Goodpasture

Indian

Posted by cp1205:

Which paper did you get that quote from on Buggs rushing for 200 yards? Just wondering. As far as GP not being able to compete against BA, ask BA's coaches. If you look at the stats from the game GP outgained BA, but made 2 errors that cost them the game. I saw the game and I think GP can compete with any of the larger schools in DIV II.

[Edited by cp1205 on 11-12-02 4:34P]

CP1205, the reason that Goodpasture outgained Brentwood Academy probably lies in the fact that the Eagles were ahead 17-0 at halftime and played more relaxed coverage in the second half. Also, when you're down 24-0 and score with 12 seconds left to avoid the shutout, you're probably more than 2 errors away from victory.

Still, I have immense respect for the Goodpasture program, and I am pulling for them and Fairview in 2A!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GP is actually in Madison, but I wouldn't exactly call Madison suburbia. It is on the north side of the city, so anyone driving up from Chattanooga will have to endure some traffic. I would encourage you to exit onto Ellington Parkway and go north until you reach the traffic light at Due West Ave. Take a left, and the school is on your left.

As a GP fan, while I appreciate their enthusiasm, I respectfully disagree with some of the earlier posters. They are a top 4 team in the state for Class 2A but BA handed us our hat. It's just that simple. I really don't see any 2A teams that could play with most teams in the large classification. Remember Tyner lost pretty bad to Baylor as well and I really couldn't answer for Sweetwater or Milan.

As for the 2A battle it should be fun. I always love watching Tyner play. It's just enjoyable. I'm really tempted to go down and watch the Tyner vs Lipscomb game this week because there really isn't a better place in 2A to watch a football game. That catfish smell will make you hungry the entire game.

Anyway this last four weeks is what it's all about. I wish everyone luck if my Ram guys are out there drop me a line.

WesVols, thanks for your comments. I was at the game and on the sidelines and I have to disagree with your statement about the relaxed coverage. BA did not pull anything back the entire game and had their starters in at the end when GP scored. Most of BA's offensive yardage was on 3 plays. I would not say that the errors GP committed could have changed the game, but it would have been much more of a game without them. The reason I made the orginal comments was to answer the statement that GP cannot compete with schools in larger classifications. Again thanks for your thoughts. It is sad the teams will not be playing each other next year.

Goodpasture is a very good team. But, to say they will beat Tyner by 3+ TD's is crazy. I have seen both teams up close. Tyner, overall, has much more talent top to bottom. Goodpasture is more disciplined and aggressive. This should be a very good ball game. Tyner should beat Lipscomb soundly and make the trip to Madison. We need to let these young men end the argument over who is better on the field rather than a website.

Guest bmj10219

man u cana say whatever u want.i mean dont me mad bc we beat the ###### out of u guys.and if u think im short then think that or u can just come and see me after the game next year.and i never acted or doact like and cocky or better then anyone,thats why i try to get on here and tell people about patrcik and buggs and degrijs and everyone else we have.but will see who goes to college form your school and will se who goes from ours.