Cookeville @ LaVergne

oldfan41

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you mean "Welcome to real Rutherford County football". Let's not act like District 9-AAA is in the same ball park as Rutherford county. Your district's talent level is down this year, and you haven't beaten them either.

Thanks for the kind words, UpperCumberlandMan. We know what WCP's agenda is. It'd be interesting to hear why you hate Cookeville as well. :popcorneater:

No hate for Cookeville HS, jut a realist. From the Boro and know they diffrence between a quality 6a program and a pretender.

Cookeville football is not where it needs to be!!!! I think anyone around their program would tell you that. They have a long way to go to compete with Blackman and Oakland. I personally think that they can play with the rest of the RuCo teams this year. It was a close game until late in the fourth quarter. I do think that they kinda let up after coming up short on fourth down. It went from 24-17 to 38-17 quick. However I do think it was a very very competitve game. Cookeville played without their starting TE, who is a big key in the offense(blocking). They didn't know that he wasn't playing until 2 minutes before kickoff.

Be interesting to see how Lavergne and Siegel play out this week.

UCM-we know how you feel about Cookeville, their coaches, players, and program. Therapy Man. Therapy.

Johnny-guess Cookeville should schedule the powerhouse Bee's in the future.

So schedule 3a Upperman I your answer? K, CKV with 120 players Freshman-Seniors and the excuse to lose by 21 points is the TE was out? And there is no way CKV could hand with Seigal, Riverdale, or Smyrna.

I don't know what will happen in the playoffs or next year.  All I know that Friday night our boys were shaken at the start of the game as one of their peers left in an ambulance.  One TE out, the other gets injured and it slowed our Offense.  Excuse maybe.  It threw a wrench in the system.  If you replace a 6'6 260 pounder with a 6'2 205 pounder blocking on the edge it makes a difference.  You claim to know so much about Cookeville, then you know that the TE is a big part of the running game.  The back-up did well, but he was playing injured and both ways.  Then didn't play for a spell.  It had an impact on the game.  How much, we will never know.  

You two Upperman homers can slam Cookeville all you want.  I have watched games for years.  I have watch Cookeville for years.  This team isn't Blackman and Oakland.  I know that.  Riverdale and Siegel are the next tier.  Then you have Smyrna  and Lavergne.  Then Stewarts Creek.  Where Cookeville falls, who knows.  I think in the middle (wrong or right).  

UCM, I think you should go see Coach Maynord and help him with the schedule.  You are very obsessed with what he does and who he schedules.  I

Edited by Reilavac1

I believe you mean "Welcome to real Rutherford County football". Let's not act like District 9-AAA is in the same ball park as Rutherford county. Your district's talent level is down this year, and you haven't beaten them either.

Thanks for the kind words, UpperCumberlandMan. We know what WCP's agenda is. It'd be interesting to hear why you hate Cookeville as well. :popcorneater:

A down 9-AAA could still have our top 4 teams beat Cookeville. You're avoiding the facts.... Cookeville plays weak opposition and thus pays for it when they actually play anyone with talent....

Cookeville has played good competition up until the last two years.  The one who did the scheduling for these last two years did a bad job.  Coach Maynord inherited this schedule and team.  It will look different in year to come.  That of course depends on the district Cookeville gets put in.  

9AAA is a good region.  Ask Gallatin how Cookeville was early on!!

Cookeville has played good competition up until the last two years. The one who did the scheduling for these last two years did a bad job. Coach Maynord inherited this schedule and team. It will look different in year to come. That of course depends on the district Cookeville gets put in.

9AAA is a good region. Ask Gallatin how Cookeville was early on!!

So we're bringing up scrimmages now?

I don't know what will happen in the playoffs or next year. All I know that Friday night our boys were shaken at the start of the game as one of their peers left in an ambulance. One TE out, the other gets injured and it slowed our Offense. Excuse maybe. It threw a wrench in the system. If you replace a 6'6 260 pounder with a 6'2 205 pounder blocking on the edge it makes a difference. You claim to know so much about Cookeville, then you know that the TE is a big part of the running game. The back-up did well, but he was playing injured and both ways. Then didn't play for a spell. It had an impact on the game. How much, we will never know.

You two Upperman homers can slam Cookeville all you want. I have watched games for years. I have watch Cookeville for years. This team isn't Blackman and Oakland. I know that. Riverdale and Siegel are the next tier. Then you have Smyrna and Lavergne. Then Stewarts Creek. Where Cookeville falls, who knows. I think in the middle (wrong or right).

UCM, I think you should go see Coach Maynord and help him with the schedule. You are very obsessed with what he does and who he schedules. I

Homer? Live in Overton county and went to HS in the Boro, who am I a homer to?