Week 7: Anderson County at Knox Catholic

BigDave1967

Good! I might get over there then. I thought it was kinda odd for the Mo teams to do that but you never know.

Well. They are an hour and a half east of here, so the rain is going to hit them later than it will us. I looked it up there and the rain will still be there by 8 o' clock. Will stop for awhile, then be back by 10 o' clock there, so I can see why they may have decided upon that.

Our kickoff coverage is a huge concern, cant give Catholic a short field all night with the pooch kick and if it doesnt go into the endzone than there always seems to be a good return, we need to improve on that drastically. Also saw a lot of holes in the secondary again this week, we need good DB play if we want to slow down Catholic

Catholic's defensive front is playing much better this year. The only thing that stopped Fox from rushing for 600 yards last year was the fence surrounding the field. It was a remarkable performance to say the least. We are much more balanced on offense this season with a year under our belt in Coach Matthews system. Should be a great game. I hope everyone stays healthy coming into this matchup. It will be interesting to see how/where the crowd sits. AC has told us they're bringing a huge crowd. Better get there early!

I agree it is the weak link, it is also an unknown as well, due to not having to pass in any of our games we just have not seen it and us not throwing all season could very well come back and bite us.  Smith has a pretty good arm and has looked pretty good at times when we have thrown, but I agree this may just bite us.  Hopefully when needed he can surprise us, he has already been a nice surprise running the option, so maybe he will be a nice surprise in the throwing game....that's positive wishful thinking :)

Catholic's defensive front is playing much better this year. The only thing that stopped Fox from rushing for 600 yards last year was the fence surrounding the field. It was a remarkable performance to say the least. We are much more balanced on offense this season with a year under our belt in Coach Matthews system. Should be a great game. I hope everyone stays healthy coming into this matchup. It will be interesting to see how/where the crowd sits. AC has told us they're bringing a huge crowd. Better get there early!

I honestly don't see Fox getting 400 against Catholic this year, If the AC offense plays lights out then we may see the combo of Fox, Smith, Johnson and Ford approach the 400 yard mark, but I think that is only if we play well, I see AC having long drives in this one and eating a lot of the clock in a low scoring game.