Smith County @ Macon County

Hsfootballnut

I dont like the way any of this mess sounds!! You still have a shot at 2nd in the district. Motivate the dang boys, stop with the boohooo and lets get out there and do this thing!! We all know this team is capable of waaaayyyyy better than this. We need to do this, we need to do that, we need to play quality bla bla and whatever. No. What we need to do is shut up, get out there and put somebody on the dang ground.

OK - what do you do rather than say  "shut up, get out there and put somebody on the dang grown." Don't you know and realize that the coaches have been harping on this for weeks. That has not worked - tell me what you do now?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK - what do you do rather than say "shut up, get out there and put somebody on the dang grown." Don't you know and realize that the coaches have been harping on this for weeks. That has not worked - tell me what you do now?

if two players are equally effective after factoring in talent, heart, and knowledge.....always go with the younger kid. Some senoirs may have an edge in talent and knowledge(experience) but their heart is gone when the season seems lost. When that happens, time to make changes with kids who will be back in the program next season. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Guest Termite

I see your point, but look at the last 21/2 games - I had MUCH have a quality young player than continue the way we have played with older players. A quality young player will give much more effort than we have seen recently. I had rather get beat with young players who will be back for three more years than with seniors. If the CC game had been a fluke or some specific reason, yeah, you might want to give this a second thought. After the effort and stupid mistakes by seasoned players, to get beat by CC would seal the deal with me. What leadership on the field do we have? Absolutely ZERO. This is the responsibility of the seniors to be leaders.  Just my opinion. 

Much more effort?? Where were they in July and August?? Weren't they giving effort then?  I had rather get beat with the best you have, than lose with effort. If a kid can play, he can play no matter if he is a Sr or Fr.. Specific reason for CC?  To me, it didn't look like they were ready to play.

Seasoned players make stupid mistakes. Younger players make stupid mistakes, but get a pass because they are "young". No matter how you slice it, it's still a stupid mistake.

With all that being said.....There are.2 games left. At this point you know, or should know who can do what. Put the best players on the field, coach them up and play.

Guest Termite

OK - what do you do rather than say  "shut up, get out there and put somebody on the dang grown." Don't you know and realize that the coaches have been harping on this for weeks. That has not worked - tell me what you do now?

What's changed? Weren't they harping on it since spring practice?  The coaches must have thought it worked or changes would have been made before now, don't ya think?  They seemed to play well.....until the 4th quarter of WC and against CC. So my question would be, did they just get together between the 3rd and 4th quarter of WC and "lose heart" or forget how to play? I don't think so....

OK - what do you do rather than say "shut up, get out there and put somebody on the dang grown." Don't you know and realize that the coaches have been harping on this for weeks. That has not worked - tell me what you do now?

If i had those answers i would be wearing a headset every friday night. If they aint givin me 100% im putting them on the bench. Period. And frankly i dont care how talented or what grade they are in. Your either all in or your all out. Id rather lose every stinking game with a group of boys that work their arses off than i had win a handful of games with lazy players that may have a tad of talent. Im not questioning coaching here. Them guys work their butts off and deserve a lot more than they are getting from their players right now.

Guest Termite

If i had those answers i would be wearing a headset every friday night. If they aint givin me 100% im putting them on the bench. Period. And frankly i dont care how talented or what grade they are in. Your either all in or your all out. Id rather lose every stinking game with a group of boys that work their arses off than i had win a handful of games with lazy players that may have a tad of talent. Im not questioning coaching here. Them guys work their butts off and deserve a lot more than they are getting from their players right now.

I would think the coaches have been doing that since they started. Any coach worth their salt does exactly that. And I would hope the coaches hold every player accountable for their play