Week 7: Oneida @ Oliver Springs

crow

In '90 Webb beat us like a drum in round 2. '89 we lost to DCA in the semi's 14-12, you may be thinking of that game. Oneida has only faced Trousdale 3 times, 1992, 1997 and 2008 all 3 semi games (Trousdale leads 2-1 in that series) and all 3 times the winner won the gold ball. 

You should really check out the link I put up there, it's got it broke down by year with scores and what round, it's just a click away. I think you'd really enjoy the website, I toot our own horn a little, I've seen a lot of HS websites and that one is about as cool as any. We're really proud of it, give it a look if you get time.

Oneida and GB have had alot of good playoff games.GB is 4-3 against them.Looks like that playoff rivalry will be happening again next yr.Should be fun.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a link to the playoff section of our website (the website is also in my signature line on here). 2013 is not listed so I added it to the numbers below.

http://oneidafootball.com/tradition/playoffs

Since 1969 Oneida has made the playoffs 31 times with 31 1st round (obviously I also counted 1st round bye as 1st round), 2nd round 25 times, quarterfinals 10, semifinals 8 and only 1 trip to the finals (but at least it was successful and we beat a private school  :mrgreen: ) in 1992.

Check out the website, it's pretty cool, I will warn you though it does have sound on the home page just in case you look at it in a situation that would be frowned upon. May wanna turn the volume off first  :oops: Got a bunch of cool stuff with some good history and pictures. The kickoff timer is off though, says 2 hours until kickoff for the Oakdale game, need to contact the web guy for an update I guess.

Y'all ought to bring back those 1992 helmets.

I guess this post i made is a little harsh.I will apologize to the Bobcat faithful and anyone else offended.It was not thought a out and it has turned a football thread into why does OnB hate us so much.One thing about me i usually am honest in opinions whether good or bad.If GB plays bad i say they play bad if good so on.I AM A GB FAN.There are some other teams i have GREAT respect for they know who they are.I didnt like the comments a couple yrs ago when we went to OS with the twin sister of our kicker now,and she filled in for him and OS made the comment they were coming after her.We were up by about 40 and they did just that and sbe was hit after the whistle(not very classy).Although if their on the field and in pads their fair game.Not so after the whistle!So i do have reasons right or wrong but the are my reasons.Good luck to both and hope both stay healthy.Roll tribe Roll!

we know o&b gb has never lost to a better team they just always play bad when they loose. I guess they have played bad a lot in the playoffs the last few years. Sounds a little childish to me. I have respect for the gb program even when they do beat us. Coalfield obviously played bad at home last year with the loss during the season but I don't recall any coalfield posters saying so and degrading gb football program. And as far as the gb incident at the scrimmage I recall a clean play where a coalfield player tackled a gb player a good yard or two in bounds and the two slid into the fence from the impact . Next thing I remember are 3 to 4 fans(grown men) coming onto the field through the gate towards the coalfield players in a threatening manner. I could not hear what the coaching staff said from across the field but looked to me that they got between the aggressive gb fans(that were on the field) and their teenage players. Oh well just my two cents worth. I don't think the chs program will loose any sleep over your disrespect for them anyway.

I will say this, I don't know O&B personally. I will say that he usually tells it like it is. I don't recall ever reading a post that was jaded toward a particular school or especially an individual player. One thing people should keep in mind is you can't read tone of voice on a message board. I Read a lot of post that I don't agree with but I realize just like me, people are free to say whatever they wish. I am not from Coalfield but I wouldn't have taken offense to anything O&B said. He seems to have lots of respect for a lot of programs.

Hey guys, I'm looking for the Oneiad / OS thread, anyone seen it around lately? I looked at the sign on the door when I came in & thought this was it but I just keep finding the OnB / Coalfield love fest. :roflol::bored::popcorneater:

My apologies crow.Theres blood in the water!I will pick back up with you next week.I will be more politically correct:)

Everybody! :lol:

Seriously, that's tough to say until the picture clears up a little. Obviously GCA is the elephant in the room but Hampton, Rockwood, Marion Co., Trousdale are just a few on the list anyone in the quad will have to deal with. Wouldn't overlook Boyd either. It'll be easier to draw a bead on it in a couple more weeks.

Edited by crow