Cookeville @ LaVergne

oldfan41

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You wanting to act like 1 year being down makes the district never as good as 7AAA, then I can do the same thing and look back at the last 5 years and let's see who has had more success:

9AAA

State Championship appearances: 4

Won:2

Semi Finalist:4

Quarter Finalist: too many to remember.

7AAA:

State Championship appearances: 1

Won: 0

Semi Finalist:4

Quarter finalist: probably as many as 9AAA.

Yes 7AAA is good and everybody knows that. But don't act like 9AAA is just not in the same ballpark during most years...those top two stats say it all.

Not gonna get in this discussion to much but the whole mixing 5a and 6a schools in a district is why the finals look that way. All that goes away next year. 7AAA has been to all the semi games since Maryville started in 6a and that has been the stopping point.

2009 Riverdale

2010 Smyrna

2011 Riverdale

2012 Siegel

2013 Blackman

Not gonna get in this discussion to much but the whole mixing 5a and 6a schools in a district is why the finals look that way. All that goes away next year. 7AAA has been to all the semi games since Maryville started in 6a and that has been the stopping point.

2009 Riverdale

2010 Smyrna

2011 Riverdale

2012 Siegel

2013 Blackman

That is right, and Maryville is just that good. But MJ was dominant in 2011-2012, and they got beat by the eventual state champion Whitehaven by a TD. None of 7AAA got to have the pleasure of playing MJ a couple years back when they were really good. And Beech was 5A and nothing you can do about that but play the teams that you are faced with. But the 2012 Beech team with J. Hurd was good enough to play anybody in the state that year.

Nobody is saying that 7AAA Isn't better at this current year. The top two teams are. But people are wording it as if 7AAA has always been the better district, when that just isn't true. In 2011, I believe 9AAA almost swept 7AAA with the exception of W. Central. Both are good. 7AAA overall is better this year. Not every year. And another thing. Watch out for H-ville this year 6A.

Edited by thegreatone36

I'll get the point? :huh: Seems as though you are the one learning in this thread. I'm just glad that you can now differentiate between fact and opinion. As to those facts you presented, I have not once avoided those in this thread.

My argument with you is that you try to boast like 9-AAA is on par with Rutherford county by saying "welcome to real Middle Tennessee football" in a thread that has nothing to do with Mount Juliet or 9-AAA. When you look at the scores from this season, that statement is most definitely false.

As I said before, maybe one of those 9-AAA teams could travel to Cookeville in the playoffs. That'd be interesting. :popcorneater:

Ok Professor Knowitall, it's one down year for 9-AAA and after this year the division will break off and go it's seperate ways. When did I ever specify 9-AAA was better than Rutherford County? If you're so fact based you shouldn't just be assuming things so quickly, instead maybe ask what I meant first? What I meant was a few teams in 9-AAA and most Rutherford teams could mercy rule Cookeville. I'm confident enough to say that is a Fact! (I don't care about the exact definition of a fact, I know it, you know it.... This isn't a educational thread)

History is history.  Fact is fact.  Opinion is opinion.   Thats why we play the games.  I'm done with this thread.  Lavergne won, that is history and fact.  My opinion is play 10 times come out 5-5.

Here are my other opinions.

Blackman=L (Mercy Rule), Oakland=L (Mercy Rule), Riverdale=L  Competitive, Smyrna=Toss up L, Siegel=Toss Up L, Lavergne=Toss up ?, Stewarts Creek=W

Hendersonville=L Competitive, Beech=Toss up W, SC=Toss Up W, Gallatin=Toss Up W, MJ=Toss Up W, Wilson Central=Toss up W,  Lebanon=W Mercy rule, Portland=W Mercy Rule

These are all my opinion.  I am entitled to them.  You may view it different.  These are based on games, scrimmages, and like/common opponents.  We will never know.  Right or wrong these are my opinions.   They may change, but for now.   Peace I'm out.  

Feel free to bash or agree.

Edited by Reilavac1

That is right, and Maryville is just that good. But MJ was dominant in 2011-2012, and they got beat by the eventual state champion Whitehaven by a TD. None of 7AAA got to have the pleasure of playing MJ a couple years back when they were really good. And Beech was 5A and nothing you can do about that but play the teams that you are faced with. But the 2012 Beech team with J. Hurd was good enough to play anybody in the state that year.

Just talking about the only interaction that Cookeville has had with a 9AAA team. That team seems to have done pretty well as the season has gone.

We will compare 7AAA and 9AAA in the playoffs and see who does what. We will also see how Cookeville does.

I'm not saying that Cookeville is quaterfinal/semifinal material, but I'm not saying that are the sisters of the poor either. They are better than Cookeville has been since 2005. I think that they will continue to get better as long as Coach Maynord is there.

UCM all your posts are about Upperman. Pro Upperman!!!! You want to jump on the LA bandwagon, and bash Cookeville. You are a Cookeville Hater. All these other guys can have their opinion based on the Lavergne game, but yours is hate.

Gallatin is a historic program. I will give you that. I have been to many major Gallatin playoff/championship games. That luster has been lost a little in the last decade. In my opinion.

Most of my post are about 8aa teams. I did support the bet team in 8aa last season UH and the best team in 8aa my home county LA this season. UH is average this eason and I have said so. People might like the dose of truth give them, but mosst of the time I am spot on. I am from the boro so I don't have a slanted homer veiw of any one particular program. I tell it like I see it.

Ok Professor Knowitall, it's one down year for 9-AAA and after this year the division will break off and go it's seperate ways. When did I ever specify 9-AAA was better than Rutherford County? If you're so fact based you shouldn't just be assuming things so quickly, instead maybe ask what I meant first? What I meant was a few teams in 9-AAA and most Rutherford teams could mercy rule Cookeville. I'm confident enough to say that is a Fact! (I don't care about the exact definition of a fact, I know it, you know it.... This isn't a educational thread)

Ok, Mr. Perry. You didn't specify 9-AAA. You simply claimed "real Middle Tennessee high school football" as if Mt Juliet/9-AAA in the same league as Rutherford County when all facts point otherwise. Get my point? :thumb:

It's also comical that you claim a few teams in 9-AAA could mercy rule Cookeville (which is an opinion by definition BTW), but few teams in that district have a .500 record. Strong argument there. I can't wait to see the dominance of 9-AAA in the playoffs. :roflolk:

We can agree that it will all work itself out in the next few weeks.

MJ 34. Oakland 28 in 2011. Playoff game

I was there.  Oakland had suspended their starting tailback that week and had very little from whoever filled in.  I thought MJ looked pretty good on offense and special teams but posted on here that they wouldn't make it to the state title game due to O and D lines not huge enough. And the MJ people got bent out of shape over that prediction.  And that prediction turned out to be correct as they were eliminated by a team from Memphis.

I have nothing against MJ, but it was disappointing to see the attitudes fly over such a reasonable and educated prediction.  As if I had slapped their granny in front of Providence at high noon.