Dyersburg at Milan October 17 2014

heatwave

Very true JJ about out team speed, and to see that defense and how quick they get to the ball...... great skill set and they are relatively young.  Many of them will be back next year, especially the Thomas kid who was the leading rusher last Friday night.   If you have seen Crockett Cty's offensive line ....there is one word WOW.... those holes they were creating against Dyersburg my old behind could have gotten at least one touchdown.  This is the difference in this years team and last years..... we were bigger, especially our offensive line however....... The Black and Gold is improving there was a noticeable difference this past Friday and this was noted against a quality opponent.  "Heatwave" I am not sure who you are referring to when you imply about the 'Beatdown' on the 17th., but I will be glad to escape with a victory.  All of us know never take any opponent lightly especially a hungry Bulldog team.  The name of the game is to stay focus and committed to achieving the district championship.  Yes, the Trojans did get side-tracked but how many times have we seen a team win during the regular season and if or when the rematch came around things were totally different. 

Very true JJ about out team speed, and to see that defense and how quick they get to the ball...... great skill set and they are relatively young. Many of them will be back next year, especially the Thomas kid who was the leading rusher last Friday night. If you have seen Crockett Cty's offensive line ....there is one word WOW.... those holes they were creating against Dyersburg my old behind could have gotten at least one touchdown. This is the difference in this years team and last years..... we were bigger, especially our offensive line however....... The Black and Gold is improving there was a noticeable difference this past Friday and this was noted against a quality opponent. "Heatwave" I am not sure who you are referring to when you imply about the 'Beatdown' on the 17th., but I will be glad to escape with a victory. All of us know never take any opponent lightly especially a hungry Bulldog team. The name of the game is to stay focus and committed to achieving the district championship. Yes, the Trojans did get side-tracked but how many times have we seen a team win during the regular season and if or when the rematch came around things were totally different.

They did open some huge holes but I think your team speed on defense was enough to minimize the gains for Crockett to an extent. I'm not going to lie, I left that game feeling as if Crockett was clearly the better team. But I also concede that you guys are good enough had you not had the turnovers, you were capable of pulling the upset. If you meet up with them again, I will be cheering for you guys.

BPM ..... THANKS we take on all supporters.  Yes, the turnovers were a contributing factor, but something I had heard earlier in related posts after the HS vs Crockett game  was a attribute to the great defense that Crockett put on the field.  The Cavaliers were hungrier on that night then we were.  Not saying we were not but their committment to making it happen was a priority.  Now if the opportunity should rise again it will be war, especially if we maintain control of the bal...... BPM base off your knowledable posts I think you are a man of sports and there is not truer saying then the one in basketball about "it's hard to beat a good team three times in one season".... ditto "beating a good team two times in football isn't an easy accomplishment either". 

BPM ..... THANKS we take on all supporters. Yes, the turnovers were a contributing factor, but something I had heard earlier in related posts after the HS vs Crockett game was a attribute to the great defense that Crockett put on the field. The Cavaliers were hungrier on that night then we were. Not saying we were not but their committment to making it happen was a priority. Now if the opportunity should rise again it will be war, especially if we maintain control of the bal...... BPM base off your knowledable posts I think you are a man of sports and there is not truer saying then the one in basketball about "it's hard to beat a good team three times in one season".... ditto "beating a good team two times in football isn't an easy accomplishment either".

:)

• Upvote 1

Wow! This should be a great game. On one side, a hungry Bulldog team with a record that is deceiving...on the other, a Trojan team that seems to be hitting its stride. If the Trojan mistakes continue, this one will be close, especially playing away from home. The Bulldogs have a very solid team. Dyersburg seems to play a lot more "bend" on defense this year. The line and LB's are fast and strong. I have to disagree with Slick 1 on a couple of points, though. #1-The secondary drives me nuts, but they don't give up much on deep stuff. On offense, the line might not be huge, but they are fast! The quadruple run threat is very strong. All three runners are stout. Factor in the QB, and you get 4 ballers that can eat up the yards. Speaking of the QB: he has been a defensive and special teams standout from 10th grade. I am really surprised they keep him on the field for pretty much every play of the game on O & D. Between him and #21, I am amazed that they can go 110% on both sides of the ball like they do. #2- I don't worry every time he drops back. 1, we don't throw enough to worry, but they make completions in clutch situations when we need them. And 2, that kid can run if things collapse. I think he had 110+ yards rushing at Haywood. If our line continues to dominate the trenches, the "train" will continue to roll. Again, this should be a great game. Good luck Bulldogs! But I'll be cheering for the Trojans!

TRJFan1 great assessment of my post, perhaps I speak from the stand point of always wanting more.  Now I did not realize the quarterback played as much however I did realized the others players did.  This was a very good point, and I value that information and maybe I won't cringe as bad Friday.  Just so you know I cringe a lot when Justin Worley goes back in the pocket to throw, especially when he is being chased by the other team defensive backs.... LOL.

I am one of those who always want more push push and push and more push.  Over the summer I would on occassion see players working out.  Now, all of us can see  their voluntarily coming to the gym lifting weights and putting in the off season effort, is paying off.  I realize the Bulldogs are hungry, and they are at home, but believe me the Trojans are wanting to finish the season 9-1 and hoping to make a deep run in the playoffs.  Both teams know what it takes and will bring their A games... on Friday.....  Welcome to the page TRJFan my first time seeing you here, glad to have you represent The Black and Gold.

Edited by slick1

Dyersburg is a running team they had 319 yards in the first half against Bartlett Friday night.

Dyersburg had a total of 471 yards against Bartlett.

Dyersburg use four backs Friday night  against Bartlett.

Shahid Nelson and Jonathan Thomas was most impressive to me. 

And the other two backs were very good to.

Shahid Nelson had 218 yards rushing, Jonathan Thomas had 122 yards rushing and Ladarius Rogan had 85 yards rushing.

Dyersburg O LINE and  D LINE were very impressive Friday  night against Bartlett.

I can tell they have been putting in the work.

The Trojans will be to much for the Bulldogs Friday night ! ! ! ! ! !

Running all over the Field and running all over Milan ! ! ! ! ! !

Dyersburg 35 Milan 14 ! ! ! ! ! !

Go Trojans ! ! ! ! ! !

It is what it is ! ! ! ! ! !

Edited by heatwave

You wish  ! ! ! ! ! ! !

4 times Champion and you can't hold a candle  to me BIGPURPLEMACHINE ! ! ! ! ! !

13 STRONG AS SCHOOL ! ! ! ! ! !

YOU CAN'T THIS ! ! ! ! ! !

If you don't have nothing nice to say to me don't  say any thing at all ! ! ! ! ! !

heat...Betty Ford called...your weekend pass is up....