Forrest vs. Private School

thetruth2008

I respect what MTCS has done. They can only play who they are given- re the undefeated season so far. 

Having said that, Forrest has played a much tougher schedule. They are by far the most physical team MTCS has seen so far. Huntland benefited from 10+ players out on Forrest's side. 

Now after the bye, almost every one of those kids will be back. And they are sick of hearing about Justin Winn.  Forrest beat MTCS on their home field last year, and Winn threw two picks in the 4th, one of them a pick 6. The pressure did pay off.

Forrest needs to come out on fire. After a buy week that is a tall order. If Forrest wins the toss, DON'T DEFER. That plays right into this offense juggernaut's hands.   Take the ball and score on a 7 minute drive. And score touchdowns.

This one really is a pick em. Obvious cliches regarding turnovers, those 4-5 plays that can decide a close game, missed interceptions, a couple bad ref calls here and there. It's anybody's game and literally no result will shock me.    

Again, much kudos to MTCS. Their fans have every right to be proud and confident. 

However, it ends tonight. 

Rockets- 27

Cougars- 24

I respect what MTCS has done. They can only play who they are given- re the undefeated season so far. 

Having said that, Forrest has played a much tougher schedule. They are by far the most physical team MTCS has seen so far. Huntland benefited from 10+ players out on Forrest's side. 

Now after the bye, almost every one of those kids will be back. And they are sick of hearing about Justin Winn.  Forrest beat MTCS on their home field last year, and Winn threw two picks in the 4th, one of them a pick 6. The pressure did pay off.

Forrest needs to come out on fire. After a buy week that is a tall order. If Forrest wins the toss, DON'T DEFER. That plays right into this offense juggernaut's hands.   Take the ball and score on a 7 minute drive. And score touchdowns.

This one really is a pick em. Obvious cliches regarding turnovers, those 4-5 plays that can decide a close game, missed interceptions, a couple bad ref calls here and there. It's anybody's game and literally no result will shock me.    

Again, much kudos to MTCS. Their fans have every right to be proud and confident. 

However, it ends tonight. 

Rockets- 27

Cougars- 24

Would some of you true forrest fans please correct this person about the injury count at Huntland.  Forrest had 3 players out when the game started according to their coaches and their radio people. This person does not want to give Huntland any credit whatsoever for winning the game.  That is not like the good people from chapel hill.

There were probaly 10+ on the sidelines hurt but not all were starters. But the radio was wrong. I just counted 7 off the top of my head. There was 10, 21, 22, 38, 2, 32, and two lineman that may have seen limited time. I can't think of their numbers. Yes that played a huge roll in that loss but it's still a loss. I truely believe the team that played last night wins that game by 20 pts. But it doesn't matter, games over and cuddos to Huntland for playing a great game. I was surprised 21 and 10 didn't play defense last night. The ones that did played well. Don't be surprised if MTCS wins over Huntland. Winn is the real deal. He got rocked a few times last night. Slow to get up a few times and still played to the end. Nothing but respect for that young man. Just my opinion but I'll say MTCS over Huntland. You know opinions everybody has one!

There were probaly 10+ on the sidelines hurt but not all were starters. But the radio was wrong. I just counted 7 off the top of my head. There was 10, 21, 22, 38, 2, 32, and two lineman that may have seen limited time. I can't think of their numbers. Yes that played a huge roll in that loss but it's still a loss. I truely believe the team that played last night wins that game by 20 pts. But it doesn't matter, games over and cuddos to Huntland for playing a great game. I was surprised 21 and 10 didn't play defense last night. The ones that did played well. Don't be surprised if MTCS wins over Huntland. Winn is the real deal. He got rocked a few times last night. Slow to get up a few times and still played to the end. Nothing but respect for that young man. Just my opinion but I'll say MTCS over Huntland. You know opinions everybody has one!

I'm right there with you.

Thanks Jay! Telling one of the opposing team's best athletes and QB that his sole purpose is to "hand the ball to McClendon" is probably not the best practice. If I had to guess, I'd say Jones got wind of that little gem. He looked like a man on a mission and was throwing darts! Great game Jacob, keep it going!

Final post on this topic. 

Forrest had 10 of 22 starters out in the Huntland game.  I don't care what "coach's report" or anything else is being cited here. The injured players were more weighted towards our defense for the most part, but we also had our starting QB and fastest kid on the team out. 

For those who say that Forrest is only #6, he played in the Huntland game, and we lost. Our D and our O Line are defining characteristics of this year's team, they are healthy for the most part, and are improving each week.  

I said at the time and I will say again, a healthy Forrest team beats Huntland by 14-17 points. We traded TD's with you until the 4th quarter when half the guys that were on the field for us were JV kids.  

MTCS comments:

What an overhyped, overblown, read your own press clippings, stick your chest out when you've played no one, underestimate a team that has owned you for your entire existence, got spanked like a schoolgirl in EVERY aspect of the game, got COMPLETELY owned by Coach K and his staff, "team" that came to The Rock Friday. 

Had to get that out and it NEEDED to be said. 

Now. 

Winn- What a gamer. Tough. Was running for his life the entire 2nd half. Kept getting up and kept fighting. The first TD he threw was one of the prettiest passes you will ever see. Hit a guy streaking down the sidelines perfectly. I've seen 3-4 throws like that in my life at this level. He's for real. 

MTCS coaching staff- Questionable at best. Defense had no clue what Forrest was doing. Forrest looked like a well oiled machine. 5 plays into the game it was 7-0 and MTCS D looked like they had seen a ghost. They had. A blue one.

Also, keeping Winn in late- terrible decision. You still have Huntland this week and a playoff run. He was getting pummeled, getting up woozy and staggery, and you've still got him back there in the shotgun. Borderline idiotic.

Coach K and staff-  I am struggling to find a better example of using the bye week to prepare perfectly. Kids were healthy, yes. They were also pissed off and they hit and tackled and jumped around like maniacs and it was BEAUTIFUL. Defensive scheme was just unbelievably sound and executed flawlessly.  Coach K is the real deal but he doesn't do it alone. We have super strong coaches across the board. Love this staff.   

Forrest players- Heart, guts, muscle, sound fundamentals, focus for 4 quarters, it was all there.

MTCS as a program- On its way to bigger and better things. But stop running your mouths. Fan turnout was very impressive and they continued to cheer late into the 3rd.

Forrest is hitting their stride at exactly the right time. The tougher schedule and getting kids healthy is paying off. This team also has playoff potential and was respectable at superpower Adamsville last year. 

The road to the next level goes thru Adamsville again this year. I completely and totally get that Forrest is still an up and comer. They are not TCA, Adamsville, Trousdale or Marion Co. Yet. Friday's win was the type game that shows a program turning the corner.  The 4 teams I just mentioned are the Quad-Axis of supremacy in 2A. Forrest is knocking on the door. Am I predicting a win over any of those 4 teams come playoff time? Absolutely freeking not. I have a good handle on where we are. Are Coach K and his staff the right leaders and do we have a great future in front of us? You bet your #### we do.    

Misc:

- Winn fumbled in the 3rd. #6 took it right out of his hands while he was still standing up. Officials were clueless. 

- Unfortunately they woke up to see our #10 hit the ground, which caused him to cough it up. Their brilliant take? He fumbled. Of course. 

Give Forrest some respect people. A very good program is hitting its stride. 

You MTC'ers better show some balls and get on here and admit you got your vital organs carved up in an ugly way. You NEVER had a chance.