The Ridge @ Anderson County (Thursday Night 30th)

SweetScience

I do wish AC was healthy but that's football. We will just have to find a way. I sure am glad this game is being played tonight rather than tomorrow.

Well it sounds as if the QB will be back? What other injuries are going on? I heard a lineman, but haven't heard anything other than that. Unless this lineman is the next Larry Allen (former Cowboy great) then it would seem y'all aren't in THAT bad of shape?

Well it sounds as if the QB will be back? What other injuries are going on? I heard a lineman, but haven't heard anything other than that. Unless this lineman is the next Larry Allen (former Cowboy great) then it would seem y'all aren't in THAT bad of shape?

We have a lineman out and the QB will be their but wont play. Hopfully he can come back if we make it to the 2nd rd. But I think AC will keep it close and pull it out at the end. Fox get stronger as the game goes on. We need a group effort tonight missing two starters on offense. Go MAVS!! Who made the Black Wildcat Shirts that says YOUR NEXT? shows tombstones with the scores on them. With a Cat holding the AC Bull by one leg....lol 

Agreed to a point, you have to remember that AC losing a lineman is probably a bigger deal than OR.  AC probably dresses around 45 Varsity players, so Depth is a major issue.  Your not only losing an offensive lineman but also a defensive one.  I would imaging that AC has somewhere around 7 players that start on both sides of the ball as well as a few of those on KO/KOR, how many players at OR go both ways?  AC losing one starter is the equivalent of probably your Peewee team losing a starter when talking about depth

I agree with what M4L said and would add that the QB being available is not the same as having him unhurt like earlier in the year. Bear in mind too that the injured lineman is the kicker who put not a few kickoffs into the EZ. I still think we can do it but it will take a lot of things going our way.

Agreed to a point, you have to remember that AC losing a lineman is probably a bigger deal than OR. AC probably dresses around 45 Varsity players, so Depth is a major issue. Your not only losing an offensive lineman but also a defensive one. I would imaging that AC has somewhere around 7 players that start on both sides of the ball as well as a few of those on KO/KOR, how many players at OR go both ways? AC losing one starter is the equivalent of probably your Peewee team losing a starter when talking about depth

We have zero linemen on both sides of the ball who go both ways and that's huge for us I do think. Honestly we have none that go both ways and the ones who do is only sparingly. This is something we didn't have under Coach Blade or even last year for that matter.

We have zero linemen on both sides of the ball who go both ways and that's huge for us I do think. Honestly we have none that go both ways and the ones who do is only sparingly. This is something we didn't have under Coach Blade or even last year for that matter.

So what's different? What's the reason for this?

So what's different? What's the reason for this?

Well, with Blade we just had small numbers. I think we had around 55 or so and that's how he wanted it. Gaddis came and more kids have came out and we're fortunate enough to have a lot of real good players on both sides of the ball who don't have to go both ways. That's a major reason Maryville has always been so great. Their depth and no guys playing both ways. Even in 91 we had guys that had to play both ways moreso than this year.

I hear all kind of rumors about the circumstances with AC QB, what I do know is he's a heck of a ball player offensively and defensively.  My prayers are with you and your family son. Concussions and brain injuries are very serious.  Take your time and appreciate the little things in life.  

Good luck to OR and AC and congrats to the fans who will see a great game.