Week 10: Sullivan South (8-1) @ Elizabethton (8-1)

EHSTrack06

Also South looks like they could potentially pick up one more win. Still looking like South will hold off for the # 2 spot but it will be a lengthy tiebreaker.

That's the most likely out come as long as Catholic doesn't win. Which I should be a good game between them and Alcoa. I've seen Greeneville, Catholic, and Fulton play this year. I wouldn't want to face either 3 in the first round no matter what seed they are.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...just like always, a true game to watch. Hats off to the Rebels who came to Brown Childress stadium and executed their game plan to near perfection. I knew going into this game that the QB play for South would be a huge challenge. Good win by a great ball club. As far as the Cyclones looked tonight, I can't say that the coaches called their best game. This match up is unlike many others in week ten. For both teams this is like the playoffs a week early. I think the Betsy players played the best they could given the plays called by the coaches. EHS was playing not to lose instead I playing to win. South is never a disappointment to watch and I greatly enjoy the higher level of competition that makes for a great high school game. South will without a doubt be into the second week of the playoffs and I wish them the best of luck and praying all stay injury free. Cyclones you played with heart and class and you never quit! Proud of those Cyclones.

Like I said before, stop the QB option and stay behind their receivers and this will be a cake walk. If you don't do those two things they WILL score with you. South is a good team... they're just very predictable and have been for years.They can't stop your ground attach if you mix it up just enough to keep them from stacking the box.  I will say though... keep the ball away from #1(I think that's his number) a quick little WR! He is a "gamer" and is very dangerous in open space. 

Maybe somebody should have sent Shawn this post.  :thumb: I think it pretty much tells the story of tonight's game. And I didn't even need a crystal ball.  :roflolk: Just out of curiosity... who scored on the screen pass?

Maybe that's because THREE years ago you were playing better competition in 5A ball. Trust me... there was nobody in the Castle including yourself who thought South had a chance to win that game in the second half. The only reason the score looks half way respectable is because one if not two of your scores were during trash time against JV. So don't get it twisted. You have no idea what you are getting ready to face with #28. I want you to be a man and come back on here after the game and say "Cap you tried to tell me"! :roflol:

Are you gonna be a man and tell us you were wrong?

Our coaching calls baffled me tonight. One drive we went with 3 passing plays when we clearly aren't a passing team. We looked like we didnt know how to defend a screen pass and a lot of South's big passing plays were right to the middle of the field without a Cyclone anywhere near the South WR. We had a lot of success runnin it and I'm not sure why they started tryin to call a lot of passing plays. But good game to South. Definitely a great game to watch, even sitting on the South side, great atmosphere.

That is a ridiculous statement, and I think I'll just leave it at that.  :huh:

Betsy wins this game running backwards... not even close. When playing South you only have to watch for two things.... the QB option (every other play) and the Hale Mary. Put a spy on the QB and don't let the receivers get behind you and you slow their role almost to a stop. Cyclones on the other had will pound you with #28 until it hurts. You may stop him once and maybe even twice... but the third time is going to the house! Word is bond...  :thumb:

You can't be serious. This is on Page 2. "Word is bond"....."Not even close".

I guess somebody hacked your account to make you look completely stupid.

What a game! Even if we had lost I would have said we laid it all on the line and would not have had any regrets. Congrats to both teams for fine seasons and I hope both make some noise in the playoffs. Now, I'm not calling anyone out in particular as there were more than a few trolls on here earlier saying South was going to get blown out. What say ye now?

What a game! Even if we had lost I would have said we laid it all on the line and would not have had any regrets. Congrats to both teams for fine seasons and I hope both make some noise in the playoffs. Now, I'm not calling anyone out in particular as there were more than a few trolls on here earlier saying South was going to get blown out. What say ye now?

I knew it would be a great game and wish South the best of luck in the playoffs.Good team with great fans.

South could have thrown the screen to the WR in the trips set and gained atleast 5 yards anytime. Where was Jones the 2nd half? I never thought that EHS would not even come close to scoring the 2nd half but they did not. Got to give South's D credit they played the 2nd half.

Elizabethton will be in Knoxville, Greeneville or Colonial Heights Nov 7th and they will be underdogs.

One more thing it was nice to play for the conference at home in a big game and big crowd. That will not happen for the next 2 years because a conference game will not have a crowd and the championship is over before the season starts.

Edited by Tab