Cookeville @ LaVergne

oldfan41

I was there. Oakland had suspended their starting tailback that week and had very little from whoever filled in. I thought MJ looked pretty good on offense and special teams but posted on here that they wouldn't make it to the state title game due to O and D lines not huge enough. And the MJ people got bent out of shape over that prediction. And that prediction turned out to be correct as they were eliminated by a team from Memphis.

I have nothing against MJ, but it was disappointing to see the attitudes fly over such a reasonable and educated prediction. As if I had slapped their granny in front of Providence at high noon.

You sound more offended and hurt than the fans you're referring to. :D Kinda have to know when to stop talking in a post your trying to make a valid point.... The granny reference is particularly odd....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way they acted WAS offensive.  There is being a good fan and then there is acting brainwashed.

You must be a transplant to Wilson County if you have never heard anything compared to "slap your granny."  That expression is so old, the last time most people heard it was right after they stepped in some dinosaur crap.