Week 7:Harriman at Greenback

BigDave1967

This coaching staff needs to take a look at themselves. I'm sorry week in and week out teams run the same play over and over and we have yet to stop it. We have one of the best backs in 1A and we have him lined up at slot and not in the backfield. Hello !!!!!!!!!!!!   What is the problem here. Greenback people can get mad but the 2 unsportsmanlike penalties were the right call. I'm sorry but its the truth. #17 was lucky he wasn't ejected in the second quarter. He was throwing punches several times and didn't get called. I am a Greenback fan born and breed but don't disrespect the CHEROKEES by running your mouth because they run the ball down your throat and you cant do anything to stop them. Again I know that this will make some people mad at me but that's the way I see it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know we won...just barely...but we can't keep playing like we have the last 3 out of 4 games.  I know OnB knows what I think, but I wish I could put it on here without getting a warning.  I'll have to say this about tonight, why in the world did we have #1 lined up at slot on 3rd and 3(3 and out) and not in the back field on the series before Harriman's go ahead scoring series that followed there after making it 17-14.  I'm getting tired of beating my head against a wall so to speak week in and week out.  An if we play like we have these last 3 of 4 games next week against Grace(even though their down a tick), Grace is going to take us out behind the wood shed.

I would think Hicks has been saving #1 for the game this week. You don't want your horse to come up lame down the stretch. I fully expect a heavy dose of #1 this week, and I think our team feels the same way. Should be a good game.

Ahhh...Greenback week.  My favorite time of the year.

You need to lay off your coach about the gameplan. (at least for one more week)  If he has a number of good running backs, it is better to keep them all fresh by playing them all.  A good idea would be to move all his sophomore, junior, and senior running backs to defensive line and play only the freshmen in the backfield.  

Not a slam post but if what you have posted on here is true, GCA wins by three touchdowns easy.  If Harriman can run it down your throats, we will have some fun on the ground.  We are much bigger, stronger, and faster than Harriman.

By the way, if your OC is making such bad calls why doesn't your coach replace him?  I don't hear anyone calling for the coach to do that.  

Someone made the comment that this is an unselfish team(me),well unselfish players dont cost the team in numerous unsportsmanlike infractions.We need to get a grip on this team before it costs us a game.This is a really good team when they play hard and act like Cherokees lets keep that in mind.I will not take nothing from Harriman they came to play,i have a hard time believing this team lost to RCWD and WHS.HHS could be a really good team.I was impressed with their line.One last thing if they are saving Anderson for GCA then they better turn him loose alot earlier because he has had alot of pressure on him lately.WTD!

That would be hard to do...the HC is the OC.

Uh oh...............<crickets chirping>...............<looking down at ground shuffling feet>..............<uncomfortable silence>.................<owl hooting in the distance>....................<almost embarassed for the GB folks>..............

If that is true I would appreciate the opportunity to change my prediction.

GCA - 49

GB - 3