The Best Team in 4A

SPLO

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not Fulton's fault that their schedule is so bad......but it is. They haven't played one decent team all year and won't until they play Catholic. I think Catholic will win, but it should be a close game. The winner of that game is the 4A Champion.

Schedules are done 2 years at time, when Knox County helped Fulton scheduled those games Powell, Farragut and from a competitive stand point Bearden where pretty good. You can't control your district games. I said this earlier in another thread but Fulton's practices are probably more competitive. You can't teach size or speed. I'm sure it'll be exciting when or if these teams meet up. Right now there's a lot of hype because these teams are undefeated but if Catholic losses to either Webb or Alcoa, I'm sure the hype will die down.

Schedules are done 2 years at time, when Knox County helped Fulton scheduled those games Powell, Farragut and from a competitive stand point Bearden where pretty good. You can't control your district games. I said this earlier in another thread but Fulton's practices are probably more competitive. You can't teach size or speed. I'm sure it'll be exciting when or if these teams meet up. Right now there's a lot of hype because these teams are undefeated but if Catholic losses to either Webb or Alcoa, I'm sure the hype will die down.

Ageed .. I was looking forward to playing 3 -6A and1-5A team the last 2 years .. just happened that Farragut, Bearden and Powell have hit hard times .. I know that the coaches at Farragut and Bearden have commented that they have lost more good players to West Knox private schools .. IMO .. the public teams out West Knox will never recover .. as far as Catholic vs Fulton .. both have to get by a pretty good team .. before that .. no doubt .. Catholic will be a more tested team .. just hope our guys adjust if things dont start good cause its gonna be an adjustment playing team with very good talent, good coaching and a good system ..

Ageed .. I was looking forward to playing 3 -6A and1-5A team the last 2 years .. just happened that Farragut, Bearden and Powell have hit hard times .. I know that the coaches at Farragut and Bearden have commented that they have lost more good players to West Knox private schools .. IMO .. the public teams out West Knox will never recover .. as far as Catholic vs Fulton .. both have to get by a pretty good team .. before that .. no doubt .. Catholic will be a more tested team .. just hope our guys adjust if thingy dont start good cause its gonna be an adjustment playing team with very good talent, good coaching and a good system ..

I'm curious as to which players they lost? We do have a transfer from Farragut. He said he left because a kid pulled a knife on him at school, and I'm not sure who the Bearden zoned kids are. It can't be Jordan Anderson. His dad has been coaching at Catholic for 8 years. Tony Scott went to Bearden Middle but he was zoned for Hardin Valley and his dad has coached basketball at Catholic for 12 years. I coached in CYF for years and we did have Bearden zoned kids on our team but they all went to Bearden. Edited by QSouth89