Week 7: Oneida @ Oliver Springs

crow

Rock On, Pujo.  I didn't peg you for a lawyer or PI.....?  Definitely not a country singer on par with Crow.  Hard to hide in that KC Jacket. :huh:

Kaz

Glad you fellers cleared this up, I better get out of the Lawyer business. Lost my 1st case. I'm retired.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just hold on to that title of well respected football associate on the T.  Your usually very insightful and loads of fun (just ask Wendy), and not prone to hide out with that KC Gear that practically blares....!  All in all.....Crow and I think your good company for football.

:thumb:  Kazally :thumb:

Everyone says it's that they start a bunch of freshman, which is true. I do know that after they lost to Oakdale the wheels started coming off. Had players quit and kicked off the team. Just things like that. I'm not sure what's going on but don't be fooled. They still have some good ball players.

What you said is true. I have only been to 2 or 3 games, including the first one that they won.  The offense looked okay, but the defense is not good, and I don't understand what the problem is.  I'm looking forward to the comments and opinions after the game this Friday. 

I have heard some attitudes are bad, but that may or may not be true.  Again, I'm not in the loop, and only one person told me that comment.  Also, I've heard there is someone who wants the coaching job.  I do feel bad for the current coach, and hope he can turn it around, especially if he is just having one bad year.  There is definitely some negativity.  I'm trying to be careful not to just repeat some random rumor.  Oh, and yes, there are some good upperclassmen players.  I'd like to see how well they do if their defense performs the way it should.

OZ use to be just power football. I get the part of adjusting the play calls to the team you have but, when you abandon what has built your program then you are headed down a slippery slope. These kids are tough and full of grit. I would love to see them in some good old fashion 2 tight ends and power I formation and say "stop it if you can". Throwing it all over the yard is sexy and all but sometimes you gotta dance with the one who brought you to the dance. Of course this is just an opinion from an old fashion kind of guy. I am not the coach of the Bobcats, I would say he knows his team better than anyone. That's why we are here typing and he is ( hopefully) trying to figure out a way not to get scalped by the Injuns.

OZ use to be just power football. I get the part of adjusting the play calls to the team you have but, when you abandon what has built your program then you are headed down a slippery slope. These kids are tough and full of grit. I would love to see them in some good old fashion 2 tight ends and power I formation and say "stop it if you can". Throwing it all over the yard is sexy and all but sometimes you gotta dance with the one who brought you to the dance. Of course this is just an opinion from an old fashion kind of guy. I am not the coach of the Bobcats, I would say he knows his team better than anyone. That's why we are here typing and he is ( hopefully) trying to figure out a way not to get scalped by the Injuns.

You said it well.  When my son played (2001, 2002) they just kept moving the ball slowly down the field until they were finally in the end zone  lol.  And then when the other team had the ball, they stopped them in their tracks. People just flat couldn't score on them (well, not much anyway), not that we scored a lot either, but a little can win a game if the other team is zero.  Pretty sure we beat Rockwood once 3 - 0, and the next year 7 -6.  That's why I keep harping on needing a good defense, bc that's what won games for us back then.  Did I mention we beat Alcoa 30 -0, my favorite of all.  OS was 2A then, and we did go to the 3rd round of the play-offs. We were the smallest team in 2A and did very well.  Ok, sorry about the trip down memory lane.  I have also heard that some of the coaching staff may leave next year....not fired, just their own choice.

Edited by cwp76

Everyone says it's that they start a bunch of freshman, which is true. I do know that after they lost to Oakdale the wheels started coming off. Had players quit and kicked off the team. Just things like that. I'm not sure what's going on but don't be fooled. They still have some good ball players.

The Tribe wins big. I don't know whats going on over at OZ but it can't be good. I know coach Bracket is as firey as they come maybe the kids aint buying in where are all the Jr and Sr kids why are they not playing?

The Tribe wins big. I don't know whats going on over at OZ but it can't be good. I know coach Bracket is as firey as they come maybe the kids aint buying in where are all the Jr and Sr kids why are they not playing?

they dont have any discipline whenever they get down they end up tryin to fight instead of get better i think brackets lost this team and hes not gonna get them back they need fresh blood down there in os otherwise its not gonna improve because with the teams they play they should be at the very least competitive

Here's a link to the playoff section of our website (the website is also in my signature line on here). 2013 is not listed so I added it to the numbers below.

http://oneidafootball.com/tradition/playoffs

Since 1969 Oneida has made the playoffs 31 times with 31 1st round (obviously I also counted 1st round bye as 1st round), 2nd round 25 times, quarterfinals 10, semifinals 8 and only 1 trip to the finals (but at least it was successful and we beat a private school  :mrgreen: ) in 1992.

Check out the website, it's pretty cool, I will warn you though it does have sound on the home page just in case you look at it in a situation that would be frowned upon. May wanna turn the volume off first  :oops: Got a bunch of cool stuff with some good history and pictures. The kickoff timer is off though, says 2 hours until kickoff for the Oakdale game, need to contact the web guy for an update I guess.

Nice web site. Why doesnt Oneida play Scott Co?

Edited by gator10