South Pitt vs. Marion (Moore man against that Ross man)

Roy Dillard

No Hope, you know you can't talk rational with Op. He thinks it is all players and there is no way a coach had a hand in it. You are correct though and Ross has brought this team a long way, way further than I thought when I first saw the offense. The defense has been very stingy and very good at containing the edge this year, a place we have struggled in recent years. That is coaching when you teach the kids the technique that they have this year. Yes, they will have a bust or two a game, but overall they are very tough. Ross won't run the score up intentionally, he doesn't care about piling it on like some coaches, he wants to get the back ups experience because he has integrity.

No Hope, you know you can't talk rational with Op. He thinks it is all players and there is no way a coach had a hand in it. You are correct though and Ross has brought this team a long way, way further than I thought when I first saw the offense. The defense has been very stingy and very good at containing the edge this year, a place we have struggled in recent years. That is coaching when you teach the kids the technique that they have this year. Yes, they will have a bust or two a game, but overall they are very tough. Ross won't run the score up intentionally, he doesn't care about piling it on like some coaches, he wants to get the back ups experience because he has integrity.

LOPAO...... Truth,you have a problem telling the whole truth. You and a couple more have consistently complained / stated, SP only wins because they have goy studs, Vickie don't coach, he wins on talent, anybody could win with the talent SP has year after year, just to identify a few attempts you haters from Jasper have repeatedly ran the yapper about. You should really remove the lying lips from your posts. You have criticized coach Vic for years talking trash all while he won and proved his coaching, then the SOS comes to Jasvegas and his team wins 8 games and he is the Greatest thing to walk the sidelines. You know & all us coacht fellers know, Old Pirate ain't joking neither. Edited by OLD PIRATE

LOPAO...... Truth,you have a problem telling the whole truth. You and a couple more have consistently complained / stated, SP only wins because they have goy studs, Vickie don't coach, he wins on talent, anybody could win with the talent SP has year after year, just to identify a few attempts you haters from Jasper have repeatedly ran the yapper about. You should really remove the lying lips from your posts. You have criticized coach Vic for years talking trash all while he won and proved his coaching, then the SOS comes to Jasvegas and his team wins 8 games and he is the Greatest thing to walk the sidelines. You know & all us coacht fellers know, Old Pirate ain't joking neither.

There is a world of difference in sp talent in 1a and Mc talent. I sure wished that Victor hadn't pulled a Ross and backed out of the cc job. Then we would have saw what kind of coach he was. Vic knew when to get out of dodge. He is a smart man. I never said he was the greatest coach ever to walk the sidelines by far, but let's see if you can admit that he has coached em up after Friday. To me the mark of a great coach is winning games that you aren't favoured to win. Which leads me to ask you again after you ignored me. How many titles did Vic win when they weren't favoured? I will sit back and listen to your answer.......

There is a world of difference in sp talent in 1a and Mc talent. I sure wished that Victor hadn't pulled a Ross and backed out of the cc job. Then we would have saw what kind of coach he was. Vic knew when to get out of dodge. He is a smart man. I never said he was the greatest coach ever to walk the sidelines by far, but let's see if you can admit that he has coached em up after Friday. To me the mark of a great coach is winning games that you aren't favoured to win. Which leads me to ask you again after you ignored me. How many titles did Vic win when they weren't favoured? I will sit back and listen to your answer.......

I have an answer, but first tell us coacht feller what has Jasper done that was not expected? The 1-9 season a few back resulted in the administration down grading the schedule in hopes of producing more wins. That is not intended to down play the players that have continued to improve and the players have positioned themselves to do something that that hasn't been done round the jailhouse in a century. The warriors have won 8 games all of which they were favored, lost 1 to a average Central team. Now as OP sees it, 8-1 against a weak schedule, majority predicted as much last year before.......Jasper's shameful antics. The record stands at 8 wins to inferior talented teams, 1 shut out loss to by all accounts should have & would not happened if the played again. Now OP would ask again what has the SOS done that all seem to be in agreement with that Mac, Pruit wouldn't have done? OP's sees it this way, 1 shutout loss to an average Central , 8 wins against a weak schedule and an over whelming favorite to beat a far below average SP team that will field a team with 1/3 of the starters missing. Again, Mac or Pruitt would be undefeated after 10 games with the Warriors schedule. Please tell us all what has the Warriors done that was Not expected? All us fellers is waiting to hear!

BTW, the SOS & Vic's situations were totally different animals. Vic's was about the school not meeting financial promises. The SOS's was about him not getting to bring his little pals and the refusal of the school/county to push out/remove veteran teachers and coaches that were in his way. Old Pirate was never, ever a fan, talks like a used car salesman. Yep a Lane Kiffin type, you Vol fans love them! GO WAREAGLES

I guess with all the talk about injuries Marion will have to see about moving this game earlier in the year so Pitt can't make excuses about having 22 starters out.

No excuses, the Warriors have been favored in this years matchup since last year. The Pirates have been crippled, take away Jasper's best player alone and see how far they go!

I have an answer, but first tell us coacht feller what has Jasper done that was not expected? The 1-9 season a few back resulted in the administration down grading the schedule in hopes of producing more wins. That is not intended to down play the players that have continued to improve and the players have positioned themselves to do something that that hasn't been done round the jailhouse in a century. The warriors have won 8 games all of which they were favored, lost 1 to a average Central team. Now as OP sees it, 8-1 against a weak schedule, majority predicted as much last year before.......Jasper's shameful antics. The record stands at 8 wins to inferior talented teams, 1 shut out loss to by all accounts should have & would not happened if the played again. Now OP would ask again what has the SOS done that all seem to be in agreement with that Mac, Pruit wouldn't have done? OP's sees it this way, 1 shutout loss to an average Central , 8 wins against a weak schedule and an over whelming favorite to beat a far below average SP team that will field a team with 1/3 of the starters missing. Again, Mac or Pruitt would be undefeated after 10 games with the Warriors schedule. Please tell us all what has the Warriors done that was Not expected? All us fellers is waiting to hear!

Yep you are right about the schedule, they downgraded because the talent wasn't good, not Ross fault nor the kids that are playing now. Good thing for sp, the tssaa has downgraded the pirate schedule at the right time starting next year. I have never said Ross was great, just that he was a good coach and will have a very successful career wherever he ends up. Central was far more physical and faster than we were and an average 6-3 4a team is going to give a good 2a team problems every time they play. Mac wouldn't have been undefeated, he would have had the same record, his defense wasn't good. If you were around the program and knew the attention to detail and all of the little things that were taught to these kids then you probably would still beat your head against the wall and disagree, but that is fine, your opinion is in the minority and proves your worth. You can keep on dodging the truth about how many games Vic won when he was not favoured, but most knows how that turned out.

I garuntee you OP it would depend on how many of the other teams play sheets that McCurry man had on how many games he would win. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

BTW, the SOS & Vic's situations were totally different animals. Vic's was about the school not meeting financial promises. The SOS's was about him not getting to bring his little pals and the refusal of the school/county to push out/remove veteran teachers and coaches that were in his way. Old Pirate was never, ever a fan, talks like a used car salesman. Yep a Lane Kiffin type, you Vol fans love them! GO WAREAGLES

No excuses, the Warriors have been favored in this years matchup since last year. The Pirates have been crippled, take away Jasper's best player alone and see how far they go!

No, they weren't that much different, both were promised something and both fell through......bottom line. I am beginning to think you have multiple personalities on here with you being in the know. It wasn't the school meeting the responsibilities that I am aware of, it was the love offering that you speak of. Unless yous Vic or sleeping with him I'm sure you don't know the whole story of what transpired. Keep dodging questions. To many sp posters last year Mc wasn't favoured. To most sp was still going to beat their eyes out. Sounds like excuses to me. No excuses BUT...............