please explain Knoxvul.....how could Central refuse to play? And what would a middle school have to do with that decision? Obviously, something has happened that I am not aware of.....

Please explain Knoxvul.....how could Central refuse to play? And what would a middle school have to do with that decision? Obviously, something has happened that I am not aware of.....

Jake, very long story but Norris Middle School is located in AC. Allegedly they are bigger, faster, and stronger than their opponents and have allegedly hit kids so hard that they have hurt a few. These actions have led to many in their middle school league to refuse to play them. That is pretty much the jist of the situation. I am sure that their will be many to chime in with their opinions of the situation. I'm just going off of what I have read here.

Jake, very long story but Norris Middle School is located in AC. Allegedly they are bigger, faster, and stronger than their opponents and have allegedly hit kids so hard that they have hurt a few. These actions have led to many in their middle school league to refuse to play them. That is pretty much the jist of the situation. I am sure that their will be many to chime in with their opinions of the situation. I'm just going off of what I have read here.

Norris Middle could probably beat Powell