Week 6: Oakdale @ Oneida

crow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know.....I was never worried about the outcome.  I guess you could just say I was a bit puzzled by those "loud" miscues by a team that seems to pride itself in the quality of their football.  I heard #1 Lowe's (Oakdale) name all night long and it just seemed the boys were disinterested last night.  Maybe being off on the bye week gave us some rust and it will be sharper next week.  I know TL wasn't completely satisfied with his team last night either.  Like I said.....good lesson.

Kazanity

The fact that you all wasn't up by 50 at half time is killing you guys because that's usually the score of the oneida and oakdale game at the half. One of you mentioned the RW and OD score and said the boys assumed they could do the same. Well I think you guys did too. I think OD is better than any of you give them credit for although you guys are a lot better than them. OD was inside the 20 3 or 4 times and came away with nothing. You should be praising your players for manning up and not allowing the points. A flat team doesn't come away with all of those stops as well as some other 4th down stops that you all came up with. You guys had 1 turnover(that shouldn't have stood) and you all are acting like the boys just messed up all night. Come on guys. You guys will be district champs and it is very deserved. Great kids, coaches and community.

Edited by RudyWasOffsides

Rudy, I agree 100% that oakdale is very much improved. I knew going into last night Oakdale would be a much tougher version than previous years. I'm excited to see their progress and hope it continues. I also agree our defense did a pretty good job. Most teams move 20-20 with reasonable regularity on them but in a short field it changes a lot. I don't know the number for the season but it would be interesting to see the number of turn over on downs & FG attempts our opponents have inside our 20. I'm betting it would be a pretty big number.

As I said I'm not about hanging 50+ on a team just to do it but the fact is we did not play to our potential especially on offense. Look at the dropped passes we had, plays where players were confused or improperly lined up, and just overall lack of intensity. I can assure you if the result was the same & we played with fire & intensity I would be tickled to death. I'm not a bit upset with the result, I'm just saying the performance wasn't what it normally is. Nothing to do with oakdale, just not the same execution were used to seeing on Friday night, be it oakdale, rockwood, hampton or whoever.

Edited by crow

Rudy, I agree 100% that oakdale is very much improved. I knew going into last night Oakdale would be a much tougher version than previous years. I excited to see their progress and hope it continues. I also agree our defense did a pretty good job. Most teams move 20-20 with reasonable regularity on them but in a short field it changes a lot. I don't know the number for the season but it would be interesting to see the number of turn over on downs & FG attempts our opponents have inside our 20. I'm betting it would be a pretty big number.

As I said I'm not about hanging 50+ on a team just to do it but the fact is we did not play to our potential especially on offense. Look at the dropped passes we had, plays where players were confused or improperly lined up, and just overall lack of intensity. I can assure you if the result was the same & we played with fire & intensity I would be tickled to death. I'm not a bit upset with the result, I'm just saying the performance wasn't what it normally is. Nothing to do with oakdale, just not the same execution were used to seeing on Friday night, be it oakdale, rockwood, hampton

Very good post. For what it's worth I'll be pulling for you guys the rest of the way.

Rudy, I agree 100% that oakdale is very much improved. I knew going into last night Oakdale would be a much tougher version than previous years. I'm excited to see their progress and hope it continues. I also agree our defense did a pretty good job. Most teams move 20-20 with reasonable regularity on them but in a short field it changes a lot. I don't know the number for the season but it would be interesting to see the number of turn over on downs & FG attempts our opponents have inside our 20. I'm betting it would be a pretty big number.

As I said I'm not about hanging 50+ on a team just to do it but the fact is we did not play to our potential especially on offense. Look at the dropped passes we had, plays where players were confused or improperly lined up, and just overall lack of intensity. I can assure you if the result was the same & we played with fire & intensity I would be tickled to death. I'm not a bit upset with the result, I'm just saying the performance wasn't what it normally is. Nothing to do with oakdale, just not the same execution were used to seeing on Friday night, be it oakdale, rockwood, hampton or whoever.

crow you are alot like me,you know the potential and expect a high level of play from your team.

Don't get me wrong, I never like losing, but I'm not crazy about stumbling through a victory. Granted I'm glad we got a win but had we played like that at GB we woulda been watching a running clock the second half. Big win at GB followed by a week off then a much improved Oakdale on homecoming with a bunch of flag happy stripes made for an ugly mess. 

Most here know me, I rarely call out the officials but last night was terrible for both sides, calls that should have never been called and no calls that should have been on both teams. I don't want their job & I know they're human so mistakes will happen but that was ridiculous.

Not killing us Rudy.  The Head Ball Coach didn't appear too happy either.  I wasn't intending to dog the players, I could sense their frustration.  They know they could have played with more fire and intensity (as Crow stated).  The long time off disrupted our "flow" a little bit.  Now that we have returned to the lights I would say we'll get back in a football mindset.  We won with an uninspired performance....but we won.  And as Ric Flair says, "thats the bottom line"  Whoo!  Time to hunt some Bobcat Meat!

Kazalitity :thumb:

If we're able to score often TL & crew will stay on the gas to about 35 then slow it down & sub heavily. We've had a couple of running clock games but both were 47-0 & 47-7. In both every kid on the team played. No reason to keep the 1's in & keep the gas mashed. IMO it's just wrong to do, there's no honor in embarrassing a team just because you can, someday you will be in their shoes, injuries, and this years 2's will be next years 1's. Experience is a valuable asset especially in small schools where often the same 9, 10, or 11 play both sides.