DB vs TN High

kingindian33

He is a good young QB.It's funny, someone ask me the other day if I thought our 9th grade could play against the Central varsity. I said I like to see them take over at the half and find out.

Oh they definitely could.

It was good to get some of the young guys some varsity experience tonight and rest some of our starters, especially with several of them injured and needing it. The field conditions at Sullivan Central were almost as bad as their team.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did tonight's game taste like Cap?

It's never hard to swallow a good old fashion @22 whoopin. But just as I said in my post... we have no chance of running the ball down DB's throat with no threat of a pass as we did our last two opponents. The Indians had 10 men in the box with the FS looking more like he was playing middle linebacker most of the night. But we still tried to force the ball off tackle time after time! 

Edited by Cap1

One game at a time my friends...

Now where's Cap at let's hear the complaining bout those zebras

Lol just kiddin Cap, gotta rub it in a little

ROLL TRIBE

I think the DB fans did enough complaining for us all. They booed EVERY call against the Indians as if their team was inculpable as if they would never commit a penalty!  :roflol: It was comical to watch. 

OGW your gonna have to get more confidence in your team so you don't have to wait till they win a game before you come out to play.  :huh:

Unfortunately that won't be the case.  The Indians won't be able to put all their players in the box when they face Science Hill or it will get ugly.  Indians absolutely shut down the Viking running game tonight.  A little over 100 yards rushing tonight.  THS is terribly one-dimensional, but they lucked out with two of their passes.

Agreed. What the heck did the work on all week!!! It certainly wasn't a balanced attach. The "play caller" only tried to balance it out in the 4th quarter and only after his plan to force the run had miserably failed for three quarters. 

Well hummm did mcgue go back to 9th ..because as i seen in the highlights mcgue scored several in the air ;)

McGue (still injured) played the 1st half. Really had no choice as the backup is out as is the 3rd string QB. He played a total of 2-3 series, threw two touchdowns then sat the rest of the game. Freshman, Jaylen Adams, played the 2nd half and had a nice throw for a touchdown as well as a nice td run.

Edited by Aussie2TN

I think the DB fans did enough complaining for us all. They booed EVERY call against the Indians as if their team was inculpable as if they would never commit a penalty!  :roflol: It was comical to watch. 

OGW your gonna have to get more confidence in your team so you don't have to wait till they win a game before you come out to play.  :huh:

Yeah your right, been on the bench too long

Tell ya what to make you feel better Cap I am going to predict a Viking win next week

Im quite happy with the way DBs d backs are stepping up looks as if they have switched some players around and it seems as if they are playing/watching the ball better as i watched every pass tonight..few of those interceptions were tough ! I just hope they can continue in this path !

Edited by kingindian33

Im happy for any kid that age that is out on the field ! I hope he stays dedicated cause uall could have a good kid for the next 3 years !!

McGue (still injured) played the 1st half. Really had no choice as the backup is out as is the 3rd string QB. He played a total of 2-3 series, threw two touchdowns then sat the rest of the game. Freshman, Jaylen Adams, played the 2nd half and had a nice throw for a touchdown as well as a nice td run.

I don't know why they do that. DB must lead the conference in number of penalties and yards. I think tonight was their best game of the year with only 6 penalties for 70 yards. But two of those were personal fouls. There might be a bad call or two here and there but most are legit. I think its become a DB tradition. Three fumbles tonight also. If they could cut out all the mistakes they would be a pretty good football team. Wishful thinking at this point in the season.

Im quite happy with the way DBs d backs are stepping up looks as if they have switched some players around and it seems as if they are playing/watching the ball better as i watched every pass tonight..few of those interceptions were tough ! I just hope they can continue in this path !

Hard to tell from tonight's game. Tennessee High is not a very good passing team and they still threw two TD's on DB. I think Daniel Boone gave DB a better game. Terrible game plan by TH tonight. I know DB changed some things around with the secondary but your not going to know if they have improved any until the SH game.