Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

I have no idea, also the DC was wearing his SD gear and not Powell's so he could have very well been there to watch , just odd that he would be there with all the other stuff going on, I have no idea if any of it will work out that way but once you her something in the rumor mill and then hear it over and over from people working in the profession you start thinking there maybe some truth to it,

You can believe what you want, but if the job is his he doesn't know it.

And why would the administration continue the charade of interviewing the other 3 if the decision has been made?  Can you answer that using reason and logic?  

No, i'm not the only one who has contacts, but I've got some pretty solid contacts on this one.  

There are lots of rumors out there, even among coaches.  Very few "rumors" end up being more than just that.  

In any event, it's my belief that everybody will know by Friday.  

HTV can you shed some light here....L.A. Headdrick?

Why would the OC at Farragut leave to be the DC at SD , he his well liked at Farragut and is in good position to be the next coach at farragut

Good to see some Farragut posters on here. We are few and far between, as of late. Seeing Rusty's name on the list of candidates surprised me because the HTV guy said he talked to him and he was happy at Farragut and that he would not be a candidate. I am guessing he is one of the finalist, not sure though. 

It is interesting that someone brought up Partin leaving to replace the DC at South Doyle, if that DC at SD were to get the Powell job. Partin was at Powell before he came Farragut the first time and was the DC with Coach Clark Duncan, so I guess I could see that making sense. 

I would think he is the shoo-in at Farragut when Coach Courtney decides to retire, so not sure why he would want to leave that situation. WIth that said, David Sweetland did leave Farragut for more money teaching, but a far lesser role on their football staff, and I think he was certainly the "Head Coach in Waiting."

So, I guess you never know in the world of high school coaching and athletics what coaches are thinking sometimes, but I am sure that they choose what is best for their families and what is best for themselves professionally , THOSE are what is most important. 

HTV can you shed some light here....L.A. Headdrick?

Good to see some Farragut posters on here. We are few and far between, as of late. Seeing Rusty's name on the list of candidates surprised me because the HTV guy said he talked to him and he was happy at Farragut and that he would not be a candidate. I am guessing he is one of the finalist, not sure though. 

It is interesting that someone brought up Partin leaving to replace the DC at South Doyle, if that DC at SD were to get the Powell job. Partin was at Powell before he came Farragut the first time and was the DC with Coach Clark Duncan, so I guess I could see that making sense. 

I would think he is the shoo-in at Farragut when Coach Courtney decides to retire, so not sure why he would want to leave that situation. WIth that said, David Sweetland did leave Farragut for more money teaching, but a far lesser role on their football staff, and I think he was certainly the "Head Coach in Waiting."

So, I guess you never know in the world of high school coaching and athletics what coaches are thinking sometimes, but I am sure that they choose what is best for their families and what is best for themselves professionally , THOSE are what is most important. 

First of all, as I have said before I am not naming names to protect the interests of the guys who don't get the job.  It's not fair to them, in my opinion.  The only reason I have talked about one particular candidate is because he told me himself that everybody at South-Doyle knows that he is a candidate and he's fine with folks knowing that he is a candidate for this job.  The others haven't given me that indication, so I won't "out" anybody.  

Admiral Dude - won't comment one way or the other, except to say that sometimes things change.  Coaches, just like folks in any other profession, are always looking at options and opportunities that may present themselves.  Having options is a good thing.   

This thread is turning out like the Gruden to UT threads used to be over on VN!! If someone uses the word "smokescreen" and/or "book it" in a reply, or my personal favorite: "He was wearing an orange tie!!!"...I would most definitely fall on the floor laughing! (Seeing as how it is a high school job and not college, the whole private jet landing at Mcghee Tyson cannot be used...but I dunno, maybe they can get a private helicopter flying from SD to Powell and landing on the football field. lol This is just like any other coaching search, no one will know until it is announced. And just like other coaching searches, there will be all kinds of "insiders" that know people who know people who know people that have inside info. The fact is, only the candidates and the administration over at Powell know who they are. It sounds like they are doing this the right way and taking their time to be sure to find a good one this time around.

First of all, as I have said before I am not naming names to protect the interests of the guys who don't get the job.  It's not fair to them, in my opinion.  The only reason I have talked about one particular candidate is because he told me himself that everybody at South-Doyle knows that he is a candidate and he's fine with folks knowing that he is a candidate for this job.  The others haven't given me that indication, so I won't "out" anybody.  

Admiral Dude - won't comment one way or the other, except to say that sometimes things change.  Coaches, just like folks in any other profession, are always looking at options and opportunities that may present themselves.  Having options is a good thing.   

Geez man get your little panties out of a wad!! I wasn't asking you to "out" him....I already know he is because you aren't the only one that has so called sources.....just wondering if you could give some info on him....he was on Lowes staff at Powell too but I haven't heard much about him other than that....so what would be appealing about him is my question?

Geez man get your little panties out of a wad!! I wasn't asking you to "out" him....I already know he is because you aren't the only one that has so called sources.....just wondering if you could give some info on him....he was on Lowes staff at Powell too but I haven't heard much about him other than that....so what would be appealing about him is my question?

Panties in a wad? In what way?  I'm simply staying consistent on what I have said from the beginning here.  Where did I say he wasn't in the mix?  All I have said is that I am not naming names.  Is that really difficult to understand?  

And I believe you are mistaken on Headrick being on Matt Lowe's staff at Powell.    Matt's staff at Powell was pretty consistent, and Headrick's name is one that I simply don't remember from any of Matt's Powell staffs.  

Edited by HTV

Panties in a wad? In what way?  I'm simply staying consistent on what I have said from the beginning here.  Where did I say he wasn't in the mix?  All I have said is that I am not naming names.  Is that really difficult to understand?  

And I believe you are mistaken on Headrick being on Matt Lowe's staff at Powell.    Matt's staff at Powell was pretty consistent, and Headrick's name is one that I simply don't remember from any of Matt's Powell staff

so heres a question for you....I only ask you because I know that you are a great source for information on local coaches being in the radio business......where has he coached? I really haven't ever heard about him before & I usually hear names of head coaches & top assistants....does he have a local tie? Has he been a head coach before? 

I have heard that Russ Partin is probably the front runner being a Powell alum, but if headdrick is from there then maybe he has a true shot too.

I am not trying to belittle you or scold you for any reason, just simply stating what I read on here. In fact, I think it is admirable that you do not disclose names and/or potential candidates. I think it was irresponsible for the KNS to name the three candidates like they did, for reasons that you have continually stated. 

As another poster said, we will know when the administration officially announces something.